September ADVENTURES 7th/8th

Here you can read about the latest news and announcements from Heart of Pargon. Only administrators and moderators can start threads here - so this news is official!

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

September ADVENTURES 7th/8th

Postby Ben » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Quite simply we cannot find a site for the event we were planning. We've been let down, ignored or simply beaten to it by several sites.

So, we're going to run adventures that weekend with something social on the Saturday night.

Sorry for the inconvenience but really can't be helped.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Peter Levy

Re: September

Postby Peter Levy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:48 pm

do you/becky have adventures in mind, or would you mind awfully if i tried out an idea i've had (already written twice) for a day adventure?

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Do it :) (please and thank you)

Rebecca's heart set on event and I haven't written anything.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:30 pm

so, September.

the weekend event that was being planned isn't going to happen. this is because of lack of site availability, and makes me sad.
so, to remedy this event-less sadness, i am proposing two day adventures:

Saturday: People have dreamed about drawing a card from a deck. they've woken up with the card lying next to them. a fortune teller has answers for them.
Saturday night: Tavern night style affair (dunlarpin pending). Sunday's brief will be delivered at some point during the tavern night.
Sunday: A way to shape the future of Noore I'Meles. Emissaries of the Rodera have invited anyone who is willing to donate something to help guide the rebirth of Noore I'Meles, in exchange for secrets of how to defeat the Soulless.

thresholds up to you... can be tailored to any level/spread.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: September ADVENTURES 7th/8th

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:12 pm

7th and 8th September!

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Started to book up fast, so because the system wouldn't allow myself/Jake to book as players. We put down as monsters and added a note that we'd prefer to play, so that it'd generate some kinda waiting list. Unfortunately the downside of that is that people afterwards were able to book as players.

Annnnnyway, if it gets to the point where people need to be forced/co-erced to monster rather than play, I was just wondering whether we could ensure to get a print out of times of booking, so that we can do this without "leaving the club" drama.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Moved you guys to playing, deleted a couple of bookings without player names and reset counter to allow booking.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:33 am

Stevie wrote:so that we can do this without "leaving the club" drama.

It's a plot to kill you
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:39 pm

"How can you kill that, which has no life?"

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 pm

|
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Honestly, I played first time, and highly advocate that. Other people disagree, and it's possibly because they monstered their first larp. It's difficult, we're all here because we love larp, so we think our way is the best. If you're comfortable with being in the deep end, and feel like you've done reading on the system (which I can see from previous posts you have) then play, otherwise a more chilled approach may be to monster.

We have plenty of spare kit, both in costume and in weapons/shields. The weapons/shields whilst a little torn up from being "group use" are actually still good quality, so if you'd rather use those, please do. I find it much easier to be "in-character" if I look the part too.

In terms of cost (don't quote me on this). I believe new players pay only £5 for their first adventure. So if you were to play both days, you would shell out £15, or you can play one, monster one for £5.

Anyway, other people will chime in quite soon with their replies, but any more questions, feel free to ask em.

Also Will is a smelly bum fart.
Last edited by Stevie on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 pm

|
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:31 am

All Stevie says (in this case) is true.
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:25 am

I really want to play but i've only just got the time off work and there's no player spaces. Is there anyone who will monster for me on one of the days (you'd get to see the amazing Grace/Davrok duo ;) ) and I'll monster for them on the other?
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:10 am

I haven't put myself down yet, hang on :-)

Return to “News and Announcements”