The Academy Office

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

WarofAgesPlotBot

The Academy Office

Postby WarofAgesPlotBot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:48 pm

((OOC: Do not post here unless you have been invited in ;P ))

**Julian opens the door to behold a grand office, it is finely furnished, containing many works of art on the walls and a numerous amount of books upon the shelves, not ones you are likely to see in the library. There are two other atendents at the main desk, assisting the head of the academy in rifling through some paperwork.**

"Fran, Kien could we leave this to another time, I will call for you when I am finished here. **He looks towards Shkye** "Please, come forward do not be afraid. Now, what do I owe this pleasure"

Ceinwen

Re: The Academy Office

Postby Ceinwen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Shkye steps nervously into the office and takes a moment to compose herself before speaking.

Me and my sister are preparing to leave the academy, along with two others. We do not feel safe here anymore, not after what happened earlier...

She takes a couple of pieces of paper out of her bag, she examines them briefly before handing one of them, a copy of the letter, to Julian.

I thought you should have this before we left.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Waiting for Julian to reads the letter Skhye looks briefly around the office. Her eyes light up as she spots the large collection of books and she spends a few moments scanning the titles.

WarofAgesPlotBot

Postby WarofAgesPlotBot » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:32 pm

**Julian doesn't read the letter, instead handing it straight to the Academy head. He reads it for a brief time, frowning at parts.**

"Please, tell me.. what exactly did happen that has made you wish to leave the Academy in such a rush..?

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Shkye turns her attention back to Julian.

We were attacked. Astar nearly killed my sister, while he is here we do not feel it is safe.

Sir... Have you ever heard of Triundoon?

WarofAgesPlotBot

Postby WarofAgesPlotBot » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:44 am

**The head looks shocked when Shkye tells him that Judd attacked**

"I can't quite believe this! Judd attacked you...

**He looks back down at the piece of paper, before clicking his fingers**

"Wait.. did Judd see this..?

**He pulls out a scrap of clothing from his desk, it appears faded, and is coated a dark red. It is a symbol of 3 triangles, ontop of each other, looking like one pyramid comprised of segments** ((OOC: looks like symbol of Triundune))

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:46 pm

She stares at the symbol for a few minutes before speaking, ignoring his question.

What do you know about Triundoon?

WarofAgesPlotBot

Postby WarofAgesPlotBot » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:55 pm

"Why, almost nothing.. which is why this scrap of information here has me so intrigued. When we first found Astar, he was beaten up and unconscious down by the river. We put him straight into the nurses station, I tried to ascertain what had happened to him by delving into his mind, but I was forced out. All I saw was this symbol here, which I assume must be the symbol of Triundoon, it is all Judd ever ranted about whilst in his coma. When he awoke and I questioned him, he didn't know a thing.

**He ponders for a moment**

"Where did you find this scrap of information..?"

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Shkye reluctantly pulls the other piece of paper out of her bag and hands it to him,

We found this at the same time as we found the letter, When Astar saw it, that symbol appeared on his head, just like in that description.

Sir, has anything like this happened before?

(The piece of paper has been ripped in half so it no longer has the symbol of triudune.)

WarofAgesPlotBot

Postby WarofAgesPlotBot » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:27 pm

"Very briefly, and only once before. At the time, I was moving through the hospital wing, checking in upon Astar, we were ready to make the decision to let him die naturally in his coma. As soon as I started draining away the essence that was keeping him alive, he lashed out. He lashed out with such power I've never seen before, and haven't seen since.. all the while, his facial expression was blank, he was still completely comatose, yet something inside him was reacting and throwing around huge quantities of essence.

**The headmaster pulls up his jacket sleeve to reveal a large scar arcing all the way up his arm.**

"After that, we confined Astar, kept him alive, until almost two weeks later he arose, in a state of complete amnesia. We've always kept an eye on Astar, but he's been here for over a year now and almost everyone had forgotten about the incident. His help here in the academy has helped further our understanding of essence tenfold, but yet, he does not know anything of his past. Someone does.

**The headmaster stands up, and motions for Julian to leave the room.**

"I have a request, one that I would prefer if it was kept quiet from Astar. I would have you move back into the Academy, in quarters far enough away from Astar, and I will assure you, safeguards and protections will be put into place to ensure Astar is fully watched and nothing like this happens again. What I ask of you, is to carry on assisting Astar in his investigations, but I want you all the while to be finding out all you can about Astar and any of his past. Someone knows more about Astar than any of us, and it is imperative that we find out who. I have no doubt in my mind, that whoever left that paper for you to discover did it intentionally, hoping to set Astar off, hoping to throw yourselves off the trail. You cannot allow that, there is something underfoot happening here, and we require all of your help to ensure that whatever is occurring, whatever it is that someone doesn't wish us to stop, is stopped. I would ask you to share this information amongst those you travel with that you trust, the more able minded people that can assist, the better. There will be subsidisation, and we, at the academy can provide you with a manner of useful things to help you in your task.

