Nathaniel - Alchemist

For ALL crafting of items and potions

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Nathaniel - Alchemist

Postby bedevere » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:02 pm

Find below a full (near enough) list of all that can be made by myself. Prices are listed as standard. Some might get a discount, some might get charged more. Note that I am a law abiding individual, and will not trade poisons within the lands of the Haran, or indeed any other legally restricted substances. If you buy them from me in an area that permits them, and then travel elsewhere, then any legal consequences are entirely your own to worry about.

5 Ravas will get you one potion/gel from the following list, with a 100% success rate.

Vitaea or Soul potions, 4 doses.
Cure Disease
Cure Poison
Enhance Sense
Mana 6
Reflect (rank 3)
Scent Neutraliser
See invisibility
Shield of the Elements (rank 2, specify type when ordering)
Shield of Purity / Darkness (rank 4)
Alchemy
Decay / Rust
Detect Magic (makes anything magical within a 1 square foot area glow with a blue light for 5 minutes)
Elemental Dart (specify type when ordering)
Entangle
Mist
Reintegrate
Reforge
Repair
Rockskin
Bleed
Deafness
Fear
Halt
Scent Inhibitor (Destroys targets sense of smell for 2 minutes)
Endurance
Invisibility
Numbing Elixir (makes you immune to emotion effects for 5 minutes)
Rockskin (2)
Cure Zombie Bite
Regeneration (3 hits worth of healing that will wait until 5 seconds after you are injured, point by point. They last until needed, even if this is years after you drink it. Unique.)

The following list costs 5 ravas per attempt of making from it, with a success rate of 80%. For each item successfully made, an additional 5 ravas is required.

Elemental Immunity (Specify element when ordering)
Haste
Reflect (Rank 6)
Revitalise
Strength
Shield of the Elements (Rank 4. Specify element when ordering.)
Elemental Enhancement (Specify element when ordering.)
Elemental Bolt. (Specify element when ordering.)
Freeze
Heat Metal
Quicksand
Blindness
Sleep
Paralyse Limb
Thirst (Infinite Soul)
Weakness
Total Heal. (Costs an additional 5 ravas per successfully made potion. Unique)

The following list requires 8 ravas per attempt, with a success rate of 60%, and an additional charge of 8 ravas per each successfully made potion is made.

Black Frenzy powder immunity
Holy Water (Allows drinker to ignore one physical hit of their choice, within 1 hour.)
Mana potion (Restores 12 essence to the drinker)
Might
Magic Immunity (Complete immunity to magic for 5 minutes, and healing for 30 minutes.)
Reflect (Level 9)
Shield of the Elements (Rank 6. Specify element when ordering.)
Disintegrate
Elemental Strike (Specify element when ordering)
Inferno
Remove Petrification
Rockskin (3)
Agony
Dumbness
Enrage (Infinite soul)
Essence Burn
Paralysis
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: Nathaniel - Alchemist

Postby Will » Thu May 21, 2009 1:41 pm

Just to remind people to get their orders for the weekend done on here before Saturday.
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu May 21, 2009 3:11 pm

Can this be done via PM, so that everyone on the forums can't see what we're buying? I don't want everyone to know that Aquilla is stocked up on paralysis poisons...
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu May 21, 2009 3:15 pm

thats what i did ;-)
............................................................................Image

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 pm

If it actually gets done... yes...
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu May 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Awesome, I'll just finish chatting to my God, then I'll give Nathaniel a visit :)
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:06 pm

The following rules changes have occurred which affect the potions Nathaniel offers.

Soulless potions now work as with Regeneration potions, except for soul, not physical hits. This means that if you drink one, you have 3 points of soul healing that will activate five seconds after your soul is damaged. They are used only as much as are needed, and there is no time limit on this healing, so it can be dormant for years, before you use it.

Secondly, and the one that people are likely to be more interested in, Mana potions. These are back to their original complexity levels, but there is now a limit of one potion per threshold per person. Of course, this means that higher level potions are more useful, but they naturally cost more, and have a higher change of failure.

