A nearby inn

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Lirael

Re: A nearby inn

Postby Lirael » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:02 pm

The leather and wooden bindings of the book crackled slightly within her hands as she opened its cover to reveal the title page. In large writing are the words TERSUS VIR
beneath it is a symbol of a pentagram held within a circle. At each of the five points is drawn a much smaller circle with a sixth at its centre. The circle behind the five pointed star is darker causing the star itself to appear crisp, white and clean.
Embah turns the page to reveal the next. It is titled 'The Scholar' beneath the title is part of the pentagram symbol, the uppermost section. The writing reads ' the northern most point of Tersus vir has been documented as the mind of Tersus Vir. Its cleansing requires both wisdom and strength. Mere force of arms has proven unsuccesssful.
1st Motion - "The Scholar, the wisdom of the six.
2nd Motion - "Grant us your wisdom, guide our minds to the 3rd" '
The page opposite it reads 'To Activate.
"We choose the scholar, wisest of the six. We seek the key to the mind. - We require your aid to complete Tersus Vir. We accept your challenge. Allow us passage." '
Ceiridd Lucksted

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Lia frowns in concentration as she carefully reads the words set forth. "I fear I am far from being the scholar that you are" she says to Embah, looking slightly embarrassed, "Does this mean we need six people to activate this 'cleansing'? We are three here now; where is Jasper, do you know? I have not seen anyone but you two," she glances from Embah to David, "since we returned from the woods last night"

*Lia*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Embah carefully hands to book to Lia before selecting a second book from the table. "These books all used to have different contents. Now they all contain the same words. It is my belief that someone is desperately trying to convey something to us ... someone who is otherwise incapable of reaching us. I do no know how but I believe that this someone is the headmaster himself. I think this is his way of asking our help."
Embah quickly turns the pages of the book she holds to find her place again. This book is bound in a much softer animal hide than the leather and wood of the book she passed to Lia, so she handles it gently, careful not to tear it. She finds her place and holds the book so that David can now also see its contents.
The second page has the title of The Guard and below it is a second part of the pentagram symbol this part holds the bottom right point of the star. Below the symbol the words read, 'The south-eastern point of Tersus Vir. The Guard is the fallen protector. Often regarded as primoris lapsus.
1st Motion - "The Guard, the strength of the six."
2nd Motion - "Grant us your strength, guide our bodies to the 3rd". '

The page beside it reads, 'To Activate.
"We choose the guard, the strongest of the six. We hunt the power of your body. - We require your aid to complete Tersus vir. We accept your challenge. Allow us passage." '

With great delicacy Embah turns the page to show the next. The title of this next page reads 'The Worker' and once again there is a symbol beneath it. This symbol shows the top left point of the pentagrams star. The words beneath it read, 'The north-western most point of Tersus Vir. The Worker is the variable, it moulds the six. Uncertain and everchanging, it shapes Tersus Vir to those seeking the 3rd. It crafts the way."
1st Motion - "The Worker, the craftsman of the six."
2nd Motion - "Grant us he skill to create a path to the 3rd." '

The opposite page reads, ' To Activate.
"We choose The Worker, craftsman of the six. We wish for your skill we require your aid to complete Tersus Vir. We accept your challenge. Allow us passage." '

Embah allows the words within the pages to sink into her companions before continuing.
Ceiridd Lucksted

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Embah lowers the book and turns to Lia. "I do not know where Jasper is or how many are needed for this ritual but Skyhe thinks we need to do the ritual in the academy, we just need to study it here. Perhaps more will join us here before we find our answers. If they do not we shall just have to pray that we find them either in the academy when we return or that we encounter them on our way there."

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Lia nods "It does sound as if we must somehow invoke each of these 'six' in turn, unless I am mistaken in the meaning of these words. Scholar, Guardian, Worker, and more?" She places the book Embah has passed to her on the table and turns over the pages carefully to see what follows

*Lia*

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:06 am

"You know I have no knowledge of magic. I'll help you as I can, but this doesn't mean anything to me."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:18 am

The main door of the inn swung open as Danatrius finally arrived, his heavy boots and the weight of his armour making the sound of his passage obvious as his gaze swung around over the inns occupants. When he finds Embahs table he moves over, stopping before her and bowing his head respectfully. "I am here as you requested m'lady Embah. Tell me the situation and what I can do to help."
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:46 am

Embah smiles slightly as Danatrius enters the inn. She turns to face him before speaking. "I am glad you have come to assist us Danatrius. Skyhe is trapped within the academy, we think she has become linked to it in the same way that the students are because of her studying there. The academy itself is linked to the headmaster, he is dying causing the academy to die with him. I do not know what will happen to Skyhe if the academy dies with her still trapped inside but the thought of it terrifies me. We must find the answers. They are within these books."
As Embah turns to indicate the books on the table there is a loud cry from outside the tavern, "the Kacaw" can be heard echoing in the ears of those who heard it. Embah hurries through the main door as soon as she hears the noise, fear and curiosity battling within her. Once outside her jaw drops open and the book she holds hangs limply at herside, apparently forgotton. In front of her stands a six foot tall crow, dressed in furs.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Jasper is also outside, approaching the inn from the direction of the academy.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Embah chants softly under her breath until in her right hand there is a softly glowing ball of light. She continues to chant softly concentrating her effort into holding the magic in her palm whilst she assess whether or not the giant crow is a threat. She does not take her eyes from him but sees Jasper approaching on the edge of her periferal vision. She waves her left hand in greeting subtley changing the motion to also include the feathered new comer.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Lia smiles and inclines her head politely in greeting towards Danatrius. About to speak, she jumps as she hears the sound from outside. Leaving the book on the table, she hastens after Embah; she knows the other woman can look after herself, but she has seen too much since her arrival for her to risk Embah coming to harm by assuming that the crow-like call does not herald danger.

*Lia*

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:38 pm

David follows outside. His shield and metal armour are elsewhere, but he has his hand on his sword-hilt as he watches the creature warily.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Seeing that the creature has made no threatening movements towards them Embah stops chanting and allows the uncast spell to die away. The ball of light in her hand slowly evaporates into the wind. She speaks to the giant crow, "I am gathering as many people who are willing and able to help me to save my sister and the academy. I would like it if you were able to help also." Embah turns to Jasper, "It is good to see you again, please come and join us inside. We must find the answers in the books and I fear time is running out." Embah turns to enter the inn but pauses for a moment heaeing a voice that is only hers to hear before continuing into the inn to resume going through the books.

*Embah*
Ceiridd Lucksted

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:54 pm

" I fear the omens this crow brings. Birds of this type have always been associated with the darkest of magics. Is this something we want represented in the fixing of the academy? "

Jasper does not follow the others, but remains outside, staring at the six foot crow.

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Lia has remained behind Embah, keeping silent but watching the giant crow. Hearing Embah's words she wonders how best to express her unease at casually inviting a stranger to the ritual, especially one who wore a shape that resembledd the Harbinger of Death. She then reprimands herself for judging so quickly, for thinking like the very people she had left her home to get away from. To judge a bird - or bird-man - by his feathers was wrong. She is still puzzled by Embah's apparent willingness to trust a complete stranger so quickly however. "Are you sure this is wise Embah? To involve a complete stranger in a ritual where it is likely we will all need to work together to avoid catastrophe?" Lia then turns to the crow and addresses it "Please understand I mean no offence, but in such dangerous times as these I find myself far less trusting of others I meet than I would prefer to be. I seek only to keep those I care about safe" She steps back to allow others to move past her, although she continues to face the crow in case it wishes to respond.

*Lia*

Return to “The War of Ages”