The Gates of Varya

For IC roleplay within the fortress city of Varya. CHOP characters only.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Edd

The Gates of Varya

Postby Edd » Mon May 26, 2008 1:17 pm

The gates of the fortress city look worse than they have been for a long time. The recent attack by the undead left them in a damaged state, and the guards of Varya have doubled their efforts to re-enforce them. Strangely it never seems to darken around the gates. A gentle white light covers the area surrounding the gates, granting thoes within it feelings of comfort and safety. The undead seem afraid to approach this light, and the guards have noticed that those that do wander into it seem considerably weaker. It has become known as the 'Final Guardian', although very few understand the true meaning behind this name...
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: The Gates of Varya

Postby Will » Thu May 29, 2008 12:10 am

**Varya lies under seige, the relentless armies of death pouring at the walls. The defenders fight to keep back the tide, and the walls hold, but it is not a pretty sight...**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:34 am

**As the countless undead rail agianst the fortress city of Varya, hope seems to be getting thin, as the undead attacks seem without end. Everyone in the city can feel that a change is comming, that soon something will be different. The city guards whisper strange happenings near the gates - voices and visions from within the light that rests there.

Last night, in the midst of the fighting, a large undead strde forward. It seemed undettered by the light at the gates, and with sweeps of its mighty hand it struck out at the guards by the gates. Asher fell hard to the floor, his sowrd bouncing away from him, all his memories running threw his head as the large monstrosity towered over him. This was his time to die. He closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable.....

...but the blow never came. Standing over his body was a white figure, dressed in a suit of chainmail, with a huge two handed sword held in a defensive stance. By my powers, and the powers of light, I bid that thy life shall be as new. This phrase seemed to echo around the area, and Asher felt his strength returning as the wound to his chest seemed to close up.

The foul undead let out a deep gutteral laugh and leaning it's head forward it thrust its hand into its back, and with a gut wrenching sound, pulled out its spine, bringing it to bear like a sword before him. The white figure didn't flinch at any of this, but Asher felt his stomach heave. The figure spoke again. You shouldn't be here, foul one. This place is not for the likes of you...you shall be purged. And with that he flew forward, bringing his sword to bear, and thrust it at the undead. It blocked it and countered with a swing of its huge fist. The light figure ducked under this and thrust upward with its sword, driving it deep into the undead. At this the undead howled in rage and leaned forward to take a bite out of the figure, who let go of its sword and lept up onto the creatures back. With a sickening twist he pulled at the head, and it snapped of. The body tumbled forward and the figure seemed to ride the body to the ground.

As it bent to retrive its sword, Asher stepped up to it. "Begging your pardon sir, but I've never seen nothing like that. You wouldn't be interested in joining the guard would you?" The figure turned to him. It didn't have any facial features, but Asher could swear it was smiling. I'm afraid that I can't. I am not meant to be here yet, but I couldn't let this thing wreck the city. I will return soon....

As it stepped towards the gate it seemed to grow brighter, and brighter, untill Asher had to shield his eyes. When he could see again,, the figure was nowhere to be seen, and the light at the gates had returned. It was only then did Asher realise it had been missing...**

((OOC Edited colour of some text so that it could be read without inducing a migraine. Ash :P))

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:25 pm

The comforting light at the gates of Varya has faded.

Return to “Varya”