The academy library

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

that_darn_elf

Re: The academy library

Postby that_darn_elf » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Vaerya finishes poring over the maps and turns her attention to a painting of a great battle hung on the wall in a dusty corner, before glancing curiously at those gathered around the crystal.
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Embah pulls herself away from the gem and moves back to the libraries shelves and starts running her fingers accross the spines of more books apparently forgetting the two large piles she has already removed from the shelves. This time she only selects two books, The Flows of Magery and A Compendium of Modern Magics. She settles herself in a quiet corner and begins to flip through the pages in an attempt to find some answers about the gem. She can be heardmuttering to herself as she cross references certain details between the two books.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

shadow3

Postby shadow3 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:08 pm

dale walks in and looks at the huge amount of books and starts to walk over to a bookcase and runs his finger along the tops of the books and picks one out at random.
dale walks over to a chair in a corner, sits down and starts to read to himself not even noticing anyone and everything else going on around him.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:14 pm

"Okay, no active spells on it.", Jasper nods to himself, "As expected."

"And as my last spell tonight before I rest, I cast Discern Power" (on the gem)

Then as any aside to Skye, he explains, "My first spell was to see if it had any active spells up. It hasn't, so now I'm testing if it has the ability to contain essence - the total capacity and the current level it can hold."

<Jasper Methlar>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Jasper concentrates hard and tries to put essence into the gem, (OOC: He is out of essence tonight!), but then sighs and bangs the table in frustration.

" It seems as though shattering it impaired its function, it doesn't seem to store essence at the moment. The repair seems to have fixed the structure but I will need more study of it to see if I can get it to hold magic."

Jasper quickly puts the gem in his pocket, and keeping his hand over the pocket, starts to walk out the room.
On the way out he yawns. (using his other hand to cover his mouth)

" I'll study this some more tomorrow morning, Goodnight all. "

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:27 am

Shkye stops him as he makes to leave, holding her hand out for the gem. Please leave the gem with me, i would like to study it myself.

*Shkye*

shadow3

Postby shadow3 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:42 am

dale getting to the last page of his book get's up an places it back on the shelf and picks out another book ang goes back to his chair and starts to read.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Noctis looks around at the people, glaring slightly under his curtain of hair. Why did they need some damaged gem so badly? He supposed it could be worth a little bit still, but who cares about whats left of the magic it held? Had no-one learnt that magic was dangerous as much as it is useful? He sighed and got up, stretching and put the books back. He had learnt what he needed to learn and was satisified. Let the others do as they chose, sonner or later they may become useful. But if ANYONE tried to take "that" away then...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Jasper sighs, "If you insist.."

He takes the gem out of his pocket and passes it to Skye,

"I wouldn't try to give it more essence without putting some conditions on how it can be used though. You do know how to do that?"

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:31 pm

She smiles taking the gem then looks at him slightly puzzeled. "You want to restrict it? i know that precauctions should be taken afterall the gem is likely to be dangerous, but i wish know what the gem can do so i have no intention of restricting its powers."

Ballisticginger

Postby Ballisticginger » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:34 pm

"surely it is better to take precautions, an accidental death would be horrific, especially when we can prevent it happening."
Valido Vero- dead /cry :(
Mark O'Rly- wannabe mercenary
Aska- scribe
Thadius- you will learn to hate him Oh-So-Much

campaign character: Pelli Ferro (jehovern healer/highmage) 'severed and survived!'

a gnome in the shadow plane kills you!

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:52 am

"How about requiring an order or something before it can use essence?

I don't know what commands it has previously been given, or whether destroying and repairing it wiped them completely."

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Shkye looks slightly annoyed but she continues to smile as she speaks to jasper, "I understand your concerns and we will take precautions while dealing with the gem and we will find a way to do that with out restricting its powers. We wish to study the powers this gem may possess, to do that we need to see what it can do. Not what you can order it to do!" Before he has a chance to respond she turns away from jasper and walks across the room to her sister who is still engrossed in her studies. "Found anything yet?"

*Shkye*

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Embah hears someone talking to her and looks digruntled at being disturbed form her research but on seeing that it is her twin the look of resentment fades to be quickly replaced by calm acknoledgement. "Nothing useful yet Shkye, but i will continue to look. I think Jasper may be right about restricting the gem though." Embah watches her sisters face closely for any hint of frustration at being opposed by her, she hastens to add, "at least for the moment in our experimentation. Restrict it a little and slowly remove the restrictions allowing more essence to be put into it as we learn to control it. I mean he is right that if we out too much in too soon someone could get hurt or worse, we could even destroy the gem irrepairably." Having said her piece Embah smiles softly before returning to her books, muttering to herself once again she places the book down beside the pile in front of her and takes the top book and begins to flick through its pages taking great care in the turning of the pages.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Jasper yawns

"Can we revisit this in the morning? It has been a long and tiring day. Just be careful, alright?"

and with that he wonders off in search of a room to sleep in.

<Jasper>
(OOC: Could someone pm me when it is IC morning? Cheers.)
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Return to “The War of Ages”