The Beginning of a New Hope

For events within the currently ruined Bastion of Hope

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Re: The Beginning of a New Hope

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:03 am

The feline dodges another demon's blow, staying close to this new human; maybe he is going to join the Pack.

"Kendra help human, human help Kendra! Lots of blood of demons!" she shouts over the noise of the battle giving a toothy grin as she slashes at the first of another demon wave.

*Kendra*
Last edited by BlueTressym on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Rob

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:52 am

As Aquilla quickly and efficiently dispatches demons a familiar sense of power quickly comes to him as an unarmed human phases into existance by his side. Seemingly un-phased by thecarnage around him, the human turns and addresses the elf.

Captin Perton Shillington reporting for duty sir! I've posted a select number of troops as look outs to our rear and hidden at the sides of the main assult. They have been given orders to report to you should they see a possible flanking manoeuvre and have been given the means to shift to you should the need arise. Some smaller demons did appear while I was giving orders, but thankfully they were of the lesser variety and were easilly dispatched by the men.

A large demon stalks up behind Perton and swings wildly down with a mighty two handed axe, but the blow is deflected by a white light, inches from the human's head. Perton is knocked a step forward under the weight of the blow, then spins to face the demon, ducking and weaving as it swings.

I appologise sir. The larger demons have an annoying nack of singling me out. I shall depart and try to lure them away from the main battle for a while.

With that he turns and strides away, begining to cast.

Lady hope and the powers of air, I call upon you to take me from here to there...

With that the figure is gone
Bringer of IC quotes:
"Pillage a Village" "MUNGO!!!" "I offer my blood" "EEEEEEeeeeee!!!" "Hitting a dog over the head with a meat bun"

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:50 am

Power eventually runs out... as it was in the heat of this battle. The powers of Life and Light were harder to cast here, in the very lands where Hope was lost. Until they could find a way to open a conduit of life to this place the magic would be harder to use... but at least that meant that the creatures here would, for the time being, be vulnerable to the rare magic.

Seeing no easy win for this the one remaining Tiste Liosan linked to Velmaneth and Hope began to set up a small alter, something more permanent would be erected soon, however at this moment a channel was needed. With effort a dedication was set...

Mistress hear us from this darkened place,
We call for aid to push back the night,
Mistress many here seek your loving embrace,
In to these 'Wastes we seek to bring the Light,

Beloved Mistress, this is dedicated for you,
Upon this path we embark,
Help those of goodly virtue,
Hinder those of the dark.

The protection complete a wave of white and silver erupts from where Hope's Emissary kneels, spreading for a mile in all directions, washing over the defenders and touching their very souls. For the abominations of this dark place, however, it burns, many of the smaller ones turn and flee, some of them even make it out of the range of the protection.

The larger creatures, more brawn than brain, continue to attack and yet their blows are weaker and every few minutes the light pulses and they cry out in pain.

Before long the combined attacks from the gathered push back the tide and the remaining few seek to escape. The light cascades over everyone still, healing wounds and soothing pains, at the centre many see the silver form of Kalist standing before a rough altar, a smile upon his lips he speaks briefly before collapsing... "It worked..."
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

dainul

Postby dainul » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Adding to the sound of the battle, but probably lost within it, a howl goes up from a tree in the middle distance. The elf is no longer an elf by the time it lands upon the ground, and it takes off away from the battle with a single-mindedness that sees it tear down several smaller demons that aren't quick enough in getting out of its way. Once it is far enough away from the source of the hateful light, the silver-furred wolf-creature slows and begins to circle around the perimeter again. It shrinks, and the fur recedes back to the blue-white skin, now darker and marked with stormy clouds. After a little time, it finds a suitable spot to lurk and ponder its next move, something it hasn't done for a long while. Long enough to forget how long, certainly.

It had clearly misunderstood the battle. It was not a hunt, but a battle for territory, and the smaller group was clearly stronger than it had seemed at first. The elf peers across the Wastes towards the ruined city. Somewhere within, there would be another elf, licking its wounds and celebrating its victory... how? The elf resolves, within what is left of its damaged mind, to wait and watch and confront that other elf as soon as it leaves the bounds of its territory. That other elf... it must know something, a key, perhaps, to a door in this elf's mind. Something is missing there, certainly. And it needs to know what the uncharted realms of its identity holds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the light washes out Reith is still fighting alongside the unknown feline with the inaccurate archer behind. At least the lad hasn't shot either of them in the back yet. As the demons stagger back, suppressed by the magic flowing outward, Reith takes the opportunity and presses forward, smashing one stunned demon as it reeled, then moving on into the weakened, demoralised horde. Before many more minutes had passed, Reith looks around the battlefield to see what remains of the demon horde retreating into the darkness, some falling as the magic strikes them down even as they run. He takes a moment to smile grimly at the sight, then slings his shield across his back, and turns to the feline.

"A worthy fight. Name's Reith, you?"
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:31 am

Kendra has been alongside this new human, moving to flank the demons, distracting them and occasionally finishing off ones downed by the human warrior's skill, or dealing with the smaller ones as the human tackled those greater in strength. As the wave of light hits she also leaps forward, slashing at any demon not retreating, or not quick enough to be out of the way. When the human turns to her she tilts her head curiously, studying him, and sniffs at the air, then wrinkles her nose. "I Kendra" she answers in response to his introduction. "Reith human?" She sniffs again, moving slightly closer to Reith, then kicks at a demon corpse close by. "Demons smell bad, confuse Kendra nose"

*Kendra*

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am

As the fight wages on a tall, stocky figure enters the fray. He is wearing lay upon layer of armour, reminiscent of the now ascended Golem. Half his face is somewhat glittery while the other is black like an Orc.

