Arriving at Serke Kemi

For IC events and discussions on Serke Kemi

Moderator: Ref

Blue mage

Arriving at Serke Kemi

Postby Blue mage » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Sactus had lead the group of elves through Sinya Palurin to a small coats. It was not anywhere near a dock, but the demon would not give up, and continued walking until it had found a dock with a ship to Serke Kemi. If Sanctus had chosen, he may have flown over to Serke Kemi but he knew he would need the two elves. Sanctus had got on board with relatively no problem and had convinced the captian to allow the others on board with him. There had been some question to the strange human, but a glare from the black and yellow eyes had silenced all who tried him. Through-out the journey, Sanctus had stayed silent to all, and simply stared dreamily at the horizon, his yellow eyes glistened with a gentle light rather than a burning fire for a change. Once the boat docked, Sanctus waited for his companions and left, walking to a small town not too far from the area they were at. Going to an Inn, he used Galatine's money to pay for the rooms they would be staying in for a few days telling Gwaiyn and Drieth to freshen up while they waited and to do as they pleased until his return in about an hour. Leaving again, he wandered into a few shops, buying a few odd things, and donned a robe to suit his tastes for elegance. Leaving once again, he headed towards a forest at the base of a mountain, spreading his wings and flying up to a ledge with about the same space for a small building. Once he landed, he took out a practise wooden sword that he had bought prior and switched with Galatine. The boy woke and looked around at the setting, finding there was no way down without a pair of wings. He tried to use the wings but found he could not.
Where are we and why cant--
Serke Kemi. Im stopping your use of my powers from now on. You have become too dependant upon me as Drass said and I find it awkward too. I took Drieth and Gwaiyn here too, do not worry. You ar ehere to train. Each day from sunrise to sunset, you will practise here and then I will regain control. If you try to commit suicide again I WILL stop you. I chose this place as it suits me too and because you might remember this place.
Galatine's heart fell knowing the news and knew he could not avoid this. Still, he knew what he must do and with a heavy heart resigned himself to the task at hand. He did not know why he would know Serke Kemi, but thought no more of it. Picking up the sword, he lookeed at it with interest.
And your opponent...is you.
The demon voice rang through his mind and as it did, he saw a shadow build up and become more...human in shape. It too, held a wooden blade.
Have no fear, this is just like in that village before. Just an illusion. But if you let up, or dont defend, you WILL feel the pain. This is a test of the soul. When you can face youself, you may regain full control of this body. Now...BEGIN!
The shadow lunged at Galatine, who lunged back at it...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

that_darn_elf

Re: Arriving at Serke Kemi

Postby that_darn_elf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Dreith wanders around the small town. Quiet, and curious.... she has a lot to think about. she doesnt relaly buy anything, she just wanders around exploring the town, before returning to the inn a few hours later.
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:28 pm

I little later, the demon walked back through the town. He walked with an aloof and rather graceful stride, keeping an air of cruelty. He thought about the events so far, keeping in mind that he could be killed here, it was by far the best place to be to him. He was hoping to bind a demon to him but...those that he knew in the area were not strong enough in his mind and thiose that were were too strong for him currently. An annoyance, but it felt good to be in a land full of his own kind for a change. He snapped out of his thoughts when something rubbed against his leg. Looking down, he saw a kitten and was reminded of Haze...suprisingly, he didnt feel like killing the animal out of distaste. Galatine must be rubbing off upon him, damn him. He bent down to the kitten and petted it in the twilight.
Where do you come from little one? He felt slightly strange asking a kitten something, but let it pass when the animal nuzzled his fingers. When it nipped his fingers, he picked it up and carried it with him. Reaching the inn he sat down with the elves.
We will not be staying long...things are getting better...I suggest you take this time to rest and relax for now. We should not be here for much longer than a few more days...if that. I believe we would all like to be leaving this place soon...please be patient...I am still teaching the fool a lesson.
To show some hospitality, Sactus ordered them all drinks. He was actually becoming bored...still, he thought about what he would do next, whilst petting the kitten, a dreamy look and flickering light shone in his yellow eyes.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:20 pm

After a second day, Sanctus returned again, a blank expression on his his face as normal. WHen he returned to Drieth he told her: He's ready to face you all again. and with that, he changed, letting his physical appearance change to the old appearance of Galatine. Galatine looked around at his current position and seeing Drieth, bowed his head in shame. Not looking at her he simply said: Im sorry.... He was ready to come bach perhaps...but the shame would take time to overcome. All that had happened so far was his fualt and he would have to pay for that. But he still didnt know what it meant to be in a place so far away from the rest of the world. Why had Sanctus chosen this place? Why not find some place in Sinya Palurin? He would never understand this demon...

