World Plot: Faith Restored

Official in character announcements about background and plot - Only refs can start threads here!

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

World Plot: Faith Restored

Postby Ben » Sun May 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Somewhere around halfway between noon and sunset on the 8th Maya 160, followers of many of the gods feel that link broken. Within moments this is followed with great pain as Despair reaches into the hearts of the followers of Hope, Gerethanax, Mektar, Yashmanar, Raime and Luthir. Those of the Church of the Tempered Steel feel their god pounded into the ground, laughing as he goes. Quarin's undead seem to just stop in place as their master falls. The followers of Despair seem unbothered by the death of their lord, perhaps they are crying on the inside.

As suddenly as the pain arrived it was replaced, first with relief and then with jubilation. Across the world all those with faith feel their gods no longer walk amongst them: they have ascended back to their rightfaul place, the realm of Faith restored.

Somewhere in the realm of faith sits a long table and at it sit the gods. Lenanuki is restored, Eremethal replaced and a new (somewhat reinforced) seat exists for The Golem. At the head of the table, the seat of Eremine no longer sits empty for now it is the seat of Lazar: steward of balance and neutrality.

This is all a metaphor but if it existed then Eternity's seat, if she ever had one, remains empty.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Phil.Priest

Re: World Plot: Faith Restored

Postby Phil.Priest » Fri May 14, 2010 12:22 pm

At the rising of Lazar's supermecy over the other Gods a malicious smile forms on the bronze face, all gathered knew that the Balance had shifted toward the dark... and yet all knew that the more immoral deities would not always benefit, He would not always favour them with power and success otherwise they would gain power to over throw him.

And so an uneasy balance came into existence, one that would lean toward the cruelty, one that would favour His mortal followers, one that would punish those that went against him.

A week passes and a change at the table occurs, at the head of the table are three chairs. The raised central one obviously His in its dominant position, to the right one which is marked with his Queens' symbols and ideology, to the left in the weakest position one which everyone recognises as Eremines'.

Things of importance were discussed, for this was
their haven, and the mortals had gained entry and destroyed it, never again. the one who had risen to primacy over them spoke, He had removed all vestiges of power they had upon the mortal realm, their divine artefacts were rendered powerless, at this announcement a shocked silence entered the hall, then outrage as some thought He would use that power to equip himself, the Sun God smirked toward the Golem... everything that occured here was due to his blessing of free will.

Unconcerned with the petty complaints as He held the upper hand, an explanation followed. Never again would any of them fall so far from grace that they would become mortal. With a wave of His hand and a dark smile a small star appeared behind each of the gathered Gods, a ripple of panic and then each of them realised that the star held a part of their power... the part that He had removed from the mortal realms.

Over the coming months that power would grow, a doorway forming here which only one of Divine Power could pass through, on the other side Planes of Power which reflected each Gods. Some already had them, such as Eclipse... the Realm of Dreams would be returned to him, all of them would gain such a plane to keep their power and immortality... With this He knew He had them, none of them would step out of place if the punishment meant loosing their Plane.

Lazar, Lord of the Lords, gave each of them a warning, to defend their new planes, as surely as they will continue to worship them the mortals would find a way into them...
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun May 16, 2010 8:26 pm

A malicious smirk crossing the face of Despair

Let them come to MY realm. I will show any who enter the true nature of despair. Their fears shall be manifested and they shall know the true meaning of suffering.

He glances over at his sister

With the passing of Hope's Paladin and High Priest, Hope has fled the mortal world. Now all shall know suffering, pain, torment and despair. My followers gather as we speak and they shall descend upon the world like a plague. Hope's 2 years are up, now my reign starts

Addressing Lazar

Ahhh so much more fun than Eremine

Despair clicks his fingers and a shadowy figure resmbling himself appears

Go, my mortal shell, go and make all suffer
............................................................................Image

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon May 17, 2010 12:12 pm

((By the way, are ALL the gods back? Ie: Levelas? O.o))
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon May 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Lavelas is under discussion... so at the current time, no.
Lazar, God of Darkness

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue May 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Hope remains serene and unruffled. When she speaks her voice is calm and assured.

"On the contrary, Dear Brother, my presence in the world is far from gone. My most loyal and devoted followers came to my call, but perhaps you were too busy gloating to notice.

Those on the mortal plane will always seek me and hold me to their hearts. All want to believe in better things to come, after all, that is what leads them to believe in the power of the divine."

