At the temple of Asternia

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dellam

At the temple of Asternia

Postby Dellam » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 pm

The clanking of platemail signalled the arrival of Danatrius at the local temple of Asternia, his countenance drawn up and steadfast and yet his features troubled as he made his way within. He made no effort to speak to anyone on his entry, no greeting to the priesthood but instead made his way directly to the shrine and dropped to one knee before it, bowing his head low.
"Asternia, goddess of light and justice. Guide my sword arm through the coming days, take me into our embrace that I may purge the evil and wicked and that I may lay low the unjust in your glorious name.", he spoke softly then fell silent for a few moments longer before he rose and looked around the shrine.
"I need to speak to the high priest, now please, I have a matter of some urgency to discuss.", he would request aloud.
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

WarofAgesPlotBot

Re: At the temple of Asternia

Postby WarofAgesPlotBot » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:53 pm

**There is a shuffling of feet from behind Danatrius, and at once the previously quiet temple becomes awash with whispers and quickly mumered orders. A door towards the back of the temple is knocked upon, opened and then closed. For a few moments all becomes quiet, until the cold steady beat of footsteps break the silence. The footsteps become become more prominent and the whispers die down. The sound of a door opening can be heard and the sound footsteps approach Danatrius becoming louder with each stride.**

"Greetings, I am High Priest Jaront.. I believe that you wish to speak to me.."

**Looking directly at Danatrius, Jaront seems taken aback**

"There is much trouble I see in your eyes.. please come folllow me into my room, we can freely discuss what it is that has troubled you so.."

**Jaront offers his hand to Danatrius, helping him off of his knees before motioning him into the back room**

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Danatrius would accept the hand and follow along into the back room, waiting till the door was closed before shifting to stand with his hands folded behind his back, his bearing showing military precision gained from having served in such a role for a time.

"High priest Jaront...it has come to my attention after an excursion endorsed by the academy that someone has been performing...experiments."
He would produce the copy he'd had made of the letter they had found and would offer it to Jaront.
"As you can see somebody has been going so far to use essence to grotesquely manipulate people and by the general feel of the letter and the content this is not an isolated incident but a part in a series conducted by a larger group. This being the case I believe it is in the best interests of the order of Asternia to devote efforts to uncovering more about these crimes against people and nature and to bring the perpetrators to the ladys justice."
Player of;

WarofAgesPlotBot

Postby WarofAgesPlotBot » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:31 am

**Jaront studies Danatrius as he speaks, listening closely to his tale, upon receiving the copy of the letter he settles down to reading its contents. His composure begins to wane as he reads more of the letter... his face turning a shade of white and his hands trembling softly...**

"This... Is... Horrendous."

**He pauses briefly, looking upwards as if asking for guidance**

"Someone is creating monstrosities, abominations. Taking people and torturing them so, this is an affront to justice and liberty. This reeks of evil; I can feel its very taint... whoever the heartless being who has commissioned such acts must be brought to justice. Through Asternia's light this must be done. You say the University recruited you in this task? If so, I would have you assist them in whatever way possible, I have met with Scholar Judd before and have found him to be a trustworthy and good willed person, I have faith that he feels much as I do about these beings. I will send a commission to speak with him and ascertain any more information and where we may be of help in this situation. Please Danatrius, give him as much assistance as you can in this matter, these creatures and their creator must rest in the earth...”

**Jaront calms slightly, having raised his voice a little. He thinks for a second, again looking upwards...**

"I have been hasty in what was said. It is true, the creatures are abominations, but they were once free people, please if you encounter more, ensure that their passing is swift, it is not of their own doing that they have become what they have...”

**Jaront settles down in his chair, resting back and breathing deeply, obviously troubled by the news given to him**

"Danatrius, if you will, and if of course you have no more questions or anything to discuss, I would like to be left alone for a while.. I have been much taken aback by this...”

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 am

"That is all sir.", he offers, giving a half bow from the waist as a sign of respect to the high priest, "I shall see to it that Asternias will is done as always for the individuals affected and to the perpetrators of this crime."

With that he would turn sharply on his heels and stride from the office, once again stopping to bow his head to the shrine before moving off to exit the temple.
Player of;

Return to “The War of Ages”