Fort Drake, The Final Bastion

The last bastion of the Free People

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Sproglet

Fort Drake, The Final Bastion

Postby Sproglet » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:41 am

**Uthred arrives at Fort Drake and immediately begins issueing orders to his men, giving description of everyone who mentioned trying a ritual or magical means of stopping this 'radiation'**

'I want these Men detained and questioned.... I want to know what magic they attempted to use, what potential side effects there could be and why the hell again they went off half cocked without recourse to the local authorities or anyone even asking FOR THERE GODDAMNED HELP!'

**As several patrols of soldiers head out Uthred then issues some more orders**

'I also want men securing the route out of Pathway, there are gonna be alot of refugees coming through here and there is no way i will let bandits or the like prey on them within my lands.'

**Uthred turns to walk away then appears to consider something**

'Oh, and if any of you see Quayle, tell him I would like a word......'

General Uthred
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

bedevere

Re: Fort Drake, The Final Bastion

Postby bedevere » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:58 am

*The Emperor appears with a faint flash of light, quite close to Utred, and takes a moment to orient himself, before turning to him and bowing*

I presume I've missed some important developments?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Chee

Postby Chee » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 am

Kar arrives at fort drake, appearing to be repeatedly looking up at the sky as he walks as if checking its still there. He approaches what he assumes is the building holding Uthreds office with the fort and hands the guard a note addressed to Lord Uthred.

I apologise for the disturbance, but I would appreciate it if Lord Uthred gets this at his early convenience. There has been a development in the situation.
Lord Uthred.
I am writing concerning the situation regarding the falling of the pathway barrier and inevitably the mist that will come forth from due to this. It would seem that an unforeseen temporal time shift of an unknown source has occurred within the Heartlands area. At the moment I can only speculate that it has been caused by the radiations magical properties from the jewel itself is having unforeseen effects and bending time and space or possibly the entity ‘lady time’ a deity in the realms of time itself has a hand in the situation. I do not know the extent of the effect or if it has or will affect the pathway area but I will be travelling north immediately to investigate if the effect is further spread and to what extent. It is possible this effect has occurred from an unrelated issue from another source but I feel it is unlikely. I would warn you however you and your men may be stuck in a time discrepancy that may be hazardous to you should you remain within it.
Dreth’Kar

Once the guard takes the note, Kar leaves the fort heading north.

**Dreth’Kar**

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:10 am

Fionan is amongst the refugees, giving healing where required and continuing to tend to the evacuated patients.

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:21 am

As many of the healers pause in their work, so too does Zemepatis. He then returns his attention to his current patient, completing his work before donning his armour and taking up his weapons. Then without another word, he strides off in the direction of his Lord's shrine.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Fionan doggedly continues working on the patents - and continues to help with the distribution of their food and any other care he can do for them.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Alongside many other healers, Rilla is tending refugees, when she suddenly pauses for a moment and lets out a gasp. Her already pale face drains of colour. She finishes attending to her current patient then turns to Fionan, who is with another patient close by. "Fin, I-I have to go somewhere, at once. The Celestial Dragon calls me!" Her voice sounds strained

*Rilla*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:04 pm

"We're losing healers here fast - it seems lots of Gods were affected. But I think they can manage without us for a short while. "

Fionan turns with a questioning look at one of the healing centre aides, the man guestures him to leave - they can manage for now.

" Where to we need to go? And how can we get there? "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Rilla heads straight for the door "I'll be glad of your company Fin" she says, turning with a slight smile as he speaks. "We have to hurry, so can you pack and meet me outside as quickly as possible? Every moment may be vital" She looks more serious than Fionan is used to seeing her, and pale, even for a Life elf.

*Rilla*

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Fionan merely grabs his pack.

" This will be all I need. Let's go. "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:09 pm

A short time later Rilla and Fionan leave Fort Drake, heading north-west

*Rilla*

Chee

Postby Chee » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 pm

A haze of magic appears in the central court yard shortly followed by Dreth'Kar fading into existence. His face is a picture of curious concern as he looks around to get his bearings before striding off to the forts walls to look out over the heartlands. He scans the horizon seeing the great sea of pink mist slowly progress forwards and begin to envelop pathway. Clearly displeased with what he see’s, Kar sits and watches, looking out into the heartlands, uncertainty gripping him.

**Dreth’Kar**

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:56 pm

**It was strange, the mist was moving towards Pathway certainly but was doing it extremely slowly. Looking into the mist Kar could see nothing but the vast pink hue and yet he could feel Eremine's presence**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:14 pm

As the week draws to a close the Heroes of Eternity stand before Fort Drake, known in times past as The Temple of Eternity and later as the Temple of Pathway.

The reduced ranks of heroes slowly leave the fort, with one exception, Sir Dias Wevyenn the Knight-Champion of Asternia remains a stalwart defender of the Fort. Awaiting the armies of the human empire to arrive later that day and praying to his Lady that the Betrayer would keep his word and leave the fort alone, on the flip side if he breaks his word and did attack they may have the chance to redeem Sir Warryn.

As the day passes the fort remains secure in the hands of the humans. As the sun sets the advance units begin to arrive, the Emperors scouts reach their destination.
The ranger captain sends his contingent in to the surrounding area to ensure the traitorous High Elves won't attempt an infiltration before setting his sights upon the lone Asternian within the Fort.

By the time the rest of the army arrives the Knight-Champion and the Ranger Captain are sat watching the main causeway leading toward the last bastion the humans hold within the Heartlands.
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:52 pm

**A tall man in green dismounts from a great grey horse, steaming in the cool air. He is shown by some of the earlier arrivals to Wevyenn**

Haran Uthred has remained in Mahtar and has ordered me to lead his forces here to ensure his own interests and that of his people are not forgotten. What is the situation?

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Fort Drake”