A Return

For events within the currently ruined Bastion of Hope

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Rob

A Return

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 am

The Bastion if Hope is void of emotion and colour. All is calm and quiet... As people go about rebuilding their new home a bright flash can be seen in the distance, followed by a dull thud.

Soon after, a voice can be heard loudly resonating with great power, filling all who can hear it with a sense of joyous hope, not felt before in the baron landscapes of the Wastes, not even in the Bastion. As the voice speaks, the sound seems to be heading towards the Bastion itself.

LADY GRACE, MY MISTRESS I EMPLORE THEE, YOUR HUMBLE SERVENT REQUESTS A BOON OF THEE ONCE MORE. AID ME IN MY TASK TO RIGHT THE WRONGS CAUSED WHILE SNUFFING OUT THE SHADOW OF DESPAIRE BROUGHT FORTH BY JONAS JUDD!

TOO MUCH WAS SACRIFICED BY THOSE UNAWARE OF THE CONCIQUENCES BROUGHT BY THE HARNESSING OF SUCH GREAT POWER TO DEFEAT THIS MIGHTY ENEMY. LADY HOPE I BEG OF THEE, MAY YOUR WISDOM AND GRACE SHINE DOWN UPON ALL THOSE WHO REMAIN HOPEFUL IN A PLACE MARRED WITH SUCH DARKNESS AND DISPAIRE!

The figure of Captain Perton Shillington can be seen coming over a ridge in the distance, marching closer. A shroud of brilliant white light encompasses the man, a mighty beacon of hope radiating throughout the Hope Wastes, uplifting the hearts of all.

Flashes of fire, shadow and death Can also be seen imploding and battering the human from all sides. The Captain falters and falls.

HOPE AID ME, GRANT ME YOUR STRENGTH!

A bolt of power erupts from the dark filled skies and for the briefest of moments everything fades away to a beautiful morning with the sun rising up from behind a mountain range. For an instant the bastion is filled with the warmth of a fresh summer’s morning... The vision fades...

The bolt streaks down smashing into the human figure and a blinding light flashes outwards knocking everyone off their feet. The howling pain of undead and demons can be heard from all around as people begin to pick themselves off the cold ground of the Wastes.

Another flash of light can be seen and the Captain flickers into existence just outside the bastion. A deep and terrible tearing sound can be heard as the wardings to the Bastion are torn asunder in the blink of an eye. Perton shakily stands and stumbles forwards.

NO! THIS MADNESS ENDS HERE! MY NAME IS PERTON SHILLINGTON, FAITHFUL OF OUR GRACIOUS LADY HOPE, CAPTAIN OF THE BRIGHT DAWN AND WEILDER OF THE ANCIENT POWERS OF THE WASTES. I COMMAND THESE POWERS, THE POWERS OF THE WASTES ARE UNDER MY CONTROL AND ARE BENT TO MY WILL.

INTO THE LIGHT THE GOODLY ARE WELCOMED, WITH THE LIGHT EVIL IS BANISHED!

As the Bright Dawn motto is called, the brilliant white light emanating from the Captain fades away and everything is calm and quiet once more. He drops down beside the two bodies of the fallen, weakly brings himself to his knees and begins to prey once more.

My Lady Hope your servant begs of you this final boon...

Mistress Hope I implore thee; undo the suffering and pain caused to these two through my actions. The sacrifice should not have been theirs to make and this terrible tragedy must be undone before it is too late!

I gladly and wholly submit myself to you my Lady; I throw myself down to your kindness and mercy. Let the broken bodies of these two heroes be mended and the shattered warding to this place be formed anew. My mind, my body and my very soul I sacrifice to you, my Lady and with this sacrifice I light the spark of life once more.

May the spirits of evil be banished from this place; there is no succour for them here. By my powers and the power of your love I call upon the spirits of these poor souls lying here to return to this place, their time is not yet come. Let them come and be reunited with their bodies lying here, return and live once more!

The body of Captain Perton Shillington slumps to the floor and a soft glow emerges and shines upwards. Slowly the light spreads out and surrounds the boundaries of the Bastion of Hope and a faint sigh of happiness can be heard, accompanied by a whisper.

May the blessings of our Lady Hope be with you always... Forever and ever.

A sharp intake of breath can be heard and the eyes of the red lizard and blue elf flicker open...
Bringer of IC quotes:
"Pillage a Village" "MUNGO!!!" "I offer my blood" "EEEEEEeeeeee!!!" "Hitting a dog over the head with a meat bun"

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: A Return

Postby Will » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:26 pm

<<To clarify, the Bastions defences repaired to the state they were before he broke them earlier in the post>>
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Pain. Searing pain. The elf is on its feet in an instant, instinct running faster than any conscious thought as it seeks out the source of the pain. After a few moments, the conscious part of its mind blearily presents a memory of hateful burning light emanating from the ruins of the Bastion, and it takes off away from the presumed source of its pain. By the time its conscious mind is aware enough to understand what is going on, the white-furred wolf-beast is tearing across the darkened terrain away from the ruins, away from the light. Only when it escapes the protections, once the pain begins to fade, does it stop to think.

It can remember dying, but was that this existence or the life that went before? The waves of searing magic, some dark ritual, a terrible powerful foe and a beastkin cowering in fear. The scenes meld together in its damaged mind, and it cannot distinguish one from the other. What happened to leave it in such a state? And how did it get within the bounds of that burning light? With no answers forthcoming, it turns back to face the ruins. Perhaps the other elf would know... Aquilla... the young prince. Prince of what? Finally it gives up trying to think and finds a quiet place to settle down and see if anyone would come looking for it.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 pm

The lizard remains still for a moment, staring upwards, body tense with the stress of its resurrection. Slowly, she sits up and looks around her, eyes alighting on the crumpled figure of Captain Shillington. What had happened? She remembers searing pain in her chest; her mind shies from the recollection of the oblivion that followed. Then light, shocking and rude, pulling her back. And Shillington, here...clearly dead beyond the norm of the hopewastes. This must be his doing. She staggers to her feet and stumbles over to the fallen Captain.

"Your sssacrificccce isss appreccciated. My thankssss, Captain. I will make sure you did not die in vain. May our Lady make you comfortable in her embraccce."
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Kendra, having yowled and shot behind one of the returning party as the dramatic scene occurred, peers out just as the elf-wolf bolts. She flinches, then as she sees the red-scales stir, goes over cautiously and helps her up, if her aid is accepted. If not, then she stands back, but in any case goes over to the body of Captain Shillington, with or following Beth. "Kendra sad; like Captain-human. He help Kendra and talk. He good and brave. Good you back, but bad he gone."

*Kendra*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Return to “Bastion of Hope”