Anyone caught getting someone else to drink a potion then share power will be stamped on heavily by the refs, of course. The balance of nature is not so easily fooled, neither is the measure of a hero so easily circumvented.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Comment withdrawn now I'm a bit less stressed.
Last edited by spsblue on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:13 pm

Pardon? How do you get that from the previous post? Do you mean mana potions? The amount they cost for what they do, it's hardly game breaking. Some people had more money than sense, and spent a years worth of money on them at once, yes, but they could have spent it on something permanent. They didn't, and after one adventure when they cast more spells, they had nothing to show for it.

Even a starting character can afford these potions, so I don't see how they widen the gap at all. On any adventure, the people playing are equal, or thereabouts. Their threshold should certainly be equal, so how is there any problem with this?

As for saying it will make things harder to take non Saga characters out? huh? I'm sorry, but I simply don't see any connection there at all...

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:41 pm

"but there is now a limit of one potion per threshold per person." doesn't that mean that if you are below the first threshold you can't use them.

And characters playing are only equal because those that have low level characters that would just die either die (like stevie's) or are more sensible and have IC reasons not to go. This is why I end up monstering so much.

The sudden surge in average player skill after saga means that those that didn't go are worse off. I don't have a week or the money to spend.

Also it appears that the Demon-Warewolf adventure did happen.... the last thing I was told was that it had been rescheduled and a different adventure would happen then. Then my car wasn't fixed fast enough and I couldn't get a lift to monster.

Sorry, I guess I'm just rather stressed at the moment.

And a bit annoyed that it seems there has been a silent major reorganisation at the club according to the forum ranks. <---- This was the forum playing up, not actual changes.
Last edited by spsblue on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:48 pm

spsblue wrote: that would just die either die (like stevie's) or are more sensible and have IC reasons not to go.

I lol'd, I die often, but I always enjoy myself.. It doesn't present a problem to me in that sense.

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:52 pm

The first threshold is also a threshold. I.E. starting is a threshold. I assumed it's fairly obvious we'd never say "low level characters can't drink". This actually disadvantages the people with more money, hence trying to balance the system back the other way to where you are implying.

I'm very sorry you can't come to Saga's, I am genuinely saddened that you can't make it. But they are a big thing, and massively enhance the club as a whole, and yes, they will increase the gap. But we are planning a weekend event next year, which should be more affordable.

I said that things were being resheduled and to keep an eye on the bookings. I said which ones had been cancelled but talked about no others. If you had let us know before 11:15 that you needed collecting, we would have arranged it. I appreciate you might not have known before this time, but we really couldn't do much about it by that point...

I have no idea what's going on with the forums atm, and I'm looking into it, and if I find it's someone doing it deliberately, all their privileges will be stripped. There were some decisions made at a ref meeting recently that are a bit significant, and were announced on the adventure, but I haven't gotten around to putting them up here yet.

I am really very sorry that you feel bad at the moment Andy. You have always been a very loyal and reliable member of the club, who I have always valued greatly. But please don't jump to conclusions like this...

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:55 pm

Fixed, it was Sentinel settings being changed... will delve further...

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Sorry everyone. Yeah, I did kind of jump to a conclusion didn't I, and that was a silly mistake - of course the low levels would still be able to use a potion - and I see what you mean now about balancing the other way.

About the timing on the call, yeah I didn't know until 11:20 that it wasn't done. I was thinking I'd be collecting the car then and thus could have made it to monster at least. I do appreciate your lifts in the past and was only ringing on the off-chance - not seriously expecting it to be possible.

I've always thought the power curve in pargon was too steep - and for new starting characters on saga to end up 60 skill when I've never got that high in several years worth of playing, just seemed unfair. I really enjoyed WOA because of the danger and the lower power levels and the more equal player party. But hey, this won't stop me supporting the club, whether monstering or playing.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:57 pm

Thank you Andy.

Yeah, I do appreciate the boosting thing has caused a lot of contention. To clarify though, it was only temporary skill to allow them to be effective and enjoy Saga, and was taken away afterwards. It wont be happening like it did this year again though.

We are lucky to have a large number of people willing to run adventures, which means that we are able to provide a variety of things for everyone, so yay, Edd and Stevie aren't as terrible at reffing as I thought they might be :)

Return to “Crafting”