Hope looks around the room, her eyes meeting those of all within before her gaze returns to her brother's cruel visage. It is clear that while she continues to address Despair, her words are meant for all to hear. "Those gathered here already know that you would take the hearts of their people and crush them, and thus make them yours alone. They also know that Hope in the hearts of their followers strengthens their devotion, their belief in the divinity they have chosen to serve. All here, Dear Brother, are wise enough to see that the presence of Hope makes their worshippers stronger and more fervent in their belief. Your poison serves only to destroy that belief, to drain their hearts and souls, until all that remains is an empty shell for you to claim. As Hope is a part of Faith, fostering and renewing it, even in the darkest times, so Despair is its enemy, draining it from others. That hollowness left behind when all else is lost, is what feeds you; emptiness is your sustenance and your power. You are the enemy of All

Hope once more surveys the assembled deities. Those who do not see that now, will learn its truth in the times to come. I know that your wisdom is great enough to understand what my brother's plans mean for you all. Guide well your followers on their chosen paths, for those who succumb to Despair are lost to you; to All of you.

As her eyes rest on Despair's newly-created avatar, Hope's radiance seems to grow brighter. Moments later a shimmering representation of herself stands beside her. "Go forth, my daughter; show all on the world below that Hope is with them, and always will be"
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Despair's malicious smirk remains

Oh yes, your most devoted follows. Where are they again? Oh yes THEY ARE DEAD. Furthermore, even in death your High Priest turns on you, accepting the power of a Vampire, a creature that feeds on the living, to help bring "Hope" to the hopeless. Oh the irony. Oh what truly loyal follows you have

Despair's smirk grows as he thinks of his sisters other followers

But then you do have Galantine and Marcus in the mortal realm, for now. Galantine, oh little Galantine. A soul formally bound to a demonic sword, a fragile creature ready to crack. All it needs is for him to be returned to his beloved sword. But for him that will be just the start, I have much ready for him. His suffering will be long and arduous. His pain will last an eternity as he rips souls limb from limb in my name

As for Marcus, he is close to following his true path, he is close to succumbing to my power, he is close to becoming my weapon on Velmaneth. And when he does he will hunt down every last one of your followers and turn them to the light of Despair. He will travel to Serke Kemi, where your temple shall be destroyed, he shall eradicate the very ideal of you in the mortal realm to such a point where your power shall be sustained simply by the believe your High Priest and Paladin have in you.

You really do not understand me, sister. These gods here, their followers, they are of no interest to me. Your followers are. I wish to take their followers no more than you have for the last 2 years. Oh wait, didn't you take a follower or two away from the Celestial Dragon in your time?

How interesting and somewhat hypocritical

And with that, Despair rested easy on his throne
............................................................................Image

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed May 19, 2010 9:21 am

Lazar looks at the squabbling pair and raises an eyebrow and slams his hand down on the table.

The both of you are being foolish; you are both willing to send a part of your power down to the mortal realms BEFORE YOUR POWER IS CONSOLIDATED HERE?

You, Lady, will recall your power and allow Despair his opportunity to gain ground, as he said, you have had two years over him.

And you, my Lord, will ensure your creature does not harm or attempt to convert any mortal which worships another of the Gods. If it does it will be as if you had attacked one of your own, and remind it that it is mortal, you do not have a plane in which it can reform... yet.

After his out burst the Throne is suddenly empty and a whisper echoes at his departure...

Be thankful I have other souls to punish.
Lazar, God of Darkness

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed May 19, 2010 10:49 am

OOC: Avatars may continued to be played as normal characters, but from now on, could players please refrain from posting as the actual Gods themselves :)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed May 19, 2010 8:19 pm

(ooc: because I don't know where to put this. What is happening with my character?? Lemrah this is, am I still the god of air? Can I play an avatar??)

Hold please...ref discussion ongoing...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:08 pm

The world of the Gods quakes as The Creator speaks her words of thanks to the mortals and as she fades from the mortal eyes she steps in to the Hall of the Gods. Eremine returns, her form shimmering and her ebony locks intertwined with white flowing down her back.

Lazar stands and bows, "Lady, your Throne awaits." In the next moment the room is reset, at the head of the table is Eremine's lone seat and Lazar, Lord of the Night remains stood in opposition to Asternia, Balance is restored and the Deep takes its true form, the Light is balanced, The Realm of the Deep Night touches the world as it always should have.
Lazar, God of Darkness

Return to “Background and Plot”