A nearby inn

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Breccan

Re: A nearby inn

Postby Breccan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Meredith wakes up from where he was slumped in his chair, knocks on the kitchen door and says a few low words to the barman before leaving the inn.
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:06 am

Embah turns to David as he speaks to her. "Skyhe is at the acadamy, she arrived safely but things aren't right there. I must reach her as quickly as I can. I will be leaving as soon as I can get a horse saddled." With out waiting for a reply she turns away and makes her way towards the stables.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

dainul

Postby dainul » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:52 am

David swears quietly as Embah takes off. He runs back upstairs long enough to shout. "Jasper! We're leaving for the academy, now!" Then he's back down and trying to catch up with Embah.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:06 am

Jasper arrives downstairs a mere five minutes later, looking rather disheveled but wide awake.

" Okay, I'm ready. Just let me leave some money for the landlord. ", he deposits some coins behind the bar with a hastly written note he wrote upstairs.

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:47 am

Lia arrives downstairs moments later, "What is wrong? Has something happened to Shkye?"

*Lia*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:51 am

" David says we have to leave for the Academy now. I don't know the details, David can you expain on the way. "

And they leave.
<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:57 pm

In an upstairs room of the inn Embah sits cross-legged on the bed that occupies most of the room. She has several books laid out upon the covers infront of her. She has a quill in her hand and another, apparently forgotten, tucked behind one ear. With her quill she makes a small precise note on the page of the book directly infront of her before pushing it slightly away and pulling another towards her. She quickly thumbs through the pages before she finds what she's looking for. She reads the passage quickly before sighing with exasperation and pushing the book away.
She pushes herself off the bed and paces around the room to stretch her legs before sitting back down to resume her studies of the books that still contain their words.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Embah jumps and nearly falls sideways off the bed as the silence of the room is suddenly broken by the sound of her sisters voice, speaking clearly inside her mind. The voice is loud enough that Embah could believe her sister was sitting beside her on the bed yet she is the only one who could hear the voice. After a few moments of silence the voice starts up again, giving her instructions. When the voice stops for the second time Embah slides off the bed and hurrydly begins to pack the books into her bag being careful not to damage any of the books as she slides them in against each other. Once the last book is safely stowed away in her pack she straightens her skirts and moves towards the door. Almost as an afterthought Embah reaches her arm behind the door as she closes it to grab her cloak and swings it onto her shoulders as she makes her way down the stairs and into the Inns common room. She makes a quick decision on where to begin her search and leaves the Inn behind walking swiftly along the roadway.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Embah returns to the Inn and carefully places her bag upon the nearest table before taking off the cloak that threatens to stifle her now that she is inside the warmth of the Inn. She folds it and lays it across the back of a chair before looking around the inside of the common room for any face that she recognises. She seems to be distraught and her breath comes in short panicked gasps.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Lia is downstairs; having slept longer than usual after the previous night's journey in the woods, she has risen later than usual and lingered over her morning prayers, still feeling the need for penitence and fretful over her failure to save the elf. She is becoming increasingly worried about her brother's continued absence and is speaking with the barman to find out if there has been any sign of Meredith.

Hearing Embah's entrance to the inn she turns around, her expression immediately becoming one of concern as she sees Embah's distraught state. Hastily excusing herself from her conversation she quickly moves over to the other elf, checking for signs of injury as she does so.
(OOC: DNW)

"Embah, what has happened? Is someone hurt?"

*Lia*

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:17 pm

David is also downstairs, though most of his armour is still in the room he is renting. Seeing Embah return, he stands and walks over. "What's happened?" He asks simply.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:29 pm

"Its ....." Embah almost chokes on her words as her breath still comes in ragged gasps. She forces her self to take several slow breaths, calming herself before she begins again. "Its Skyhe" Her words come out unsteadily but she forces herself to continue. "She is trapped with in the academy. Its dying and so is the headmaster. We need to gather everyone together, quickly. I do not know how much time we have and we must find the answers as quickly as possible. They are all here ..... Somewhere." As she speaks she turns back to her pack, emptying its contents upon the table. It is quickly covered in books of different sizes. "The books I borrowed from the library have changed. I do not know or understand how, but they have. It is a strange magic I think, something to do with the link between the headmaster and the academy. Somehow his life is linked to the wellbeing of the academy and I think also in turn with the well being of its students. Skyhe tells me it is important that we study these books to find the answers but it is very important that we do not study them within the grounds of the academy." She pauses for breath, looking into the faces of David and Lia to be sure that they comprehend the gravity of her words. She waits for them to respond to the information she has imparted.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Relieved that Embah is apparently unharmed, but alarmed at the news of Skyhe's plight, Lia frowns as she tries to take in all that Embah has said. "Let me be sure I have understood you right; Skyhe is trapped and the only way we can free her is within these books? Is everyone else at the Academy also trapped there?"

*Lia*

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Embah faces Lia as she speaks, "I do not know if the others are also trapped but I do not think that they are. Skyhe was very clear on the point that we should not study the books within the academy, this leads me to think that she believes she is trapped within the academy because she has been studying within its grounds... making the academy see her as one of its students. I believe that this has pulled her into the link that holds the academy and its students to the headmasters ailments. This is why it is important that we study the books here, so that we too do not become trapped within the academy. Once we have an answer we can then turn our attention to the academy and Skyhe."
She lifts one of the books that she had taken from the academy and turns the pages to show the others stood with her its contents.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:59 pm

"So all the Academy students then, or those the Academy considers to be students" Lia looks to see what the book's pages display. "I am not greatly skilled in reading, but I will do my best"

*Lia*

Return to “The War of Ages”