Outside the academy...

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Re: Outside the academy...

Postby dainul » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:36 am

David doesn't respond immediately. This was roughly what he'd expected. Words weren't going to dissuade the elf, only the realisation that killing every bear in the world would not change what has happened. And that is something that neither words nor force can bring to the elf, he can only come to that realisation himself.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:23 am

" Lia, get away from there! " Jasper shouts, aware that although Lia isn't directly in the path between the elf and the bear, she is rather too close for comfort.

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Vaerya starts back from where she had been keeping watch, not sure whether to try and stop the elf.
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Lia hears Jasper's warning shout and moves, but not away from the bear. Instead she moves closer to it, standing close enough to touch it as the elf bears down on her. She holds out her empty hands, palms upwards in a gesture any elf would recognize as a sign the one making it offers respect. She knows who this elf is, recognizing him from earlier that day, now maddened by grief. Knowing the answer to her question already, she nonetheless voices it.

Lia takes a deep breath and in a voice loud enough for all in the clearing to hear, but a tone that suggests curiosity mixed with mild concern rather than the fear one might expect, she looks right into the elf's eyes and asks him "Why are you attacking this bear?"

*Lia*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Vaerya stands close to Lia, apparantly ready to protect her, but keeping her hands away from her sword.
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Jasper starts to move slowly, as unthreateningly as possible, trying to regain line of sight with the bear, closing the range so that if it gets hit - he can launch a repulse at it.

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:13 pm

**The elf meets Lia's eyes. Anger and pain swirl within his gaze as he shakes with frustration and barely held back rage.**

"Why do you think. You saw our child's broken body, you killed bears yourselves. We are exacting our revenge, as our customs dictate. Step aside or you will be marked along with them."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

dainul

Postby dainul » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:36 pm

David takes a couple of steps forwards. "Lia, please don't make me draw a blade to protect you."

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Lia remains where she is, returning the elf's glare with a level look. "Your child was avenged, by us, as you already know. The creature that killed him/her is dead, which you also know, for we told you. I am not trying to deny you your grief, or your anger, but I am not going to stand by while you butcher every bit of wildlife in this forest in the process of finding out that it won't make you feel any better. Go home and look after your loved ones; they need you, and I did not revive you so that you could get yourself killed by what lurks in this forest, for they are far worse than any beast. If you are so far lost to what is right that you are willing to strike me down as I stand here unarmed before you, that is your choice, and for your conscience."

She does not look over at David, keeping her eyes on the elf, but it is clear her next words are for him, "I am making the choice that my conscience demands and whatever the consequence, I will face. What you choose to do is between you and Your conscience, so help me or choose otherwise, but do not try to give me guilt. If you believe me wrong then walk away, for I will Never ask anyone to protect me from the consequences of my choices"

*Lia*

(OOC: Lia didn't actually say 'him/her', but OC I cannot recall 2-months-plus on if said child was a boy or girl. If someone can let me know, I will edit accordingly)
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Edd

Postby Edd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:15 pm

"I did not ask you to revive me, I have accepted my fate. I have entered the dance of death, I have taken the sacred oath. If you stand in my way, I will strike you down. Or I will be struck down. This is your last warning, give your life for the bear if you must, if your beliefs place you that way, but do not think for a moment that I will not remove your head from your shoulders. There is no wrong or right any more, there is just death. Mine. The beasts. Yours. This is the oath of death, of vengeance, of justice."

The elf hefts his blade, it is clear that Lia has a moment to make her choice.

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Seeing the eld was going to attack, David starts to run forwards. He doesn't even bother drawing his sword, just puts his weight behind his shield and charges to cover the groundas quickly as he is able.

((I doubt I'll get there before the elf swings, but I'm going for flattening the elf with Strength 2 when I can get there.))

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Jasper shifts the target of his preparing repulse spell from the bear to the air elf and incants briefly
" By the powers of Meta-Magic REPULSE"
flinging his magic out at the onrushing elf.

<Jasper>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:18 pm

The elf is flung back by Jasper's spell, but after flying the ten foot, he braces himself and charges again, eyes just as wild with anger, rage and insanity.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:50 pm

<hopefully that bought enough time for David's shield barge to connect before the elf strikes lia>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:44 pm

The elf once again bounces away rom the group, as he rolls away from David's shield charge. He howls with anger and frustration, and in his rage he thrusts his hand towards Lia. He clenches his fist as he incants:

"By the oath I have sworn, I bid that chain mail be shattered!"

Lia's armour crumbles to dust at his words.

"By the power of my people and the blood oath I have sworn, I smite thee down with a lightning strike!"

Lightning flies from the elf's fingers, dancing around David and Jasper to strike the light elf in the chest, sizzling through her body at once where her armour once protected her.

Return to “The War of Ages”