Hunting a demon

For IC events and discussions on Serke Kemi

Moderator: Ref

Blue mage

Hunting a demon

Postby Blue mage » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:01 pm

Galatine walked through the forest, making sure not to stary too far from his friends in case danger came along. He was confident in his skills but it was important to make sure to have a plan behind a plan and even another behind that. And as he knew demons were dangerous, he yhad planned out what to do already. It wouldnt take long in the night to find one in a land full of monsters. But attracting one could be a problem...but he ahd prepared for this too. Taking his tanto, he made small cuts over his body. They were not deep or fatal but the blood flowed freely over the skin. Every so often once enough blood had gathered, he rubbed against a tree or let the red liquid cover some earth. He hoped that something would pick up the scent in the winds. Lickin the cuts to clean them and help the heal up, he sat down in the centre of the area, occasionally licking his arm to close the wounds. He had done something else as well. The cuts were done to bleed freely so that he feigned weakness, looking weaker than at the full strength he was. Careful not to drop his gaurd, he tapped into his hieghtened senses, feeling everything around him that was supernatural or powered with essence. Due to the land itself, he felt like he was staring into the void. Something nagged in his mind however, as though something was going to happen. Every muscle in his body was alert. His naginata was before him, and his daisho in his belt. He sat there in a kneeling position, ready to pounce.
Like a tiger trying to avoid stepping on the flowers. I hope you are prepared...I dont feel like dying right now.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Plot Bot

Re: Hunting a demon

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:47 pm

Hours pass, with nothing more than the common noises of the local wildlife. The wind picks up, sending the tree tops swaying and the leaves on the floor to cartwheel across the ground around Galatine.

After what feels like an age, noises can be heard over the sound of the rustling leaves. Footsteps and voices.

From out of the foliage a small group of Serkanians emerge, dressed and tattoed in the manner of the Shaded Blade. They are obviously patrolling the area.

"Hai! Who are you? And what are you doing so far from the Stronghold?"

The speaker gestures to two of his men who step fowards and around Galatine in a none threatening manner obviously looking for something. They return to the group and one speaks to the leader saying,

"No visible clan markings sir, nor the triangle."

The leader nods an acnowledgment keeping his attention on the kneeling figure.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:58 pm

Galatine looked up at the Serke kemians and smiled in a warm and friendly manner. He remained kneeling and bowed remaining in this postion as he spoke.
Goodmorning. Sorry to startle you, I am not wearing my clan markings over my clothes currently. he kneeled up right and showed his Larkant tabbard to the Shaded blades to prove his claim, then smiled up at the leader.
I am Galatine. I am a warrior studying all forms of martial and non martial arts to keep to the path of a true warrior. I came to this land to train and study the styles here to further improve this. You look similar to a friend of mine called Raz...I supose you are Shaded Blades? One of you mentioned a triangle...is this important or a threat?
His eyes were curious and held no malicious intent towards the men, his Naginata was in front of him and his hands away from his daisho.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:04 pm

The leader looks at the tabard briefly but with no real sign of recognition, before nodding.

"So your an Outlander? That would explain the lack of clan tattoos."

He pauses briefly to note Galatine's superficial wounds.

"But what exactly were you attempting to do out here away from the safety of the stronghold. For someone training in martial arts alone in the woods you have managed to loose an awful lot."

This brings a small chuckle from a couple of the other Shaded Blades. But the man continues in a matter of fact tone, neither threatening nor joking, simply stating what even a child Serkanian would know.

"To answer your questions though, yes we are Shaded Blades, though the name Raz is not that uncommon in these lands. I myself am Raz Akamata so without your friends full name it means little to me. The triangle is a mark of the shamed, those who turned to Triundune. My men were not making threats, simply an observation. Had you born the mark proudly we would not be talking now and there would be no need for threats."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:38 pm

The boy grinned at the warriors when they mentioned his closed wounds and their laughter.
Im not just a warrior. Im a swordsman and a demon hunter. I was hoping to attrac one here to test the types of demons found in your lands, but obviously, nothing has happened. He smiled warmly at the leader and went on:
Sorry, i dont know much about naming...my name was given to me at an odd time as it is so I dont care much for it. And, if I had had this triangle on me, would I be dead now?
He stared at the blades with a gentle face, but eyes that were peicing as much as they were warm.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:12 pm

The leaders raises an eyebrow as he hears of the young man's intentions.

