A nearby inn

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

that_darn_elf

A nearby inn

Postby that_darn_elf » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Vaerya wanders into the inn quietly, looking around for Meredith. Shy, she doesnt tend to frequent inns, but determined that something needs to be done.
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Breccan

Re: A nearby inn

Postby Breccan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:40 am

*Meredith is sitting in a chair next to the window. He sips slowly from a mug in front of him. Seeing Vaerya he waves*
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:50 am

Vaerya wanders over, looking around to see if anyone is close by. Luckily they arent and she settles down opposite Meredith, Hallo She looks around again, just to triple check - after what she saw at the academy...
she speaks in a low voice
So. What do you believe is taking place? I have a horrible feeling that we were invited to the academy to be "used" in some way...

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:17 pm

"ahh... I have been thinking about that a lot. I have several ideas. Firstly that we ourselves are being studied, and the poor creatures we've encounted having been pumped full of 'Essence' are infact an attempt to replicate our talents. My problem with this is that there was no-one directly involved with the academy travelling with us, so unless one of us is a spy..
"My second theory is that we are here as a safeguard, so that if anything goes wrong with the experiments then we are here to clean up the mess. Thirdly that we are being made to stand for one side or another in..." *he checks himself*

"Do you know the contents of any of the scrolls we recovered?"

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:12 pm

I cant help thinking that we are being trained for something hidden, whether we like it or not, and I agree, those creatures we encountered, that had been experimented upon... something strange is definitly happening and I am not sure i like it... especially with what happened when we returned to the academy
Vaerya pauses
As for the scrolls, I dont. it may be worth finding out though if they were meant for us to find, as I have a feeling they may have been, they may be designed to throw us off the scent even more.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:21 pm

I know a little of what they said. I gave them to the elven sisters and I haven't seen them for some time. I won't discuss what they said in such a public place, perhaps later. It is enough to say that the contents suggests that there may be a... struggle coming and the axeman we know here in the academy is caught up in it. Although on which side I do not know. I suspect this means that there are others here in the faculty are involved.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:52 am

I agree vaerya might have already been thinking this but is still chilled to hear it from the lips of another,. in fact I am not sure whom we should trust at this point - without knowing more, its hard to know who is involved and on what side. But I certainly think if we do go to the academy again we should be very wary.

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Lia enters the inn, smiles at whoever is behind the bar and scans the common room, seeking Meredith

(OOC) I am basing my arrival on the premise that Lia came outside to meditate after Meredith left the gardens (as he didn't see her), but before Vaerya did
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:35 pm

"I intend to remain here and investigate further, perhaps even perform another mission for the academy should it request it. How better to find out it's motives than by working for it, and getting closer to those that run the place? Caution is necessary however. If you intend to stay I would feel better, knowing that there is someone watching the backs of Lia and I."

*at that moment he hears the door open, and looks across. Seeing Lia entering he waves his arm*

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:11 am

Seeing Merry, Lia smiles, but her face becomes serious almost immediately. She crosses the room to join him and sits down. Giving Meredith a smile she turns to address Vaerya "It would be nice to think you are here on a social visit, but given your expression, and today's events, I think I can surmise that is not the case"

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:42 am

"It is rather more than a social visit," Vaerya is pleased to see Lia, and tuens back to Meredith, answering his question "This sounds like a plan, dangerous, but i think any move we make will be so. I will stay with you"

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:03 pm

"You plan to remain here also? I am glad to know that." Lia then also turns to Meredith, "You have been busy if you already have plans" Looking back at Vaerya, "What do you feel is Really going on here? In what unholy scheme have we become enmeshed?"

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:31 pm

Vaerya nods for the time being. As for the schemes, you guess is as good as anyones. We should remain on our guard, and Meredith suggests by taking a further assignment or two, we may be able to find out a little more of what is going on.

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:32 pm

"You are right; we cannot safely act without more knowledge than we have now. Believe me, I would like nothing better than to find my sense of something very wrong is misplaced. However, it might be useful to consider what we Do know and how best to guard ourselves, and each other"

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:46 pm

You are right. if we remain togther, or at least in contact then we know if anything happens, but to prevent that happening, means weneed to be able to pool what we know at regular intervals Vaerya says thoughtfully.

Return to “The War of Ages”