Outside the academy...

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Edd

Outside the academy...

Postby Edd » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:56 am

A picturesque scene. A graceful elf, long flowing hair, graceful robes, curved bastard sword held above his head, beautiful etchings running down the blade, preparing to bring it down on his enemy. The elf's foe, a majestic beast, powerful yet graceful, strength eminating from it's natural prowess. The great bear stood on its haunches, paw raised as to strike the elf. The scene could be one of those from a story, or a painting......

But it wasn't. It was real. The bear and elf frozen in time...only their eyes moving, darting from side to side. The elf managed to calm himself, relaising what has happened, but the bear's eyes flashing from side to side in panic, having no understanding of what's gone on...below them, something scrawled deep into the dirt with a sword blade:

Look what you started....tsk tsk tsk.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

dainul

Re: Outside the academy...

Postby dainul » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:54 pm

David walks into the clearing. He'd been trying to find his way back to the young elf's grave when he happened upon the scene. He recognises the effect immediately, and also the scene of what was happening. His first reaction is to scan the area, and he circles the clearing to satisfy himself that the Enders are not present before he moves to the Elf and bear. He steps between them, paying no heed to the writing on the floor. He can guess its message without being able to read.

"It won't help, you know." He says to the immobile Elf. "It won't bring her back." He leans back against the bear, using it as a resting post as he looks at the Elf, sympathy and sorrow both evident on his face. "The one that killed her is dead, I saw to that with my own blade. I..." he catches his breath on the beginnings of a sob of his own. "I don't have the words to say how much I wish I could have been quicker for her. I know what it is to loose a daughter. I know too damned well what it is, but this..." his eyes are red rimmed by now, and he blinks them quickly. "Did seeing the corpse of the beast that killed her make you feel any better? How many others have you killed? Did they ease your pain?" He pauses again to steady his breath. "I still remember, you know. I remember coming back into port, and seeing the smoke lingering over the town. I remember the faces of the people on the quayside. They knew, but they couldn't bring themselves to tell me. I knew something had happened, so I ran home. I remember seeing the door smashed in. I knew when I stepped round that frame what I'd see. But I still wasn't ready to see it. My daughter. My wife. Bandits had raided the town while I was at sea, and I got back too late." He wasn't looking at the Elf by now, but gazing at a point a hundred miles away and a brief year ago. "I remember when they brought the bandits in, those that surrendered. I watched, watched as the men responsible for taking away my family were strung up to die. I thought that it might help, that it might ease the pain I felt. But as I watched them I just felt numb. Do you feel that? Like everything done just dragged me back to that doorway again and again. With every snap of the rope going taut, I was there again." He looks up to the Elf's eyes.

"I'm not going to leave you here. But please. Don't let this take you over. If there's life left for me, there's life left for you." He stands and puts a hand on the Elf's shoulder, holding it there in a gesture of comfort and support before, without warning, he shifts that hand up to support the Elf's wrist and punches him squarely in the chest.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Jasper approaches, having fallen slightly behind to stay with Lia. He appears on edge, but determined.

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Lia is close behind Jasper and approaches the clearing just in time to see David punch the elf. Momentarily shocked, she almost immediately grasps the reason, helped perhaps by the sight of the still-immobilized bear. She winces at the impact, but waits, not wanting to interfere, but ready to render her aid if it is needed. She does glance nervously around before quickly returning her attention to the centre of the clearing, still feeling a touch of apprehension at the thought of the creatures responsible.

*Lia*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:37 pm

**As David's fist collides with the elf's chest, his eyes open wide for a second with the pain, he takes a sharp intake of breath before collapsing into David's arms, unconscious.**

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:05 pm

David lets the elf slump for a second as he diverts his attention to deflecting the falling sword away from the paralysed bear with an armoured forearm. In a list of all the things he doesn't need right now, a crazed, terrified bear ripping his back open features quite prominently. Then he hauls the elf back up and turns to look for Lia. Spotting her and Jasper nearby, he begins to carry the elf over.

"Thought he'd be tougher than that." he says as he gets closer.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:45 am

" He could be, they seemed to delight at wearing us down even when frozen. "

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Lia quickly reaches into her healer's pouch as David brings the unconscious elf over. "I have no gift remaining to me, but I still have these" she says, producing a neatly rolled bandage, "they are not ordinary bindings; they have special alchemical properties that will revive him." She is wrapping the bandage around the wound as she speaks

(OOC: These are the bandages that were on sale at the beginning of the adventure; Heal 1 damage point to applied area when first used. This one is until now unused)

*Lia*

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Anyone looking back along the path sees a figure moving through the trees. After a few minutes Vaerya appears. She pauses, watching what is happening for a few minutes before coming foward.
can they not be revived as the others were?
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:38 pm

Lia looks around quickly at the sound of a voice. Seeing Vaerya she relaxes slightly "David has freed this elf from immobility, but he collapsed. He lives still, but is unconscious; I am hoping this" and she indicates the bandage, "will help by treating the wound; it is one of those with enhanced healing power." She looks down, anxiously scanning the elf's face for signs of life. "We also of course have the bear to think about, and those other folk we discovered before those Things" she shudders, "attacked us."

*Lia*

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 pm

Jasper comes over and leans over the elf. <Discern Nature of Wounds Level 2>

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Vaerya watches for a moment. I'll keep a lookout while you tend to the people here
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 pm

"Thank you" Lia glances up at Vaerya before returning her attention to the comatose air elf

*Lia*

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:22 pm

The bandage seems to seep into the wound but to little effect other than to stem the bleeding.

((on a DNW he is at 0 out of 1 to his chest))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:57 am

Lia sighs and sits back on her heels. "It's not enough; if only I were not so drained. Jasper, do you have any Gift remaining to you? In fact, do either of you?" she adds, looking towards David and also Vaerya

*Lia*

Return to “The War of Ages”