OOC: After the Last Adventure

For IC events and discussions on Serke Kemi

Moderator: Ref

Hatsuo1980

Re: OOC: After the Last Adventure

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:06 pm

I can't see any serkanian being casual about a summons from the Emperor himself.

Sorry, isn't that a reason by your own words?

There are 3 days to talk about it on the boards or there is opportunity to have discussions the 2 hours we normally spend getting ready before the adventure, etc, etc. I am sure it can be resolved.
............................................................................Image

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 pm

My two penny's on forum role play....

To try and apply forum time to LARP time would be silly. A thread that might take a day to write might actually have happened over the space of a few minutes in LARP. A single post could be made to stretch days. A week long thread in real time might represent a few moments in game...

As such... we really don't impose any restrictions on time interaction with forums and LARP EXCEPT possibly the following:

- RP on the forums which very clearly places you an infeasible distance from one location to the next (so RP clearly placing you in Gweria when the next day's adventure is on Serke Kemi)
- RP where your character zips from one place to the next with no consideration of time (so one hour the character is posting on Gweria then the next in Noore I Meles)
- Characters existing in multiple place at the same time. Just no

I don't pretend to understand what the IC angst and reasons for not doing this or that are, but if it's someone's roleplay to not get involved, or there hasn't been an IC resolution then... well... that's just that... I have found that one has to be flexible with one's characters decisions, because as much as we'd like to be completely true to our characters, for the sake of the game running smoothly, we can't do that. I don't party kill as an evil character (if avoidable) because that would make the game un runnable. I turn up on adventures I really have no business being on otherwise the adventure wouldn't get players. I figure out froopy ways of getting around roleplaying with characters I would usually kill on sight because otherwise the game gets rubbish for either me or the other person...

So yeah... that's how I feel :)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Completely agree with Andy here... No matter how upset your character is, she has just been invited by the emperor himself to attend a tea ceremony, no matter how upset she is would she really say no?

Also even if you guys dont get a chance to resolve this on the forums you will have plenty of time to do so in person before the adventure starts or even at the start of the adventure.

We are trying to make this campaign as enjoyable and believable as possible for all of the players, I know the forum/game time can be very confusing sometimes but we will try to make it clearer for you in the future.
I really want you to come an keep playing you character because she is awesome, as are you, but if you really feel that strongly about it then we cant make you play.

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Ceinwen wrote:Well.. the ritual of transportation was for them to keep
to take them to where ever they wanted and then back again when needed.

Its something we decided to put in to allow players if they really wanted too, to play there chars on other adventures, not just the ones from our campaign.

Which is fine, and being able to play said character elsewhere, good. However I did not have any real idea of what happened in that last bit, the last I knew we were supposed to be trying to decpiher the ritual, but nothing was done or posted iC, so I didn't have a clue what was being done about it.

Ceinwen wrote:No one would of told you to move it on because its good roleplay, like i just said in my above post, it doesnt matter that the time scale of the boards is inaccurate, its fine you are not expected to type up 2 months of your life. We are all happy to assume you didnt just sit on a rock for 2 months and instead got on with your life, it doesnt all have to be posted on the boards.

I appreciate the compliment, :) but would've liked to KNOW that we had to move two months forward in time, so I could resolve the situation that as of now, 3 characters are stuck in. I do get what you say about not typing everything your character does, I wasn't planning to do so, but the immediate aftermath of that adventure was not something that could be ignored, for me anyway. . I'd guess that given 2 months before an arranged meeting, Mirya would go back to Gokoku and take the sword back to the First Family. That however does seem a trivial way to deal with something significant, and as painful a scenario as it would be, because I now don't have time to do it properly; 3 days just won't be enough. My problem is that I haven't had the OC time to sort any of the IC issues out in a way that is IC feasible, because no one told me I needed to.
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 pm

And we wasn't aware that you wasn't aware until tonight.

