Infirmary

For IC events around The War of Ages Campaign. Do not post here with characters unless they are part of the Campaign

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Stevie

Infirmary

Postby Stevie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:07 pm

**The large wooden doors are barred by a squad of 6 large men, students have amassed from all over the campus, and wait just outside.. already, a large shower of flowers and cards lay in the corner just outside the door.**

"Please, students, we do not know anything.. believe us, when we do know anything, we will tell you. The matron is hard at work here, please keep noise down, they can likely hear you through the doors."

Ceinwen

Re: Infirmary

Postby Ceinwen » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:57 pm

A sudden chill fills the corridor as Shkye approaches. Seeing the gathering of students, she knows something is wrong she quickly pushes her way past the students, an easy task as the students quickly move out of the way to avoid her icy cold touch.
Shkye stands before the guards an open book in her hands, the pages blank except from the words;
HELP ME..

Shkye stares at the doors of the infirmary her face empty of emotion.

If the headmaster dies what becomes of the academy?

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:45 pm

The guard on the left opens his mouth, but is interrupted by a loud crash further down the corridor as a young student collapses. The guards look over Shkye's shoulder and immediately start to rush over to what they've seen, picking the girl off the floor. Her face looks pale, seeming to lack all colour. The young boy with her reaches upwards holding her hand, his face almost as pale as hers.

She's been feeling Ill for about 3 hours now, and she keeps looking like she's going to fall asleep.. I made sure she ate and everything, I don't know what's wrong, so I tried to take her here. There's some other ill people too, but I couldn't take them all.. they're in the common room.

The guards look at each other with a worrying expression.

"When's the last time you went outside?"

"Erm.. yesterday I think.. but why does that matter, my sisters Ill.

One of the guards makes sure his counterpart can securely hold the girl before moving to one of the side doors in the corridor that leads outside. He opens it, which lets a cold wind inside that chills to the bone. He meets the other guards eyes before attempting to walk outside. His feet seem to shuffle slowly before stopping at the edge of the door, seeming to lose all focus. His outstretched arms seem to meet some invisible source that he pushes against.

"We need to inform the matron.. immediately."

They begin to carry the girl inside the infirmary with the small boy tagging along, taking a look at Shkye as they past.

"This, is what happens."

They open the door to the infirmary, nurses moving from bed to bed quickly, and a large gathering around a particular one. The guards place the girl down on a bed before moving over the an older woman wearing distinguished medical garbs.

"Matron, we need every single nurse you have, as soon as possible, we're in lockdown."

The matron steps aside from the crowded bed, which allows a brief look at what appears to be the headmaster, his skin pale, features wearied.

"Look around you, I have 17 nurses on duty at this moment, 7 of them are in beds here being treated. I don't know what this is.. I can't help the headmaster.. I will try to spare what I can, but if we can't help the headmaster here, this place will fall. I'm out of my depth, every single thing I've tried hasn't helped at all.

**The book in Shkyes hand begins to shake softly at first, before gaining momentum and fluidity. Crude etchings can be made out, as if someone was writing in the book.. it reads. Tersus Vir**

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Skhye moves forward to offer help but stops suddenly as the book begins to shake in her hands her mouth opens in shock as the words appear. After staring intently at the words for a few minutes she flicks through the empty pages of the book to see if anything else has appeared and checks the cover of the book for the title.

She stops one of the guards,

Excuse me, Do you know what Tersus Vir means?

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:13 pm

The guard looks at her with a completely blank expression.

"I have absolutely no idea what the hell that is, and to be honest with you, there's a lot more important things going on now than your study.."

He moves back towards the matron, starting to take off his heavy armor.

"What can I do to help..?"

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Frustrated by his responce Shkye follows the guard her voice raised slightly in anger.

This isn't about my studies! This could be really important...

