Introductions

General Chat Forum - Talk about everything else here.

Moderator: Ref

Peter H

Re: Introductions

Postby Peter H » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:37 am

Understood, sorry :(

Nobodysprince

Postby Nobodysprince » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi all!

I'm Lee and I'm from the Exeter area. I was tempted to start LARPing by a friend, and will make my first booking for October/November time! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Cheers,
Lee

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Hey Lee, nice to meet you, see you in a couple of months: any questions, just ask

Ben
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Ignore Ben, he's being way too polite so must be ill, he's not normally that polite and will be hurling his wit at you soon. Hurry up and come out to play with us all and we'll corrupt you into the world of larp in no time at all :)

Actually, thinking about it, Ben is pretty polite to people. How worrying for a larper.

Drakan

Postby Drakan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Hi all im Dan

I live not far from exeter and work on the outskirts of exeter during the week,

Im a recovering WoW addict (been clean/offline now for over a month) , Bassist & gamer.

I played Warhammer Fantasy, MMORPGS and RPG games for a long time now but i've never LARP'd and didnt know alot about it until a friend mentioned it, but i'd really like to give it a go . Hopefully be along on the 18th Sept event to get to know you all and find out what its all about :D
"Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time" - Bertrand Russell

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Awesome.

Here within HoP we do have a very active WoW guild if you ever get the urge come Cataclysm. Mainly a 10 man guild because of our formal nature, and that's how it'll continue into Cataclysm.

9/12 ICC10 Hc. Fun people.

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:03 am

Yeah, you might find it hard to keep that addiction at bay around us :)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:25 am

Welcome to both of you, Lee and dan.
No idea why they say a polite larper is scary xD I'm perfectly nice unless I'm dressed as a monster, then il be hunting ya muahahaha

Still relatively new myself, nice to see some new faces, I bet your both have a great time in Hop. I know after one day I was hooked in deep.

Hopefuly catch ya both soon
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Drakan

Postby Drakan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:00 am

Thank for welcomes guys

ye i thought that might be the case with Wow, reading the threads looks like a lot of you guys are alliance? im kinda horde :twisted:
You never know i might end up joining your server if i come back :D

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:37 am

Hey Dan and Lee!

Nice to see we have corrupted yet two more innocent souls to the darkside, and hope to see you soon.

(Lee, Im so so sorry for corrupting you...except Im not really sorry... :wink: )
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Nobodysprince

Postby Nobodysprince » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Haha, don't worry, I was already more than open to corruption... :P

And thank you very much for the warm welcome everyone!! Though if Ben is really hiding a wicked wit beneath his facade, I am more than prepared with plenty of (metaphorical) ammunition of my own!! :twisted:

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Curruption? (a) us? We ate all too cute, fluffy and innocent for that.
I like to think of it as forcing an extremely addictive enlightenment onto you :P

Have to say from experience if you leave wow, buy your friends don't your get dragged back, even more so with new content on the horizon ^^ you can't fight it, come back to the light
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Aha we have a recovering WoW addict in our midst. Brilliant. Maybe at last I can have someone that can have a conversation without reverting to WoW accronyms and jargon. Well, that is until I convert him to erm, neopets :) I can do neopets, it's on my level.

http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=rainydb

Welcome new person from the Hoarde. Just watch they don't try to kill you for your betrayal. Ah, but 'tis larp so yeah, fully expect to get killed but be warned they may enjoy it a bit too much!

Drakan

Postby Drakan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:24 pm

I doubt ill go back onto it unless catclysm is really good, my friends who played it are moving to Final Fantasy online when it comes out. I like Wow dont get me wrong, but i do get RDV points about talking to some gamers not just Wow players , i remember being in a nightclub and my friend coming up and trying to discuss his profit from skinning and leatherworking after the release of wrath of the lich king, sometimes its the wrong place, the wrong time :D

Im looking forward to it now, especially after reading the forum. I tend to keep the side of me who likes warhammer, sci fi etc fairly secret as not alot of people i know really would be able to relate :D
Btw Adam said to wear black to monster, but i also saw a post about no jeans whys that?

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Why black or why no jeans?

Black jeans are fine really, they're not perfect but there's nothing really wrong with them as long as they don't look too modern.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “General Chat”