Night of the Nearly Living Dead 2012

Here you can read about the latest news and announcements from Heart of Pargon. Only administrators and moderators can start threads here - so this news is official!

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Night of the Nearly Living Dead 2012

Postby Will » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:29 pm

This will be on Friday the 21st of December this year.

Price right now is £25, December onwards £30, on the gate £35, after for whatever reason £40.

Peter is writing it with Andy H. I am sure they will post here with more details for you!
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Dellam

Re: Night of the Nearly Living Dead 2012

Postby Dellam » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Yay! I do believe this shall be awesome to play
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Will wrote:I am sure they will post here with more details for you!

oh, go on then...

Yes, the time is approaching when, for one night only, the dead can escape the Hopewastes. To do this, they must prove their worth by facing a series of challenges. This year is no different.

well, not too different...

Around a year ago and individual calling himself simply 'Death' appeared in the Hopewastes. He is a Fey lord, and his power appears to have grown exponentially over the last twelve months. Rumours abound of his usurping of Kan Slaar, or of Kan Slaar's weakening. Tales of great beasts, portals to other lands, tricks, traps and all manner of devious Fey dealings are told by the spirits of the Wastes. Word is that this year the way out will be much more tightly controlled; numbers strictly limited; perhaps only one will make it. Kan Slaar is silent on the subject. Has he changed the rules? Has he given up?

There are facts to find, secrets to unearth, stories to be told, discoveries to... be discovered... but above all, there is a way to restore yourself to life, and on this night, it can be done.

the event is open to any and all dead characters (you could even choose to start a character who is dead) of any level, alignment, affiliation, etc. It will, as always be held at the fantastic Chislehurst Caves site, home of the Labyrinthe LRP club. we will need monsters...

there will be little dribblings of insight, clues, background and the odd red herring spread around the IC boards (specifically the Hopewastes forum). If it's on the public forum, your character has probably heard of such events occurring. also, feel free to respond to any of my dribblings!

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:50 pm

So,

Although there's basically one aim for most people on this event, since it's about the only adventure set in the Hopewastes we feel there should be the option for people who want to achieve things there to try to achieve them.

Which means: if you want to do something other than get out, let me or Andy know and we'll work something out so we can respond appropriately on the event.

also,

if you already know, please let me know who you're planning to play (skill, description, motivations etc.) so we can make sure everything's fairly well tailored to those on the adventure. (as though i've not already written it...)
Señor Ref

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Peter Levy wrote:also,

if you already know, please let me know who you're planning to play (skill, description, motivations etc.) so we can make sure everything's fairly well tailored to those on the adventure. (as though i've not already written it...)

I plan to monster. I plan to be the monster that wins.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:06 pm

I'm sure we've had this 'monsters are not here to win' conversation somewhere before. I think it may have been in between handing out lollies ;)

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 pm

RDB wrote:I'm sure we've had this 'monsters are not here to win' conversation somewhere before. I think it may have been in between handing out lollies ;)

Depends on the win condition? I will win if I have a nice time. I don't set my goals particularly high. :)
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Ok then. Ignore all instructions, do what you want and remember to double or even triple your damage calls as you feel like it.

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Once you have decided your character, spend 15-20 minutes to make sure your spend is on the system and all character information is up to date.

If you have any queries, contact Will or I.

Thanks

Andy
............................................................................Image

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Huge thanks to Peter and the monster crew for running a really excellent day. Am struggling to function atm but hey, It's the holidays now :)

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:08 am

Thanks guys. Was an amazing day out. Saw plenty of the floor with what seems like several hundred demons beating me at every turn. Thanks monsters, pete and will :-) I'm sorry Dom. Least you escaped :-)
Erynion - Possessed wood elf - Dead again
Quinn - The jester - Dead
Anthony Landon - How much you paying?
Chase - The hunter - only nice character I seem to have :)

Return to “News and Announcements”