She stops as she feels the book vibrating gently in her hands once more, she stands motionless fixated by the writing appearing on the page, reading each word as it appears, somehow knowing that this was the answer, possibly the only way to save the headmaster and with him the whole academy. It does not take her long to reach the last page, or at least the last page with writing... There was something missing, she flicks through the pages again hoping that more words would appear but the remaining pages stay blank, closing the book she turns quickly leaving the infirmary, it was time to gather the other heroes. Leaving the infirmary she heads down the corridor, reaching the main entrance she pulls open the door an walks into what feels like an invisible wall.
She steps back in surprise, holding her arms out in front of her she pushes against the invisible barrier.

The headmaster is dying, everyone within the academy is getting ill and probably going to die along side the headmaster, and now she was trapped with them. She takes a deep breath pushing back the rising sense of panic. Closing her eyes she concentrates calling out to her sister with words of warning, before turning and walking back into the infirmary and approaching the guard she was talking to before.

What magic is sealing the academy?

Are we all trapped here?

Shkye

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:01 am

The guard sighs a little.

"This is an academy of magic. Almost anyone who posses any capability to use essence studies here.. it's a rare gift, and that's why this place was built. This academy *is* a place created with essence.. and it was created here all those years ago because this is where the well was. The academy is a living thing and right now it *is* dying, and the reason for that is lying in front of you on that bed. The professor is being attacked by something, something we have no idea what to do with.

The guard paces, holding his forehead and frowning a little.

"This academy tries to protect it students, those that study here and live here share a connection with this place. Something it seems you have picked up also.. in times of struggle the academy has protected it's students and given some of it's power to them, to aid them. Now it seems like the academy is in as much of a state as the Professor, whatever is attacking the professor is using his connection to the academy to harms us all here. This is all Judd, why the hell did the professor have to go after that mad man. Should've never taken him in.

The guard sits down, head in his hands. Shaking in his realisation.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Shkye kneels beside the guard placing a comforting arm on his shoulder,

Its okay, Everything is going to be okay we will fix this.

She holds the book out in front of him.

Look, I think the headmaster is trying to help us through the books. The words on these pages talk about Tersus Vir, some kind of cleansing ritual. I think it is from a book the headmaster read, a book that was probably in the academy, but there is something missing, maybe something the headmaster can't remember or something that was missing from the original book...
Either way I think this is important and maybe the only way to save him. Could you tell me who may know about Tersus Vir? Or who has the most knowledge on rituals of this kind?

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:15 pm

"If that book has come from the headmaster, then that must be it. I don't think there's anyone more knowledgeable about things like this other than the headmaster. What does it say? Has it got a cure?

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Yes.. I think so... Im not sure I completely understand it yet. Its a ritual that needs to be preformed to cleanse his illness.. But like I said there's something missing.. Its incomplete and from what i know about rituals is that they can be dangerous if not preformed correctly.

I know its an invasion of his privacy but do you think I could see the books inside the headmasters office?
It might help.

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:41 pm

You'd have to speak to the aide there.. I don't have any kind of authority where that's concerned. Considering the situation, I don't think it would be a problem.. if it could help.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Okay, Thank you for your help.

She stands up and leaves heading towards the headmasters office.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Shkye walks slowly through the corridors and hesitates when she reaches the door to the infirmary, she closes her eyes trying to block out reality, trying to push back the feelings of dread and despair that have grown so strong inside her. The lives of everyone in the academy rested in the hands of her and her friends, it was too much to ask... If they were to fail everyone would die. She slowly steps backwards away from the door and backing herself up against the wall. Shkye had always tried to be brave, always wanting to what the right thing but this was too much, the risks were too high and she was letting her doubts and fears get the best of her.
Her breath becomes short and shallow as the panic rises inside of her no longer able to control herself, her body begins to shake and tears stream from her eyes, the book drops from her hands and she collapses to the floor beside it as she gasps for breath

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 pm

Much later, immediately following the party's return from Tersus Vir, Lia approaches one of the nurses tending patients. "How are they?" she asks, indicating the rows of beds and those in them, "Can I help at all?"

*Lia*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Return to “The War of Ages”