Explanation of booking system

Here you can read about the latest news and announcements from Heart of Pargon. Only administrators and moderators can start threads here - so this news is official!

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Explanation of booking system

Postby Will » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Some people wonder how the system works.

It's not broken!

Basically there are two limits. The first is a set maximum number of players we can place, so initially the September weekend was set to 12 (it's now 16).

The second is a maximum gap between players and monsters, initially 5 (now 8).

So, please make sure you get your names down there as ultimately it's the only way we can be fair about it! It's also important to book to monster to open up spots for players, and don't forget, there are extra bonuses for booking to monster (which I can't remember off the top of my head...).
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Stevie

Re: Explanation of booking system

Postby Stevie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:48 am

The only issue is when... (I'm fudging the numbers to expand my point, but the logic stands.)

Say the limit of players is 8 and you have 2 monster booked. The system won't allow a 9th player until there is another monster.

Johnny McWantstoplay tries to book on tuesday and is unable to. He's a little annoyed but ultimately knows he should be quicker. He still wants to come to larp so he books on to monster. *Then* on Wednesday, Sally McNevermonsters is able to book on and play, putting Johnny at a disadvantage.

What I would suggest (John WW pending) is that we have 3 categories

Player
Player Waiting List/I will Monster if I have to (This won't count to any limits, it will just be an Ad-Hoc title)
Monster

Then in the above scenario, we'd see Johnny book on the waiting list and so would Sally. We'd look at the numbers on the day and Johnny would get to play. Sally would have to monster.

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:57 am

Good idea :-)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:46 pm

The initial issue was that the first day was originally an event and I just repurposed it as an adventure but didn't correct numbers or remove people who were no longer coming as it wasn't an event
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “News and Announcements”