**The headmaster runs his fingers through his hair, before sighing.**

"Please, I know you are scared. I know you are frightened, but we need you, all of you. You have a rare gift, the wielding of essence, you are all, already growing very adapt at controlling it, you must use this power to right the wrongs, to ensure bad things do not come to pass. I ask of you, in utmost sincerity, will you accept this task, to work for Astar, yet keep a close and watchful eye upon him, to find out any scrap of information you can find, and to bring it directly to me. Can you do this..?

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:02 am

Shkye contemplates his words before replying.

If you are right, and someone planted that symbol intentionally for Judd to find it, then it stands to reason that they wanted us to find the letter as well. Now i can only think of one reason why they might want that.

Shkye stares coldly at the headmaster for a moment

Is there something your not telling me?

WarofAgesPlotBot

Postby WarofAgesPlotBot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:03 am

**The headmaster looks at Shkye oddly, looking quite confused that she didn't come to the same conclusion that he did.**

"I don't know where your astounding leap of logic came from, but for me the answer is pretty obvious. Tell me, what exactly did Astar do once he saw the symbol, did he not by your own words "nearly kill your sister" and please do tell me who is it exactly that is working against this new threat. Yourselves and the academy, the only reason I can see for it being planted would be to do exactly what it has done, make you lose confidence, to stop you from interfering with whoever it is making such an effort in stirring all of this trouble up."

**The headmaster regains his composure**

"I'm sorry, that was very rude of me, there was no need to be quite as sarcastic as I was. Sometimes I unfortunately slip back into how I used to teach, I do apologize profusely I did not mean to come across like that. I just assumed you were on the same wavelength as myself."

**The headmaster sits down at his desk and takes a sip from his mug**

"All this business has me dreadfully stressed out, I think I may be getting too old for all of this stress. I'll retire soon, let someone younger take the reigns of this place, I feel like I've been here forever.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:55 am

I am sorry if i offended you but quite frankly i do not know who to trust anymore. You knew that Astar could be dangerous if he regained his memories but you did not warn us and nearly got my sister killed! As for the mana forged, someone has been experimenting with essence and all evidence points towards the academy, a place for learning and experiments, im sure you can see why i would be suspicious.

However i am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, for now. I will stay and continue to help in the investigation because i want to be sure these experiments are put to a stop. If i am to stay it is only under the following conditions, I want all information you have about the mana forged, the Asharan's and the Chistatan's, I want access to the entire academy and any research facilities.

She points at the cloth bearing the symbol of Triundune

I want that destroyed along with anything else you may have that bares the same symbol. Astar is to be watched at all times and kept away from me and my sister, any information i find i will bring to you, not Astar.

These are my terms for staying, Embah and the others may require more if they choose to return.

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:20 pm

**The headmaster clears his throat for a second.**

"Miss Shkye, let me assure you I do not respond well to threats, the only instance of Astar ever acting the way he did happened a year ago, when he was in a comatose state. As for the information upon the Mana forged and the Chistatans and Asharans latest exploits, that is exactly what this academy has hired you to investigate. Any of the information we have, is information you have gathered for us.

**The headmaster points to the cloth symbol of Triundune**

"This, however will not be destroyed. I am a man of knowledge, and I do not destroy information lightly. The fact that Astar has only lashed out once, in a coma, should be proof enough that this has stayed out of, and will stay out of his hands."

**The headmaster folds the piece of cloth, puts in back into his desk draw, whilst muttering an incantation** ((Magic Seal (20))

"I do feel very sorry for what happened to your sister, protection of my students and of anyone who makes residence in this academy is one of my highest priorities. But, I do make this very clear Miss Shkye, this is my academy and I do not take well to threats or veiled accusations. Should you wish to stay, stay. If not there are various wayside inns you could stay in and notice could be sent down for when Astar requires you. If still, you do not agree, the door is behind you, and so is any hope at becoming truly great.

That decision is yours Miss Shkye, now good day, I have matters to attend to.

**The headmaster walks to the door, opens it letting himself out and Julian in**

"Julian, if you would. Could you show Miss Shkye here, either to her accommadation, one of the inns nearby, or the most direct and swift route to wherever she came from."

**The headmaster walks for a little while, before stopping mid tract, muttering again to himself and vanishing into thin air** ((Teleport))

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Shkye stands silently for a few minutes, concentrating on her sister. (Mind message Embah)
She then looks up at Julian,

When you see the headmaster please let him know that i am sorry for the accusations, i did not mean to upset him and of course i am happy to stay and help with the investigations. When he returns i would like to see him so i can apologies in person, but for now i would be grateful if you could show me to my accommodation.

Return to “The War of Ages”