The Academy

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

that_darn_elf

The Academy

Postby that_darn_elf » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Vaerya settles herself in a corner of the main hall, she is tired and thoughtful after the mission. The forest at home was not like that, with this amount of fighting, but it would give her excellent practice. She thinks back to watching her foster father at those big gladitorial contests. She wanted to be like that. Strong, confident, deadly if need be. Have people who respected her.
She supposed it was in her blood.
For now she was a young girl - well longer lived than humans, and since there were no other half Everni/half high elves, would she be immortal, unless she was killed by accident or in combat? She didnt know. Well it didnt matter. She knew her weaknesses. She was unsure of herself in large groups, and had much to learn of fighting as yet, and of the world as a whole.

Ah well. For now she was warm and dry, and had survived her first expedition. This, in itself was a good sign. She smiled to herself. Her life was going to be very different now,but very interesting. And who knows where it may lead?
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Ballisticginger

Re: The Academy

Postby Ballisticginger » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:14 am

*Pelli had spent that morning travelling umong his companions healing wounds and fixing bones, he had found his sister a room and told her to rest, he himself had gone in search of food, fed he decided he needed to find the head of the academy. seeing Vaerya he approached her.*

"Have you seen Scholar Judd?"

**Pelli Ferro**
Valido Vero- dead /cry :(
Mark O'Rly- wannabe mercenary
Aska- scribe
Thadius- you will learn to hate him Oh-So-Much

campaign character: Pelli Ferro (jehovern healer/highmage) 'severed and survived!'

a gnome in the shadow plane kills you!

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Vaerya looks up at Pelli

Not since we have returned. What did you think of the mission, by the way?

Ballisticginger

Postby Ballisticginger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:42 am

"we learnt what we needed to learn to complete our mission, i believe one of our friends has already spoken with Judd, but the number of injuries we sustained while completing this task showed the dreadful holes in my abilities, this is why i seek Judd i need to improve my healing capacity, as miraculous as it is it is not powerful enough."
Aska- scribe

campaign character: Pelli Ferro (jehovern healer/highmage) 'severed and survived!'

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm

I agree Vaerya stands up I also have much to learn, of the world, and of fighting. And healing is a good thing too, my friend. I can only wonder what kind of training we will find here, or maybe indeed we have to ask for it? I suppose I should look for Judd as well

Ballisticginger

Postby Ballisticginger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:22 pm

"Shall we then?"

*Pelli said smiling, and raising a hand towards the door*
Aska- scribe

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:58 pm

I suppose we ought Vaerya dusts herself off [it was a dusty corner] and moves towards the door.

Ballisticginger

Postby Ballisticginger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:31 pm

*Pelli closes the door behind them and heads off into the academy*

((OOC: first stop viewtopic.php?f=127&t=2728))
Aska- scribe

Ballisticginger

Postby Ballisticginger » Wed May 06, 2009 10:24 pm

*After several days Pelli starts to grow bored of books, several times he has tried to locate Scholar Judd, but always he was told that the scholar was too busy, but a month was long enough, if he was going to learn anything Pelli was going to need some hands-on-experience. He went in search of Judd once more.*
Aska- scribe

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Arriving back at the academy Shkye stops and turns to her twin,

Go to the Library and get what you need, im going to take a copy of these letters to the office. Meet me back here when your done.

She then turns and heads off in search of the main office.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Finding the office Shkye knocks on the door and waits for a reply.

WarofAgesPlotBot

Postby WarofAgesPlotBot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 pm

**There is some hushed voices from within, followed by a voice that seems louder and more pronounced**

"Would you get the door please Julian"

**Small footsteps can be heard approaching the door, and it opens with a loud creek. Julian, an attending looks at Shkye.**

"Sir, it appears to be one of the merceneries you hired, one of the twins."

"Hm.. Ok, send her in"

((OOC: Continued viewtopic.php?f=127&t=3082 ))

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:55 pm

It is almost dark by the time Skhye is shown to her accommodation and the days events were taking there toll, but she didn't let the tiredness get to her there was too much to do. Soon after Julian left her she heads back through the academy and heads our to meet her awaiting allies.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:09 pm

As Shkye re-enters the academy in search of her sister a sudden sense of gloominess sets in, her pace slows as she looks around carefully taking in her surroundings, somethings wrong, very wrong.
She turns and starts heading towards the library in the hope of finding answers there. She hesitates for a second knowing that she should find her sister and go and help the others, but she quickly shrugs it off and keeps walking. Its unlike Shkye not to care but this time for some reason she doesn't, they can take care of themselves.

As Shkye walks down the corridor towards the library any nearby students notice the temperature drop dramatically as an icy cold air surrounds her. As soon as she enters the library she realizes she wont find any answers here, picking a few random books from the shelves she flicks through the empty pages, snapping the books shut in frustration she quickly turns and heads out of the library.

*Shkye*

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:33 pm

After returning from Tersus Vir Shkye breaks away from her group of friends and walks silently through the halls of the academy in the direction of the library. The ritual was successful and the lives of all within the academy had been saved but Shkye had paid a high price for this, she did not feel the warm glow of happiness or the sense of achievement that she should, she felt nothing and never again would. Although all her memories remained intact she struggles to make sense of them. Her whole life, every decision she had ever made every thing she had done seemed to be ruled by emotions and now without these emotions there was an emptiness there that she can not explain.

Return to “The War of Ages”