I am sure it is achievable as either myself and Ceinwen are normally online and could arrange phone calls so it could happen a degree quicker if it is required. I am sure Edmund or Ed would be flexible in resolving the matter of why you would go to see the Emperor also, we are all nice and adaptable people :-)
............................................................................Image

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Once again on catch-up with read/post (rescuing burnt dinner from oven :shock: ) Re. the emperor, he HASN'T invited Mirya, he's invited the group. If I have no reason to be with the group, then I have no reason to be part of the tea party. :( I'm not trying to say I don't want to play, just that I can't do so without finding a way to resolve the problems first. @Will, I do get your point about flexibility, but this isn't exactly an easy issue to resolve. A party member killed my character's Fiance. @ writers, I'm not OC narked, because tragic things happen, heck, I've done bad things as an RP dm to others, and even my own NPC characters for the sake of good plot/RP, so I'm not trying to be awkward. I want this resolved, but I'm a loss to see how to do so. It would be APPALLING RP to act as if Mirya was fine about it; I'd be forced to disown myself! :? The 'going to see the Emperor' is not reason for her to join a group with the above-mentioned person in it, because as I said before, if she's not part of the group, she is not invited anyway. I'm guessing you think she should WANT to see the Emperor, and thus be willing to put up in order to do so, but she's scared out of her wits at that idea. :shock: Problem is that if she wanted to be with the group, she could face the Emperor, and if she wanted to see the Emperor, she could bear to be in the group for that time, but it's not the case. :(

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:57 pm

It wasnt a group invite, it was an invite to each person there for their help in fixing the problem of that day

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Once again, that wasn't the impression I got. :? Well anyway, trying to salvage now, :| so please could you let me know how long it would take Mirya to travel from the particular bit of scary wilderness we were in to Gokoku, so that I can do that? Knowing how long that will take, and also the potential journey from Gokoku to where the Emperor can be found would be useful. That way I can work out a schedule of where she could be during those two months and also whether she would have the time to do anything else she might wish to.

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Just to add to Will's post really, at DnD (not a perfect comparison but we play regularly) we like to call it

'crowbarring'

Whenever you get sick of a character I find it's always amazing how another strong adventurer always seems to be in the Tavern :P

I know this is different and there are IC reasons etc. But it's not hard to want to keep an eye on your Fiance's murderer, get revenge, learn to forgive him. I dunno, crowbar fit it, yeah it's a bit flangey and dodgy, but no-one minds. No point in sticking to a character if you can't play them :P I know there is the boards but it's no substitute for the real thing, otherwise (and I do) everyone would stick with tabletop games etc.

Oh btw, I love DnD, not sure if I mentioned it enough in this post. But for those wondering. Yeah it's awesome.

p.s DnD is ace.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I would imagine no more than a day or 2 to get to Gokoku and then no more than 4-5 days to travel to see the Emperor.

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Luke wrote:
p.s DnD is ace.

Of course it is! Sadly, round here there are no local games for me to join since the last group of players imploded, so I haven't played DnD for over a year :(

As to flanging, thanx and I really do appreciate it. Thing is, as I've already said, there's flanging (which as a DnD player AND DM, I've done many times! :D ) and there's just not gonna happen. :( Keeping an eye on him would just mean she was reminded of it every day. Revenge - how? Been over this one already. Female and magic-user is not a combination that gives any recourse to justice and even if I tried myself, Serkanians have magic resistance, so spells wouldn't work and I can't fight, IC or OC. That means relying on someone else's assistance and as the group buggered off and abandoned Mirya in the middle of the wilderness, no help there. Working on a possibility, but depends on RP up to the day. Forgiveness? Why forgive someone who has not shown the least remorse for what he did? It'd be an insult to Kanji's memory. Anyway, I can play her elsewhere, there's a whole mainland out there.

Like I said, I do appreciate it that you're trying to help, :) so thanx again

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Just out of interest now, as im not going to play a crappy Yojimbo who turns up then decides "actually, I want to go adventuring" when he just recently swore loyalty to Miyra, if I want to play a new character (which yes, I already have genned as Andy knows), then would I have time to slot him in or not?
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Most people just turn up on adventures for their first time anyway so i doubt it would matter as long as you have a reason to be there

Also, I don't think its clear cut that Mira wont be there yet so wait and see :D

Return to “Serke Kemi”