Crafting - A question

For ALL crafting of items and potions

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Hatsuo1980

Crafting - A question

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Should crafters be able to put spells into items of spells they do not know?

If so, why?

Discuss :-)
............................................................................Image

Hatsuo1980

Re: Crafting - A question

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Further more, should crafting of once ever items only be half the price of once per day items - especially considering the lack of funds that come out of adventures.
............................................................................Image

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:17 pm

well in forging magical items ive always looked at it as an art form, not sure how its has been seen in pargon, but this is my view, take from it what you would

with the forging of the item, maybe it would be possible for a skilled crafter to work along side a caster who knows the specific spell he or she is after and tame or entrap the magic within the forged item. of course they would be able to weave powers they know themselves into the items.
though i do think that say a skilled crafter could with the assistance of a skilled caster put spells the caster knows into the item by working together on the forging, possibly taking longer as the crafter would have to prepear the item to recive the power and then take the caster through enchanting it.

think of it like socets in wow, he makes the space in the item to have the possibiliy of the power, and either the crafter or someone else could fill it with co-operation, thats my view anyway

love the idea of a crafter working hard on an item and an irritating caster bouncing around inpatiently to implant their magic ^^
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Ballisticginger

Postby Ballisticginger » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:02 pm

I thought it was simply a matter of creating a magical construct that focused the magic of the jewel in such a way that it casts the desired spell, they crafter need not know or have the power to cast that spell just the knowledge to craft that particular magical construct, though they produce the same affect they are very different things, a craftsmen can make pool balls without being able to play pool.
Valido Vero- dead /cry :(
Mark O'Rly- wannabe mercenary
Aska- scribe
Thadius- you will learn to hate him Oh-So-Much

campaign character: Pelli Ferro (jehovern healer/highmage) 'severed and survived!'

a gnome in the shadow plane kills you!

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:00 am

Yes, because part of the cost is assumed to be finding someone who can help. Hence why it's easier for crafters who know the spell.

Cause I'm clever innit.
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Return to “Crafting”