What came after the dustruction

For IC events and discussions on Serke Kemi

Moderator: Ref

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Re: What came after the dustruction

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Mirya listens to the words of the noble and considers for a moment; the idea of peace, something she has seldom known, and right now feels a thousand miles from, sounds very welcome. She looks down at the sword she carries however and knows that such gentleness is not what she wants or needs now. Peace may come later, but now she wants to focus and use the feelings she has to keep her strong until she has done what she must.

Accordingly she bows deeply to Uragiri, "I thank you most gratefully, Uragiri-sama, but I must decline your most kind and gracious offer. Perhaps one day I may have the good fortune to meet you again when I am ready for enlightenment, should you be still willing to bestow it upon my unworthy self at that time"

She then bows deeply again, her expression one of polite regret, and moves backwards away.

*Mirya*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:58 pm

He nods courteously

This offer doesnt come around every day. Are you sure you dont wish enlightenment and inner peace?
............................................................................Image

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Geni, obediently, stays close to Miyra, steping a bit infornt of her to offer her some protection.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 pm

"Inner Peace is not for me at this time, Uragiri-sama, but once again I thank you most humbly for your gracious offer." Mirya is slightly puzzled when Genji steps in front of her, but she knows he must have a reason to do so. Wondering if Genji has noticed something she hasn't about this stranger, or if he is simply taking his protection of her exceptionally seriously, she steps slightly back and murmurs under her breath, as quietly as she can so only Genji will hear her "thank you."

*Mirya*

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:11 pm

So be it

The man turns to Doki

Are you ready now or is it your other self who requires peace
............................................................................Image

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Genji blinks in a curious manner when she whispers this, adding back: What for?

He remains watching the stranger, with no malicious intent. He seems curious in some ways, but with the sense of...something...hidden behind his watching eyes.

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:28 pm

**Doki looked over at Uragiri.**

"It is Shuuya who needs this peace of mind. I know what I have done to him, and what I will do to many more. I am at peace with myself and Lung Wang."

**With that, Doki Rinsei sheaths himself, and Shuuya returns to the group. He does not look at the others, merely bowing his head infront of Uragiri.**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Mirya inwardly curses herself for speaking of such private matters that were only Doki-Shuuya's concern, in front of a stranger. Either the stranger had exceptionally good hearing, or she had spoken louder than she had intended or realised.

*Mirya*

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:52 pm

The man places his hand on Shuuya's shoulder, closes his eyes and begins to pray.

Brother, clear your mind and empty your thoughts.

I feel the dark energy running through your very soul.

Breathe slowly and deeply.

Let the light of the heavens watch over you and cleanse this taint from you.

As Shuuya begins to breathe deeply and become calm the man chants

Mighty Celestial Dragon’s who have guided my path, show this one the way as you have shown me. Let him be blessed and enlightened. Let this taint trouble him no more

A faint resonance of power could be felt by all around and as both the figure and the eta opened their eyes, their pupils had turned white.

Shuuya suddenly becomes very calm, as if the dark power that controlled has vanished, for now...

How do you feel brother? The dark power of that sword is strong, this enlightenment may only last until the turn of the year

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 am

**Shuuya's breathing is slow. After a few seconds he searches inside himself and find the dark taint lifted from him. His face breaks into a true smile, and he collapses to his knees in a deep bow to Uragiri.**

"Arigatou gozaimasu, Uragiri-sama, I can feel the taint has lifted!"

**He spins back to Myria and Genji, joy filling him, until he remembers what he had said under the blade's influences. His face plummets into a look of horror and shame and he once again falls to his knees and places his for-head on the dirt. He does not move as he speaks.**

"Moushiwake arimasen, Myria-ko. I...I did not...what was said, should not have been. Please, have your Yojimbo take my head for the offence I caused you."

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:27 am

"No!" Mirya says sharply, "Enough people have died already because of that accursed sword!"

She takes a deep breath, thinking quickly. "Shuuya-san, if you truly want to die, then you know I cannot deny you, but I know you to be a brave man, and without the taint of that blade, a good one. If you truly feel remorse at what happened, and what was said, then listen to me now. You know what has happened and you know that but for Genji-yojimbo and yourself, I am alone. As the brave and good man I know you are inside, I ask you to stay with me, and to help me in my tasks. If you wish to make up for your offence as you say, then I would rather have your help than your head. To live and to stay at my side will I feel be no easy task, as I have much to do and expect it will be difficult. I have a Yojimbo, it is true, but Genji-yojimbo must rest some time" said with a sidelong glance and half-smile at Genji.

