Introductions

General Chat Forum - Talk about everything else here.

Moderator: Ref

Hatsuo1980

Re: Introductions

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Jeans don't look very in character - plain black 'jogging bottoms' are far better :-)
............................................................................Image

Drakan

Postby Drakan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:32 am

Sorry i've never done Larp'ing or anything liek that before, don't wanna get it wrong :wink:

Ill try and find something , If i get into it, which im sure i will i would make sure i look more then part :D
"Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time" - Bertrand Russell

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:09 pm

You'll be fine so don't worry. Just don't wear your rainbow dungarees or pink stilletto boots and you'll be fine :)

Drakan

Postby Drakan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:57 pm

*throws pink stillettos out of window*
no i'd never think of wearing that! , thanks for the input everyone ill hopefully not disappoint :D
"Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time" - Bertrand Russell

Tee-Hee

Postby Tee-Hee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi.
I'm Alex.

Just moved to Exeter from Preston with my Wife, we don't know anyone and are still trying to work out where stuff is atm.
I mostly table top to be honest, but have run a few live games in the past and have been "monstering" a fair few times in various games and genres.

My gaming preferences =
Table Top: SLA Industries, To GM and to play. I ran a weekly SLA group in Preston, almost continuously, for 14 years.
LARP: Castle Falkenstein. It's a huge amount of effort to do Victorian Steam Punk, but well worth it.
Computer: EVE Online

Obviously, I'm trying to meet people.

Cheers!

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Never did get round to playing SLA Industries. My now brother in law was going to run a game, but never got round to it.

Welcome to the asylum. I'm Colin, one of the Refs.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:07 pm

EVE, ewwwwww, WoW forever!

Nice to hear from you, have a look at our booking section for adventure dates and would be great to see you!
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Hiya and welcome :)

I am Becky and moved here just over a year ago and still have no clue where anything is BUT I do know where the good random odd shops are for larp kit. Not that I am encouraging you or anything...

Glad you found us and feel free to drop me a pm if you get lost / need to know anything about the place. I probably wont know the answers I expect but will be most amused that I am no longer the newbie in town.

Haven't done tabletop in years (children tend to not fit round such things easily), and my limit online is Neopets. Anyway welcome from me and from Ben who is lurking next to me. His username on here is amazingly 'Ben'.

Tee-Hee

Postby Tee-Hee » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks for the welcome.

I had to go back to Preston on thursday and returned yesterday, hence the delay in replying.

dainul wrote:Never did get round to playing SLA Industries. My now brother in law was going to run a game, but never got round to it.

I'm more than happy to run SLA, so if you know anyone else who's interested let me know.

I'll look at the booking section tonight. Cheers Will!

I might bug you at some point Becky. We moved from a 3 bed house into a 1 bed flat, so much of my LARP gear is now in the hands of mates up north.

On another note... is the Black Horse THE rock pub in Exeter?

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Errr, I wouldn't say I've ever associated the Black Horse with rock... but I could be wrong...
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Tee-Hee

Postby Tee-Hee » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:08 am

Maybe we just wandered in on a random rock night then.
Where would you say is a rock pub? We were thinking of going out on fri night and we're both far more rock/metal/goth than pop.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:48 am

Hello Alex and welcome to not only Hop but the glory that is Exeter haha

Nothing wrong with Eve :P was my first Mmo and is sooooo pretty , I do miss my Amarr battleships .... or was it a cruiser... Hmmm either way it was dam sexy

Il ask around with other bouncers, only door ive worked on with special music is "mumma stones" who sometimes have live music ^^ il see if I can hunt down a rock joint for ya

Hope we can addict you to our mad world , look forward to meeting ya
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Tee-Hee

Postby Tee-Hee » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 am

Cheers Harach!

I'm working my way through the vastness that is this website. The "Maximum Damage" and "Absolute Maximum Damage" explanation threw me a bit, but I think I have a handle on that now. There's a lot of stuff to read and the site is still a bit alien to me atm. Trying to find the bit that says when and where you all go LARPing / meet up (do i just lob my name into a booking?).

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:13 am

We userly meet up at the big tesco near sowton and middlemoore and have breakfast about 10ish.
Then we head off to woodbry common which isn't far and use a variety of walking routes.

If you can find the giant tesco all you need to do us follow the rest ^^

When it comes to the tomes of knowledge on the site, I'd say read the basics. Come monster with us other minions and your soon master it

For booking choose if you want to play or monster in the tab by the date. If your playing you want to pop your charter name in by the selection as well. At the top of the booking form (I think) is a spot for your real name and details etc for contacting you if needs be
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Tee-Hee

Postby Tee-Hee » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:33 am

I have my folks coming round next weekend, so won't be able to do much until they've gone on sunday.
So probably looking at the weekend after as the earliest I could get out and be killed by the bleeding do-gooders.
*submitted my membership/contact details now

Return to “General Chat”