Booking Policy

Here you can read about the latest news and announcements from Heart of Pargon. Only administrators and moderators can start threads here - so this news is official!

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Booking Policy

Postby Will » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:08 pm

Herein lies the Heart of Pargon booking policy for all adventures. These are a guideline, but a strong guide line none the less. Number of adventures played/monstered, distance traveled and other efforts should always be taken into account.

Every adventure MUST have one player ref and one monster ref.
A maximum of 10 players can book onto any one adventure initially (not including the player ref).
Once 4 monsters are booked (not including the monster ref), another two players can book on. Then another two players for every monster after that.

So for example, when 6 monsters are booked, the full 16 players can book. If more monsters book we can consider more people playing than the 16.

If someone books on and does not show up, then the next time they book to play they will be considered last in the list. There is now the option to book yourself off from adventures, up to 24 hours before the event, so no excuses here really! If you monster a session after failing to show then this penalty will be revoked.

If you book to play/monster/ref then you agree to abide by our policies and guidelines, published on the forums and in the Core Rules.

Heart of Pargon and the 'they always play' argument
We are aware that there are some people who absolutely hate monstering. Fair enough. We encourage these people to either make the effort for the odd session here and there OR look to contribute to the club in other ways. We are sympathetic to this issue, and seek to strike a balance. Everyone is rewarded with boons for any contributions they make, and you can be reasonably sure that anyone you feel does not do their fair share is probably contributing in some other way.
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Re: Booking Policy

Postby Will » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:09 pm

This will come into force after this weekend, but I would encourage people to consider trying to make sure this weekend falls within these guidelines as well.
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Sounds very sensible and resonable to me ^^
just out of curiosity do I count as one or 2 monsters due to bulk mass xD
Nyaa seriously sounds good, as people who don't like monstering can still contribute other then getting cut to pieces for a day

I think it's boon hunting time ^^
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Sorry but am being a pain already. I can't play tomorrow as booked as it's a family birthday that I cannot not attend. Wasn't sure how to un-book.

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Saturday:

Players - 7
Colin
Lorraine
Andy C
Chee
Dom T
Kai
Vinnie

Monsters - 6 monsters
Andy H
Alfie
Edmund
Ali
Sonny
Rebecca (maybe booking off)

This number excludes Alice and Stevie, who are writting the adventure (I envisage one as player ref and 1 as monster ref)

This means there are a total available 14 player spaces (assuming Rebecca books off) or 16 if she is monstering.

Sunday:

Players - 12
Andy H
Lorraine
Chee
Rebecca
Alfie
Ben
Dom T
Kai
Ali
Phil P
Edd
Niamh

Monsters - 6 monsters
Andy C
Colin
Sonny
Edmund
Damian
Becky

Will isn't currently booked on :-S but is monster reffing this. This needs a player ref. Currently, with 6 monsters, there is a maximum available party of 16 players.

Regards,

Andrew
............................................................................Image

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Edmund is bringing a horde apparently.... so I think it's safe to say max players for both days.

I do need a player ref though!

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:50 am

Have the monsters ever out numbered players before? ^^
1 on 1 fighting woo
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:57 am

Yes, but not for a very long time. I remember Chris being sent home to get kit for Sir Gorran so there would be enough players to run before...
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:10 pm

"last in the list."
Clarification please - last in the list of people booked to play or last in the list of people wanting to play including those who have not booked at all? I would argue those who have not booked are not 'on the list' - this being a list of people booked to play.

Also there is an arguement that not attending due to illness should be treated differently than can't be bothered or don't feel like it.

I wasn't well enough to monster on Saturday, but felt I may be able to play - keeping at the back, keeping a low profile. When it became clear that wasn't an option I went home and had a lie-in - which actually made me feel a bit better illnesswise. Kit had only booked to play because I had, so without me going there wasn't much point her going either.

Hope everyone has a good time at saga. I hope I won't have to miss any more Hop for health reasons, but if I do - I would prefer a greeting more allong the lines of "Hi Andy, how are you feeling?" than "Andy, You weren't here last time so you can't play this time." Even, "Guys do you mind not playing so people can play who are going on saga." would be much more preferable.

Essentially there are three issues here from my point of view.
1) The clarification requested above.
2) How the rules as stated penalise those who are ill.
It is this reason why we are leaving Hop at this point. We/I may return if things change and become less stressful. We started going to Hop as a stress relief, but it now seems to be very much a contribution to our stress and therefore has to be left for at least a while.
3) The rudeness in the phrasing - although I doubt it was Alfie's idea - I don't want to shoot the messenger.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Will wrote:If someone books on and does not show up, then the next time they book to play they will be considered last in the list. There is now the option to book yourself off from adventures, up to 24 hours before the event, so no excuses here really! If you monster a session after failing to show then this penalty will be revoked.

And how do we differentiate between those who tell us they're ill and those who actually are? I'm fairly confident that we could have been told you weren't going to show the last time even the evening before. I'm not aware of this being the case. Unfortunate yes but if you can suggest a better method of doing this short of making people bring doctors notes, which I'm sure you'll agree is ridiculous, then I'm all ears.

From the way I understand it, I have a feeling it was more a problem with how the message was received rather than the way it was presented. I somehow can't quite imagine Alfie being "rude".

The spirit of the rule is of course that individuals who book and don't show are last on the list of people to play. I didn't make it to site till a bit later but I'm assuming you're implying there were people who didn't book who were allowed to play ahead of you? Aside from that, on this particular adventure, there was certainly an alternative criteria to the adventuring party that it was a Saga lead up. It's just good old common sense that people playing Saga should get first dibs.

AS IT HAPPENS, had you stuck it out and followed our (well intentioned and fair) rules, you would have been able to play, as another monster turned up at site.

Either way: you book and don't show without warning, whatever the reason (we have mobile's and the internet for a reason) that puts you down the list. It's about as fair as one can make it. It gives advantage to people who want to lie but at least think ahead, but at the end of the day, that's the way that helps games run best.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Oh I gave warning.
Colin is an offical ref and he knew I wasn't able to make it in advance. Also, I could barely get out of bed at the time, so using the computer wasn't an option either,

And Alfie was just the mouth-piece, as I said, I don't blame the messenger.

Please clarify the intent of the rule as requested.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:51 pm

As to the saga bit, as I said I wouldn't have minded if that was the reason given.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:53 pm

It is also these arguements that are causing the stress - regardless of the source - Kit and I both need to give hop some space right now. I've only just got back to checking the site again.

Signing out.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 pm

spsblue wrote:Oh I gave warning.
Colin is an offical ref and he knew I wasn't able to make it in advance. Also, I could barely get out of bed at the time, so using the computer wasn't an option either

Really? Was this relayed on the day of said conflict?

As to the saga bit, as I said I wouldn't have minded if that was the reason given

They did say this as far as I'm told.

It is also these arguements that are causing the stress

That you usually cause.

Enjoy the break. Thread locked.

Return to “News and Announcements”