"If you cannot bear to live any longer then I will not dishonour your wish, but I offer you this as an alternative. Promise me you will be faithful to me and will help me however you can for some period of time, perhaps one year; call it penance if you feel better by doing so. You have said your life is not your own; I want you to have your life, I do not want to rob you of it. Therefore, Lend me your aid for a time, then your honour is made good and your life yours, not lost. Do not mistake me, I have no wish to make you into some kind of servant; I ask for a companion and helper. I offer you the role of penitent, in preference to that of corpse."

She pauses for a moment. If you accept, then please stand up, Shuuya-san."

*Mirya*

(OOC: What is the meaning/translation of the first part of what you said to Mirya please, and what is the significance of -ko?)

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:11 am

**Shuuya sits back on his haunches and he listens to what Myria has to say. As he finishes he inclines his head, but does not stand.**

"Forgive me Myria-ko, but Doki's work is assigned to me, and I cannot pledge my service to another. I see to your logic, I should not be so hastey to offer my life. I just...did not know how else to appease you - in my life, if my lord wanted me dead, then he could have willed it. As a pesant I have no honour, so my life was all I could offer. I will however, should you permit me, aid you in all I can, Doki agrees that he wishes to see you safe."

**He remains kneeling, waiting for her response.**

((Moushiwake arimasen is the most formal way of apologising. The 'ko' suffex is used to address a female above your station.))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:43 am

Mirya nods at Shuuya's speech, almost ready to burst with reflief. She had known that what Shuuya could or might choose to do was not necessarily what Doki could or would, but at least Shuuya had thought better of his expressed wish to die. She was glad at that moment that Doki was present, sure that it was the moment of internal reflection and probably conversation between the two people in one body, and not her desperate idea, that had stopped another death from the curse of the sword.

"My offer was sincerely meant, Shuuya-san, but I knew that Doki-kami was likely to have other ideas and that his claim would come first, before anything I might offer. I was just not quite sure how to address that, feeling sure that he no more wished you dead than I did. I am glad that you have a purpose and I will welcome your company for as long as you are both willing to remain with me." She pauses for a moment, not sure she is expressing herself well, but uncertain how to make what she is trying to say clear. The etiquette when dealing with a person who was also a Kami is more than a little difficult. "Shuuya-san, you know why I carry this sword; I wish now to return it to the people it belongs to. Are you able to accompany me?"

*Mirya*

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 am

When Shuuya offered his head, Genji made the slightest inclination towards his sword. This manifested only as his hand slipping back slightly to the Ying blade at his back. When Miyra spoke, he stayed his hand, placing it casually back again.

He realised that the typical pride fot ehw arrior class was slipping into his current persona, something that made him indeed treat Shuuya as lesser. The problem was that Shuuya (as far as Genji could see) was part demon, part Kami. His problems were probably maddening. Genji understood his suffering to some point, but knew that such an outburst was one he would not forgive.

He listened, interested obviously, to Miyra's proposal to Shuuya, for him to accompany her as a sort of protector, much like a second yojimbo. This amde sense. Shuuya was very powerful, with the combination of both swords, and much more of an asset than Genji in his current state. Especially when the illness swept in.

A question comes to me, the malicious blade, what are its origins? Who weilded it before you Shuuya? And, if I might ask you, Oyabun*... he nodded to Miyra, What is the story of the sword you carry? I recall you never weilding a blade in the past...

He kept his eyes lowered, slightly inclined towards Miyra.

((*Oyabun= A term that basically means "boss". Generally used by Yakuza gangster's, its a very high ranked term. Genji here uses it in a sort of slang. If he had an accent, it would be rather strong when saying this word, I suppose.))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Mirya smiles at Genji's use of 'Oyabun' to describe her, but her expression changes at once to one of sorrow and pain as she hears his question about the sword. She touches the blade, running her fingers lightly over the symbol that seemed to have appeared by some kind of magic "That is a long tale, perhaps we might discuss as we walk, unless you intend to seek a blessing?"

*Mirya*

Return to “Serke Kemi”