The Village of Koi

For IC events and discussions on Serke Kemi

Moderator: Ref

Edd

The Village of Koi

Postby Edd » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:41 pm

**The Master turns to his companions as they walk away from the house of the poor, unsuspecting and certainly surprised villager.**

"Right my friends, I think we should head towards..."

**He shudders as he talks, the magical blade flying into his hand.**

"Kaihen, Ji Shikensu!"

**The golden form of Doki Rinsei appears and he turns to his allies.**

"My friends, Lung Wang calls me...I must leave this place. I...I...I wish you luck in your endeavors, I am sorry I cannot stay...the heavens need my aid."

**He bows to his friends, a golden light flowing from him, and he rises into the sky, slowly, before turning into a blade of light, and speeding towards the heavens, slicing the air as he flies.**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Blue mage

Re: The Village of Koi

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:45 pm

*About the same time as this, Genji and Miyra start to come round...*

Genji didnt remember much right away as consciousness returned. His first thoughts were of confusion to the cold he felt, and the feeling that me might have died once again.
Dying hadnt been so bad anyway. He couldnt remember the details, but he remembered the figure of his father, back faced to him, staring into a beautiful garden. It was a consolation, to some degree.
As Genji began to stir, his senses sparked to life and he remembered what had happened, and shot up, wide awake.
The emperor had died, they had been in the city, everyone had been slain...
And Miyra had been in danger. He had been fighting and was struck down.

He looked around, not knowing where he was, and saw his master beside him. He instantly moved to her side, and clenched his teeth.
He had failed. He had failed his friends, his allies, and he felt in his heart that Tien Lung must be turning away in shame from him.
At the very least, he should commit hara-kiri to amend for his failures...but first...he had to see his master safe.

Genji waits for Miyra to wake, not moving, not responding to the world around him otherwise.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Mirya stirred. She felt cold and shivered slightly as her senses began to return to her. She recalled the burning city, the rush to save it, only to find it already overrrun by swarms of demons. The emperor, dead; Mirya shuddered inwardly as she remembered the sight of his head, severed from his body, the eyes staring sightlessly. They had fought the demons, but there were so many of them. Genji had fallen trying to keep them from her; she hadn't been able to reach him before another one of the fiends had struck her down. What had become of him, of them all? "Genji!" Mirya suddenly sat bolt upright as the image of her best friend lying unconscious, a fearsome demon looming over him, returned to her. She almost bumped heads with someone leaning over her, close by her side, and gasped, torn between embarrassment and relief, as her vision returned fully and she saw that it was Genji himself beside her.

*Mirya*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Miyra's sudden movement shocked Genji to the extent that he had to fall back a little to avoid bashing their heads. As soon as the immediate shock had passed, Genji sat, head bowed, kneeling in the sand towards Miyra. It didnt need to be said at this point, his grave expression and down cast eyes spoke what his mouth could not out of shame of failure.

I have failed you, very badly. I must make amends, to you not as your friend, but as your Yojimbo. I have obviously been taking this too lightly and the price was that you came to harm. This is unexceptable, and I am well awar of this fact. I ask permission to take my life in apology.

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Mirya carefully rises and stands in front of Genji; if she must speak as his master to get through to him, then it must be so. "Genji-yojimbo, that you abase yourself before in shame speaks of your sincere wish to put right your mistake. Listen to me; I am standing here, exhausted and in pain, but I am standing here. I am alive and had you not been here I would have been dead at the claws and teeth of the fiends. Because you were there to defend me, I am alive. Are you truly giving up so soon, when your task is nowhere near complete? You feel that the price for your failure to keep me from harm must be your life, but do you wish it to be My life as well? If I agree to let you die now, how much longer do you suppose that I will survive once the next demon attack finds us? If you take your own life, you must know that to do so will almost certainly condemn me to death as well. No, I don't want your death, I want your dedication strengthened and renewed, and I want to know that when the next attack comes, you will be there and that you Will not fail again."

Mirya takes a deep breath; Was she been too harsh, or was acting as if she were truly his Master, and not a woman who had no business ordering him around, what he truly needed?

