On an ordinary day...

Official in character announcements about background and plot - Only refs can start threads here!

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

On an ordinary day...

Postby bedevere » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:44 pm

*The minds of every human of the four tribes is invaded by a sudden pain, perhaps one that some did not expect to feel again. The pain persists for almost a minute before fading just as quickly.

Within minutes, people across the continent are talking of what this signifies. The Haran has performed the ritual of election again, but what does this signify?

((OOC. Could anyone who plays a human character who is a member of any of the four tribes please PM me who their character would honestly believe to be the best Haran of that tribe. The restrictions of who you choose are as follows.

1. Must be a member of the tribe in question.
2. Must not be currently outlaw.
3. Does not need to be a PC. If your character does not know anyone they consider capable enough, then "An NPC" is a perfectly fine response, either a specific NPC, or a nameless 'someone' your character would presumably know.
4. The current Haran is not considered a candidate for the purposes of this election.
5. "Nobody" is an acceptable answer, if you believe your character would not even know a suitable NPC.
6. You may only vote for a tribe of which you currently play a character from. Each character may vote once. No characters created after the posting of this will be permitted a vote, to avoid election fraud. :)

All votes should be sent by PM, as this is meant to be entirely secret. If you know someone who doesn't check the boards much, then let them know, to speed this up. Once enough people have given me their answers, I will reveal the Haran's actions based on who the people believe should lead them. :twisted: ))
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Blue mage

Re: On an ordinary day...

Postby Blue mage » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Presumably, for obvious reasons, this does not include dead characters, but what about undead or Hopestarved?
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:03 pm

Undead are considered dead as well. Hopestarved are not members of a tribe, so can neither vote nor be voted for.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Just a reminder that no one IC knows Derwent is actually dead (except through use of rituals or Inquiry or similar information spells) his body is not on Velmanath.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:30 pm

People do not need to know. The ritual does, and therefore anyone who considers him the best choice, they would effectively be asked their second choice.

Essentially, using out of character knowledge to say 'xxx isn't allowed, so who is my best choice who is allowed' is fine. Encouraged, even.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:49 pm

Fine, just thought I'd clarify that.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Votes have been a little scarce so far. Anyone who has not done so, could you please vote as soon as reasonably possible? There is plot coming from this, obviously, and I'd like to give everyone their fair chance to influence it, but it can't wait forever.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:13 pm

There aren't that many characters that I know of that qualify for a vote - especially as WOA is a separate timeline.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:19 pm

Yes, but there are more than have voted, I hope. For a start, I hope there is at least one active Jehovren in game at the moment... :)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Dom's Jehoveren character (that plays Boing and Vajel), which is the only one which jumped to mind - priest of drunkenness (can't spell the Gods name).
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Return to “Background and Plot”