For IC roleplay within the fortress city of Varya. CHOP characters only.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:24 am

The bronze elf that had recently been recruited with a number of other 'heroes' walks toward the gates; upon being seen by the guard the gates are opened with a cry of greeting from those keeping watch upon the walls.

As he reenters the city he moves toward the guard post where the Sergeant hired them for the assassination of the Slayer General. As he sees the sergeant, the Death elf smiles and approaches him.

Sergeant, it seems that the mission was a failure.

Other reports will come to you I am sure, however I promise that the number of reports you get won't equal the number of people that were sent out. There were... losses.

After giving the start of his report the elf seems to relax alittle more and becomes more serious, his smile lessening with each passing word.

Upon securing the main gates and leaving we were assulted by the dead, constantly. This took a serious toll on the group as a hole.

After managing to survive long enough to carve a path through the walking dead we found the bodies of several of your men... they had been ripped to peices by a demonic creature which managed to do the same to the orc Knight who it seems followed Varya, this was the first of our losses.

The Yeeta was the next to fall, he had been mauled by said demon and was close to his time... he met his death on the edge of a blade.

Again we travelled the path that the dead used to assult the walls and found more of the foul creatures... this was almost the end of us all. Besides myself, Blaize and Astos 'the Little Star' all were incapacitated, with no healing to be had it seemed inevitable that the lifeblood of all of us would be taken by My Queen and the souls of us all would visit My Lord's Vault.

However it seems that Blaize had other plans... she accepted an invite from the 'Champion' of the Slayer General and they went to entertain themselves.

Blaize returned to us after what seemed a long time and in her return it became evident that she had betrayed Varya by joining the General. She had turned and joined the ranks of the Dead that will assult this city and she knows our defences, the General is the one raising the dead, yet she will be directing the assults. By leaving the mortal coil she has forsaken her own death and once she is destroyed she will know nothing but lonliness and pain.

Lazar moves towards a jug of water to refresh himself after such a long story, watching the sergeants reaction to all of this news, after a brief drink he continues his report...

I am almost done. With Blaize's return we were given the choice of dying on that path and leaving Varya unaware of the situation, or leaving and standing on the walls with the guard as the assult begins.

I decided there was a choice that had not been considered and took the option. I began negotiations with her to get in to the camp and meet the General, afterall if we could not kill him we could find out as much as possible.

Blaize wished to kill the others... I convinced her to keep the human female alive as her devotion to her deity would prove useful, she agreed to take her to meet the General with me. The male human who had all of his limbs broken was useless and as a gesture of goodwill offered his life to her, if it was his time to die he would die... it seems that it wasn't.

Before we were invited to the General's camp Kais and the Little Star decided to attack her and she fled with her minions... Kais gave his life up in doing such a brash thing, yet it was foolish beyond a doubt to assult such a creature that would have allowed us to enter the camp and if nothing else gather information.

I am sure that they see their actions as just and right, yet the opportunity has been lost, along with the lives of 4 who left with those you hired. A pointless excursion as nothing was gained... and much was lost.

My report Sergeant is complete. If you have any questions I will answer.

Lazar
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Phil.Priest

Re: Report

Postby Phil.Priest » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:49 am

Looking annoyed that the sergeant has just sat and looked at him without any comment the Bronzed Elf continues speaking...

Clearly you are far to busy to ask anything further, especially as Blaize, who was one of the defenders of this city has turned on us.

We may not have killed the Slayer General Helistos due to the overly-rightous acts from some of those that went out, yet I at least have returned with valuable information... I assume that some recompence will be made.

I would bid you good day, but that would be a hollow sentiment.

With that the Death Elf turns and leaves the room without asking for leave.
Lazar, God of Darkness

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Once again entering the office of the sergeant the Death elf enters, without knocking, and noticing the sergeant is available begins to speak in a rather raspy voice, sarcasm spread quite freely throughout...

Sergeant, those of us that were recruited to fulfil the suicide mission of "intelligence gathering" managed to return, or at least some of us did.

There is a blue lizard wandering around somewhere, she has three maps detailing the attack plans the General is planning across what seems to be the whole continent. This city, if the maps are correct, is going to be having a massive army attack it. What seems stranger is that huge forces are moving south and west to attack other places... the other two maps showed this Pathway place and some island called Serkami.

Now... which lunatic decided that hiring a shadow elf was a good idea? He killed the Squire of Firin and some other human, the fact that the chicken survived I suspect is down to luck... and possibly because he drank my blood, his feathers are now bronze, and I suspect a facility in the bronze magic will become apparent to him soon.
Anyway, if you find him becareful... he can hide in the shadows and shoot pretty well.

Then there is me... I suspect someone will report me for killing the Twinkling Little Star, well I did. And he deserved it for attacking me. Anyway, it seems someone wished hard enough upon him cause he got hit by a meteor and got better.

So, there's an army coming, a rogue shadow elf and I'm needing some better armour if you want me to help in defending this place... I'm good for the coin...
Lazar, God of Darkness

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:53 pm

**The guard looks shocked and ushers the death Elf through to the back**

<<where things are discussed and settled :)>>
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:20 pm

His eyes narrow momentarily, he had no choice but to trust this second rate officer now he had told him about the death of a star.
So without another word to the apparent mute, he simply follows.
Lazar, God of Darkness

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Returning to the office the Death Elf speaks once more before leaving the building...

Thank you Sergeant. I'll go and find the lizard and collect the maps... I won't be long, she promised the chicken man a drink at the bar.
Lazar, God of Darkness

Return to “Varya”