"Well you are either uninformed or touched by madness Outlander. There are no demons this side of the mountains at present. The mountains are still harsh enough for any that cross it to be weakened, even without the protections of the Kami, and any that make it are quickly dispatched by our patrols. There has been much infighting since Triundune was sundered but they are still strong in number in the wastes if the Silent Blades reports are to be believed. They do not travel alone but in large packs, so to fight one you must fight many. It is not a place for one man unless it is that mans time to sheath his sword."

The Leader shakes his head slightly at the question of the tattoo

"Not dead necessarily. Not all the shamed still follow Triundune. Indeed, one has even managed to regain his honour to the point that he was one more permitted to bear his clan tattoo unmarred."

But we waste time talking when we should be on the move. You have my permission to join us until we get back to Serke Sanctum, now that you know your time out here would be wasted.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:37 pm

The boy took in everything that was said with detail and understanding.
I was never informed of where any demons would be in, so I had really hoped for the best. As such, Im not really disappointed, but thank you very much for your information. As for being in packs, it is not unusual for creatures to do so, but I have only encountered them alone thus far. I am of course, confident enough to either defeat or escape them if need be in such a time.
After listening to the tattoo's purpose the warrior nodded understandingly.
I know similar things. I have seen outcasts and other marks to show them as something else among others. The last I can think of was in a possesed named the plains walker, but he died of his own accord. A shame really, he was quite interesting... He signed and nodded at the prospect of following the group, hoping to leanr something from them.
I would do so happily, but i must find my way back to my companions soon after. They will be fine for now, I have great faith in them, as such, it wont inconviniance them.
Getting up, he picked up his naginata and checked his equipment quickly.
Please lead the way.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:40 am

Raz Akamata spits on the ground at the mention of possessed.

"Tainted wretches. They are not permitted in these lands. Sooner or later the demon within always corrupts them in some way and that never bodes well for the people of Serke Kemi. Those who do not have the decency to cleanse themselves by sheathing their sword in the wastelands are made to do so. We will not permit having one we know as possessed within our lands. Indeed that has become one of the Silent Blades duties, to watch and report on not only the demons and cultists, but our own people as well."

Once Galatine was on his feet the group set off again, moving easily at just faster than a walking pace.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:14 am

Galatine noted the hatred towards such beings with understanding. He also set off at the pace, matching their speed.
I dare you to tell them about me. Like a death match version of tag!
Are you insane? We would be out matched in an instant. And even if i gto away, I dont want to become an outlaw.
Deciding to ask about the warriors he spoke up:
So what exactly is your job as of right now?

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:37 am

"We patrol the area, to finish of any demons that do wander over the mountains, didn't you listen Outlander. With the Furious Blades gone we Shaded Blade are the main fighting force of the Serkanians. The Silent Blades do most of the guarding of the boarder now. If the demons come over the Mountains in force we would need a lot more than a patrol to stop it, and the Watchers in the Silent Blades will spot and report any movement of demons much faster than us. For now though our patrol is heading back to Serke Sanctum, we've finished our shift."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:47 am

Galatine nodded.
You didnt mention they moved over the mountains. Sorry.
He continued to follow from then on in silence, keeping his eye and senses out for anything around them to be safe.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:01 am

"As I said Outlander, you weren't listening. But it is okay, we don't expect all outlanders like yourself to know everything about our land, just as we care little of your land for the most part. We have our duty and that is enough for us. Provided they do not detain us from that duty outlanders are tolerated."

The group continue to move steadily and soon the buildings of Serke Sanctum come into view before them.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:06 am

Galatine nodded in thanks for their tolerance.
Even I paid attention!
Only because you wanted to tell if they were going to kill us both.
Id kill all of you if I could...

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:13 am

The group speed their pace slightly, moving at a jog, and are soon entering the settlement. At a word from the leader the men disperse, some heading towards training grounds, others towards homes. As they leave he turns to Galatine.

"Well Outsider, I suggest you go find your friends now. I don't want to see you wandering the lands beyond these walls alone again though."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:23 am

Galatine nodded and bowed.
Thank you for the information. I'll try to avoid going on my own.
he sighed.
by the way...is there anywhere I can go to learn any particular arts or styles here?
His face was serious and almost urgent.

Return to “Serke Kemi”