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Dreith looks up from where she had been dozing and scribbling on some paper, practicing what Galatine had shown her before.

You have nothing to apologise for, though I am curious as to why you wished to end your existance - human life is after all breif enough anyway. And ... I would rather you didnt choose such a manner to leave the world anyway. Anyway, why did we come here? Any idea why sanctus chose this place?

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Galatine noted her scribbes and writting atempts. As expected for an elf, she had written very well, with few mistakes. He smiled inwardly and answered:
That is why I am apologising. I felt weaker that time and that crushed me into believing "whats the point?" I thought I was no longer...useful...which must be the most painful thing I can imagine...Our lives are short but knowing my kind are led by such a cruekl leader... He shivered ...I cant imagine why anyone would want to accept being human after this... He dropped his eyes to the ground again adn went on:
I dont know. And Sanctus will never give me a straight answer. I assume he came here out of habit as his own kind are around here. Knowing him he wanted to get some to become his legion but founf that he could not. It may also be out of wander lust from either him or I. Possably both...
He trailed off again feeling a fuzzy feeling on his lap and saw a kitten.
I thought he left...
Galatine petted the kitten and smiled happily. He liked cats...

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:19 pm

Who's that? Dreith notes the kitten. Nothing like Haze, however. She wonders if Galatine has the kitten as a pet, for dinner, or to skin later. It certainly looks plump enough for a stew, but judging by Galatines fussing of it, maybe it isnt a good idea to suggest this. Anyway the food at the inn is good.
Yes, the human leader, he is certainly not to be trusted. But remember this; you are you, not your race, clan, or anything else. By the way, is the kitten your new pet?

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Galatine smiles at his friends words. The feeling from earlier felt so stupid now. After all...did Drieth not find him to be of use? Theere were people who needed his presence, even if they did not like to say it. He looked at the kitten.
I think Sanctus must have found him. I guess he likes cats? I guess he adopted a pet...of sorts... The kitten purred in his lap and curled up.
I like cats...natural born killers...Although the cat you hang around with doesn't seem to be...
Come to think of it, what did he do to you two? He spoke a little more worriedly: He didnt hurt you did he?

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:06 am

Not at all. Dreith assures Galatine He was quite civil in fact, just... a little disconcerting, as I suppose any demon can be. She looks at the cat again. Definitly a pet. It s clear Galatine/ Sanctus wont skin it or cook it. And not a slave either. Too mollycoddled. Though it could be, when it grew up, for catching mice. She grins to herself. Why didnt she sell cats as slaves, for catching mice? The whole idea is vaguely ridiculous, and she dismisses it again.
Whats its name?

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:33 pm

You were civil?
I simply did not find a reason to kill them. It was more helpful if they were alive if I ran into trouble.
His face turned curious at her grin.
I dont know...Im not sure I can keep an animal. And I think it would irritate Haze to no end if we ran into her again... The kitten streched and rubbed against them both before falling asleep on the ground.
I'll call it Akuma for now.
He smiled lightly then got up.
Im going to have to look for a way to get back to Sinya Palurin. It was my fault we got here anyway...It should not be a great problem.
With that said, he bowed and ran down to the harbors to find a ship going to anywhere near their "home".

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:28 am

Dreith nods, and settles back in her chair, watching the kitten curled up by Galatines chair. She yawns and goes back to writing practice.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:55 pm

Galatine teturned a few hours later looking a bit worn out. He collapsed on the ground in a way similar to the time Drieth had found him in the forest.
Next ship...is just before...sunset... He panted the words out.
Akuma woke up and yawned before nudging the warrior in hopes of food.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Alright Dreith stands up, looking towards the bar. I'll get supper, you ... or Akuma... want any?

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Galatine smiled lightly.
Since when did I last eat?
Actually, Im unsure as to how your still able to move after I was possessing you so long.
Alright, I'll eat anything... The cat mewed at the two.
And something meaty.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:15 pm

Dreith trots over to the bar, and orders up food. After a while it arrives. Roast meat, two normal size plates for Dreith and galatine, and a small plate of meat scraps for the kitten.

So what do we need to do back in Sinya Palurin? Dreith starts wolfing down her plateful.

Return to “Serke Kemi”