He slowly runs into a group of the demons, barging his way through, bashing demons aside with his shield in one hand while hacking at them with his sword in the other. As he cuts at the demons, he speaks ou to himself "hmmm I'm sure I used to hit harder than that"

A few demons surround him and he assumes a defensive stance (ooc: cautious), blocking there attacks and striking back but the occassional blow gets through. While fighting this small band he speaks out once more "I'm sure I used to be more resilient than this"

One of the demons throws a bolt of earth while another throws a bolt of darkness at the human, both striking and damaging his armour "hmmm I'm sure than never used to hurt".

He trundles over and dispatches the demons, being struck several times in the back causing him to bleed "hmmm I'm sure I used to be tougher than this"

He sits down briefly and bandages his chest before spotting a lone demon, he gets to his feet and assumes a position as if he is going to jump but barely gets 4ft "oh what. I know I used to be able to jump!!!"

flustered, he progresses towards the lone demon who tries to stop him moving where he stands "YOU WONT STOP FEDOR" he shouts (ooc: persistance) and drops his shield in favour of 2 blades but as he tries to swing with his left hand he drops the sword. Perplexed, he grabs the demon instead and smashes it to a pulp "right so I'm not tough, resilient, resistant to magic, able to leap or wield both my swords" he huffs "at least they can stop me moving" a faint smile crosses his face as he walks over to the main group....
............................................................................Image

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am

Reith looks somewhat surprised by Kendra's question. "Yes... I'm human." He peers at the cat, then looks around at the other gathered souls. "Any idea what's going on here?"

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Kendra's tail twitches slightly as she turns to look over at the remnants of the Bastion. "Kendra and Pack make that again" she says, standing on her tip toes and pointing towards the ruins. "Demons attack, we kill demons, then make that some more until it is done! Kalist-elf tell more." She scans around, seeking her Pack Leader. "Kalist-elf?" She turns back to Reith. Must find Kalist-elf, Pack leader! Thank you, Reith-human!" and with a tilt of her head and flick of her tail, she darts away."Don't die, Reith-human!" she calls back.

*Kendra*

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Reith looks over the ruins alongside Kendra. Rebuilding this place? And he'd just been thinking of scavenging from it. He smiles. "Sounds like a handful. Sounds interesting." As Kendra takes off, he shrugs and heads after her. He wants to find Kalist as well, particularly if the elf is in charge of this adventure.

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:32 am

Another howl rises from admist the timbre of battle, though this one with a distinctly different resonance to that of a were or even a beast-kin. It could almost have come from a human throat...almost that is. The source was another forcing his way through the press, a considerably large 2 handed mace being swung in broad arcs with a remarkable amount of agility for the size of the weapon. Thankfully he seemed to have taken the lighter path in whether by purpose or accident because he soon appeared making his way towards the main group. Now seen he appeared to be on first glance a canine beast-kin though he didn't carry himself with the low loping manner that many did. A hardened shell of leather armour covered his upper body though it looked a little loose and seemed rent in places where claws had got in quick. He was covered in minor scratches marring his fur with blood, though not all the blood present was his own and his grin as he got closer was decidedly cocky.
"Hey there pretty kitty.", he offered casually as he passed by Kendra, tossing her a wink.
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Reith glances over at the approaching figure, then smiles widely at him. "Greystreak!" He catches the wolf-man's arm and pulls him into a friendly embrace. "Haven't seen you in a while."

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Kendra glances round at hearing someone speak to her; seeing what appears to be an armed and armoured wolf-like creature, she yowls, her face showing stark fear for an instant before she vanishes behind the nearest cover (either object/terrain, or people). There she huddles, trying to quell her panic, clutching her sword tightly, knowing it will do little to protect her, and praying fervently to Eremethal

*Kendra*

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:27 pm

"Reith! You ended up down here to huh? Sorry to see it.", he offered, clasping the other and hugging him heartily before releasing him. He then glances to where the feline has gone to hide, chuckling softly, "Well geez, getting we're getting along like cats and dogs already."

He looks around then over the number assembled, "Whats with the big gathering? Something going down?"
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:35 pm

Reith looks around in the direction Kendra has run off to, then walks over towards her. "Hey. Calm down. Greystrek's alright." He pauses, then continues in a calm, reassuring tone. "You got killed by a wolf or something?"

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Kendra tenses as if to spring, then relaxes slightly as she sees Reith. She is breathing heavily and quite plainly afraid and trying to fight it down. "Midari! Human, then wolf. Kendra and others on island. No humans, or elfs, just animals. Then Midari come. Kill and make prisoners and hurt. Kendra and others hide and fight. Haze go to get help on main land. Midari hurt a little one, so Kendra go to help, but Midari taken magic away. Midari get and kill and now Kendra here in place of death. No sun, no air, sky wrong!"

She rattles all her words off at a rapid pace, then makes a cutting gesture at her throat. "Wolfs bad! wolfs hurt and kill to enjoy! Kendra not big and strong to fight, so hide" She then looks down at the ground, huddling against her shelter, then peering cautiously up at Reith. "Reith-human be careful. No want Reith-human die by wolf!"

*Kendra*

Return to “Bastion of Hope”