*Mirya*

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Genji half smiled at his master's words. There was a certain familiarity of being talked to in such a way, as his poor mother had once done. In some ways, Miyra's harsher tone was actually a relief...

He bowed, his forehead touching the ground, hands in front of him, in a sign of submission.
If Miyra-oyabun wishes it to be so, then I shall continue to stay by her side. I will do as you see fit, but will be more vigilant in future, and train myself to avoid been struck down in future. A the very least, next time, I shall commit yubitsume(*) as a reminder, personally, should I fail this again. I thank you for your kindness, oyabun

Genji raised himself and gave the usual friendly, concealing smile, as though he had already crossed a bridge and burnt it.

(*Yubitsume- an act commited to make apologies in yakuza groups, it also means "Flying finger" or "finger cutting". Genji, in his yakuza style fashion, implies that the next time he fails, he shall remind himself not to fail again by cutting a small portion of his left small finger, as a way of apology to his boss and to make him more diligent.)

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Mirya smiles back at Genji, relieved that no death or self-mutilation is going to occur right now at least, which seems about the best that can be hoped for, given the seriousness with which Genji seems to have taken to his role as yojimbo. Not for the first time, she wonders why he has chosen such a role; as her only true friend she cares for him far more than she can or will ever voice, but for him to be willing to give up his own life for her? It seems utterly irrational. After all, she can offer him nothing in return. Given the danger of being shredded by demons on a daily basis, however, perhaps it is better just to be glad that he is there.

Mirya looks around and realises that she has idea where she and the rest of the party are. They appear to be on the outskirts of a village, but which village she has no idea. There is no sign of the city in flames, or indeed the demons of fire, that she recalls fighting before she fell. Shuddering slightly, she wonders what to do next, privately favouring the option of rest; she does not know how long she has been unconscious, but she feels the need for the peace of meditation. The middle of a strange village does not seem an ideal location however.

"Genji-kun, do you have any idea where we are?"

*Mirya*

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Genji pauses for a moment and looks around. He certainly has never been here before, and has no clue how they got to where they are now.
He rubs the back of his head, the messy, unkempt hair getting more and more tussled as a result.

Your guess is just as good as mine, though perhaps Hattori-dono, the Master, or the Sage could enlighten us? he said this in a tone that was meant to be directed at the group in general, not just those present.

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:39 am

Mirya waits to see if an answer is forthcoming, then makes a decision. "Let us find out" and with that she heads towards the centre of the village, looking about her for any clues as to their whereabouts.

*Mirya*

(OC: What time of day/night is it ATM?)

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 am

(Unless anyone has rested/slept, etc its mid afternoon/early evening)
............................................................................Image

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Genji follows behind her at a fair pace. His mood seems much calmer but his narrowed eyes suggest a slight unease. Probably brought about by the feelings of uselessness, but its hard to tell from looks alone.

As he follows, he seems to reflect upon the current events and suddenly steps beside Miyra and whispers in her ear...

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Mirya nods in agreement with Genji's words, and takes a quick look around them before replying, also in a whisper. She then looks thoughtful for a moment, before adding another, shorter whispered comment

*Mirya*

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 pm

The villages look on with suspicion and distain as the two share mumbled words
............................................................................Image

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Genji makes no sign of noticing this. If he did, it was portrayed by his footsteps, moving from normal walking pace to a slight pattern seen in kenjutsu.

He made no silent reply after this, simply replying:
I doubt it. If so, we shall soon see. And besides...with things as they are, we dont wish to "hand a kanabo to an Oni!"(*)

FInally registering the strange looks they got, he frowned and glared at anyone already doing so at them. It almost came naturally to him to act in such a rude manner, should the need arise to take on the personality. He wasnt sure if it was called for, but it still helped to impose some authority, he gathered.

(*)- "Hand a kanabo to an Oni", a term used to describe giving someone who already has all the chances to win an extra edge. Basically making an opponent who is already unbeatable even stronger through your actions.

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Hearing the words coming from the tattered looking yojimbo, the villagers look on with even more suspision

Return to “Serke Kemi”