Tanuki family home, Kousen domain.

For IC events and discussions on Serke Kemi

Moderator: Ref

Blue mage

Tanuki family home, Kousen domain.

Postby Blue mage » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:34 pm

The house of Tanuki had ben restless with the events within, let alone those outside of it.
The old master had long since died and all duties had been taken up by the master's wife (though this had been greatly frowned upon, she had pulled through, waiting until her son was old enough to take charge) who had vanished, mysteriously. Not only this but the heir to the house had vanished to the mainlands to explore leaving no note on when he would return. The servants were worried. The lord of Kousen might require the Tanuki family at any moment, especially so with the lack of food, and they had no-one who could answer to the request. However, to save some face, they remained going about their daily tasks.
One night, as most of the servants slept, a young figure entered over a wall, sneaking past any guards and quietly opening and closing the sliding doors behind him. Within the room that he had entered, Genji lit some incense sticks and bowed in prayer to the Gods Ying and Yang for his father's soul. Reciting a sutra his mother had forcibly taught him, he remained bowed before his father's shrine for some time. There was much to do, and he should pray to his father for his strength. His father's first katana, Yang, remained at the back of his kimono, out of the way of his fists and feet. However, he had no idea where Ying had gone...the shrine was missing it. He only assumed that the sword was beeing polished by a sevant somewhere...
Last edited by Blue mage on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Blue mage

Re: Tanuki family home, Kousen domain.

Postby Blue mage » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Having spent sufficient time at his father's shrine, Genji stood up. He looked about carefully, just in case he was being watched and bowed once more to his father, and to the Gods Ying and Yang before quietly opening the doors and closing them behind him. Tip-toe-ing along the house, he located his own room, and entered. Inside, it looked very much same as it always had, scrolls of various kata or sword play and hand to hand combat lying about, a pair of ornamental blades on a rack in the wall, a suit of armour that had belonged to his father...everything in its place. Genji was looking for something in particular however, and spent a good amount of time searching his room for what he searched for. Checking the inside of his father's armour, he pulled out a small scroll and looked it over. No mistaking it, this was the one he wanted. The Tanuki style hand to hand combat techniques written by his mother. Smiling to himself, the young master snuck out of his room, and under the brilliance of the moon, crept away again.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 pm

A humble servant approaches the brave warrior with his head low, eyes never looking at anything except the floor. Some 2 paces from Genji, he stops and kneels, places his hands palm down on the floor and presses his face into the ground. The servant seems to be the perfect distance away for Genji to draw his sword and remove his head.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:40 pm

Genji jumps in suprise at the servants approach and whips around, noting the servant. He had hoped to avoid personal contact, but it seemed unavoidable in the end. He crouched down to the man's level and whispered:
"Sir, why are you bowing so humbly? What is the matter?"
He had hoped his simpler look, raggedy clothes, light armour and raggedy hair could give him some sort of disguise while he was here...evidently not.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 pm

(OOC: Did I miss you giving a description regarding what you where wearing? lol)

The eta does not move as he speaks.

"Lord Genji-sama. You are all distinctive to you subjects. 3 days past I went to polish your fathers sword and it was gone. I do not know where. I offer my head in shame, my lord."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:01 pm

Genji looks astounded at the servant's actions. His eyes narrow in thought and he lightly touches the man's shoulder.
Do not be afraid. I see no reason to take your head yet. One of the swords was in my possesion at the time anyway, and I admit I took it without thinking. It might have been a good move seeing as the other sword is missing.
He pats the hilt of the blade at his back.
If you really want to die to replace the blade's loss, then find a good knife and I will be your second. However, I do not se eit as a complete loss...I just need to go out and find it.
He nods, reassuringly.

((OOC: no, it was just roleplay, and genji does look scruffy anway))

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:11 pm

My Lord, I am eta. We do not deserve the honour of committing seppuku. We have no honour to be redeemed in death

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:15 pm

Genji nods again, simply. He sighs and sratches the back of his head, thoughtfully.
Very well...Just let me know...your name. I should at least let anyone close to you know that you passed on.
He seems to be rather upset about having to execute a servant, but Genji seems resolved to comply to the man's wishes, praying he is doing the right thing, and hoping to do all he can to let the man have some peace of soul.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Having given time for an answer, genji bows, respectfully and places a ghand on the man's shoulder, not unkindly.
I am truely sad to lose you. May you find peace in the next life, all is forgiven by your courage.
He took a step back, pulling the Yang katana from the back of his sash, Genji held the blade in a reverse grip, typical of his fighting style, and in one clean cut, brought the blade down along the servant's neck.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:06 pm

The deed done, Genji lays the servants body to rest, in a peaceful manner to keep the soul of the man from becoming angered and perhaps becoming a youkai, and returns inside breifly to wipe his sword clean of blood, before sheathing it once more at his back. Returning outside, he bows to the dead man, praying for him to be granted a new life by the God's and to escape Jigoku's grip, wishing the man not to feel guilt at the loss of the family blade nor at anything that may bind his soul to the lands. He stayed and reflected for a while, upon what had transpired that night, reflecting upon Bushido and the lives of the people within the house. He hoped that the servant escaped the grasp of the God of Death, Jigoku, and that he would not fall prey to the hands of the strange elf that had risen to Godhood and become a dark entity himself. The young man then rose at the light of day, and left the home as its residents began to wake, at the sound of the harsh cry of the heron.

Return to “Serke Kemi”