Introductions

General Chat Forum - Talk about everything else here.

Moderator: Ref

Hatsuo1980

Re: Introductions

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Please excise edds racist comment

His mind needs to get out the valley
............................................................................Image

Aeq

Postby Aeq » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 pm

All right, introduction -after- being one of the monsters yesterday. (yeah the one that kept dieing on the bramble bushes)

Hello all, name is Alejandro but you can all call me Aeq (pronounced "ache"...way easier than pronouncing Alejandro).

Recently arrived to Exeter, found HoP on the internet and decided to give it a try. Had great fun yesterday and look forward to joining in more adventures.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the fun yesterday.

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Good to meet you mate and thanks for coming along :-)
............................................................................Image

Peter H

Postby Peter H » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey all, I'm Peter Hall, a student in Exeter.

Am hoping to come along and join you all for some LARP soon! Heard about you from some friends and you seem to have a good rep!

Will be in touch soon!

Peter

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Welcome Peter.

This Saturday there is an adventure, it isn't on the booking form though.
Hope you can make it.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:25 pm

We usually run 2 adventures a weekend, so if it says there's one on one day, there's almost certainly one on the other day!

Hope to see you soon!
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Peter, stay away. Pargon can seriously damage your health! Before you know it you'll be coming every adventure, your friends will have really strange names, you'll forget their real ones and you'll develop a passion for scouring charity shops for props. If that isn't bad enough, you'll develop and addiction to Haribo and a longing to be given an 'I love Will' badge!

I guess we'll see you somewhen :)

Peter H

Postby Peter H » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks for the warning!

I had a look at Shadow Realms as well, but decided they weren't for me when I read how nasty they were being about (I think) you guys. There's no call for it, even if you are rivals. They then deleted my post pointing this out. So not a great impression so far of the hobby. However people seem more pleasant here.

Though if I turn up and you all have crusty socks and look like Jabba the Hut, I'm going to feel pretty stupid...

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Yeah that was us lot, my post got deleted too. At Pargon I promise not to dribble too much and rock back and forth as long as you ply me with enough Haribo to keep my brain going. There's room for all in the world of roleplaying and I hope you enjoy Pargon and SR if you do decide to visit them. Lots going on here at the moment as the club prepares for the annual week long event in the beginning of Aug and a weekend event at the awesome Legion of Dreams site later the same month, you can find info on them under the news and announcements section. There's a lot of club member input here so you'll find people writing their own things and therefore a diverse range of adventures and events to suit everyone. Looking forward to meeting you :)

Lizzywizzy

Postby Lizzywizzy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:39 am

Thanks Becky there is room for all indeed and has been communicated to Peter with the first adventure being free he's welcome to experience Shadow Realms and make his own mind up rather than the path he's already gone down. And he has been given the head of Shadow Realms e-mail address if he wishes to respond to him privately he can do. If this isn't taken up the assumption does have to be that the purpose was to strictly offend and not to understand.

If there is anything on the SR boards at the moment that offends then contact cianistarle who is our current moderator explain why you don't like it and she'll make a decision to remove and communicate with you. Got to be better than posting publicy pretty strong inflammatory views. Hell even I have learned that.

Sorry just don't want anything to start up again which is why they have been removed as we are entitled to on our own boards as explained to me by our moderator. And as you are entitled to on this board if you remove this posting. Discussing things privately, discussing things in person have to be better than online slanging matches. I've lost my temper in the past but am committed to doing that now no matter the provocation. And certainly as a newbie posting a very inflammatory first posting denouncing a club you haven't been to due to comment you've not understood or a back ground you have heard from one side is also not a great route to go down.

libzthomas@yahoo.co.uk if anyone wishes to discuss this further. Sorry I just didn't think it was fair the way things have been portrayed in this situation.

Thanks

Liz

Peter H

Postby Peter H » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:56 am

Lizzywizzy,

As would still be clear if you hadn't deleted my first post, I registered with your forums to see what was going on despite bad rep, so not listening to potential rumours. Straight away there were pretty recent and blatant posts being very offensive about people's image, sexual habits and calling people backstabbers.... That seems pretty obvious to me and hardly takes a detective to get to the bottom of...

Very diplomatic post though... maybe 'BOB' could learn a thing or two... I'm sorry some of your club members are letting you down though if the feeling from the top is different.

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Kk, shhh all.

I don't know what's being said on the SR forums atm, since they were made private after the last round of nastiness (which also means I don't know adventure dates). I also don't really care... as it's all a bit sad and bitter.

So yes, thanks for sticking up for us, and I know exactly where you're coming from, but it's not a new problem, and it certainly isn't one that bothers us much. People can think and say what they like but a) they're wrong and b) we wont sink to that level.

But I do want to say LOL if it was Bob saying those things. He was saying the same about SR a couple of years ago, us before then, SRC before then, SR before then... that guy changes his allegiances every year... really not worth listening to cause he'll be saying the same about someone else before long!

So, enough... pieces have been said, please leave it there.
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Ok better say ello in here as i have been slacking and may of accidently forgot to in the end haha
hopefuly most of you know me by now as i have been a few times for you all to beat up and have a good giggle while doing it.

names Sonny Bigwood, im 21 years old and a big cuddly muppet :D
living and working localy in exeter as a security guard for middlemoore police hq, and part time bouncer when i get the spare time off and need the shinies.

big into d&d as well but larps pulling more of my time and dragging me from the d20s and into the fun of live action more and more with each session ^=^

always try and be friendly and a little bonkers, feel free to poke me or tell me anything im doing wrong or too hard, etc etc i cant learn if not told and i never take anything to heart ^^
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Ben also works at Middlemoor :)

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 am

Have to get him to say ello on the gate sometime ^^ either that or il wear monster gear so he can recognise me xD
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Return to “General Chat”