Fort Drake, The Final Bastion

The last bastion of the Free People

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

RDB
I'm Special!

Re: Fort Drake, The Final Bastion

Postby RDB » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:22 pm

"I had no idea such betrayal, violence and lack of acceptance towards other lives existed. Apologies for my naivety but the situation does sound a little exasperating.

Shame we cannot release the dragons as they'd have it sorted somehow. Now I will tell you a story.

Once there was a dragon that was unlike all others, his powers of strength were within his heart rather than in physical appearance. When others left the jewel, this dragon remained loyally by his mistress Eremine's home awaiting her return. It is he that is my god and master that you were unable to recognise. The magnificent dragon of meta was set free upon Eremine's homecoming and travelled to the isle of Dracos Tielvar in order to release the other dragons bound there by Onlurin and return them to their mistress.

My master found his brothers and sisters ailing, they suffered terribly without the freedom of the full skies. They had not harmed yet were bound as prisoners. They have not all survived. This needless loss of life sickens me. Such magnificent and beautiful creatures trapped unto their death. My master sent me into this world with instruction to first find Warryn for the purposes of gaining support to help find a way of returning the dragons to Eremine but also with the intention of reducing the loss of life here and building bridges so that Dracos Tielvar may thrive amongst the world rather than be outcast from it.

From what I have seen so far, I cannot imagine Dracos Tielvar blending in with the fighting and death here but we'll see. Imagine a place so beautiful even the skies seem to sing and amongt the misty mountains, epecially in the mornings, the sunlight through the silver mist creates a shimmering blanket of warmth that envelopes those who travel within it. That's my home. If we can create a home suitable for each group of persons with the premise that all other races be allowed to at leat travel through then perhaps everyone can have a home? This may sound a bit far fetched but surely a plan is better than no plan?

As for the fire elves, without the support of their elemental counterparts, they are nothing for the rest of the world. We do need to get them to become the minority.

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:27 pm

**The horsemen arrive at the gate of Fort Drake, in their lead is a heavily armoured man carrying a small armouries worth of weaponry**

**The man dismounts, receiving salutes from the surrounding soldiers and strides over to Quayle and Inglebert**

'Colonel, Captain, a report if you please'
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:19 pm

**Quayle listens carefully before replying**

The plight of the dragons, as interesting as it is, feels far away. Perhaps when this is all over we can provide assistance. After the war, with the Heartlands in the hands of the Free People, we created a land where everyone was welcome. It didn't always work, but it was heading in the right direction before...the incident. If we win again, that will once more be the intention. If the Elves want their own land once this happens then we will have to work something out. Our initial diplomatic stand is that Erathil stands down and hands control of the Heartlands back to The Free People.

**Quayle stands as Uthred enters and smiles**

General. May I present Sir Dias Wevyenn, knight of Asternia and one of those responsible for banishing the mist and this lady's name is Celeste and she is interested primarily in dragons and peace. As for a report. The mist was what was left of Eremine and she has been restored to life in a ritual which destroyed the artefacts of power once used to open the room with the book in it. A man named Emmet gambled with the gods and won, curing the mutants of the ill-effects of the mist.

However, that seems to have restored Erathil and his army though Erathil himself may be diminished as apparently there is a version of him in the Hope Wastes as well. Erathil invited a group to parlay where he offered the group who held the fort the option to leave or die. They chose to stay and die however Warryn, an Earth Elf you may have met who turns out to be Erathil's brother, made his own deal with Erathil where he would give Erathil the three forts of Pathway and side with him in return for us keeping control of Fort Drake.

The book which powered the protections around the forts was destroyed by the new haran of the Telerfret, Sylas Sage, in order to stop Erathil from erecting them again and possibly destroying us. This means that although we have to defend using mundane means, so does he, and he has three forts to defend and a long border in between.

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

lews wright

Postby lews wright » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:18 am

*Inglebert looks at uthred and a little smile comes to his face. it seems like a great weight has been lifted. his head still pounding doesnt seem to be bother him at the moment*

"boy thank the gods your here. as you most proberly saw mate my men and are guarding the north path out of pathway big rams there to. we have seige weapons but will need many more men just to defend it let alone anythingelse. qauyle and I said about making the winter elf camp a place for the men and trenches are going to be dug as a defence for now. sounds to me like you brought back up though?"

*he moves back towards the group whilst talking he seems to be a much more relaxed man with uthred there. he winces due to the headache*

captain Inglebert

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 am

"Please excuse me correcting Quayle here, my primary interest is the preservation of life. Sorry Quayle, I have a promise to the dragons and will do anything for their preservation however, my mission covers all life forms, not just dragons and as I prefer long term solutions, my obligation I believe is currently here where most lives are at stake. I accept discord, although it does irk me, as long as it doesn't lead to the loss or endangerment of life".

Celeste turns and looks at Quayle hoping he's not too annoyed at her interruption then stands back to avoid the probable glare from the man referred to as 'General'.

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:27 am

Celeste turns to Inglebert. "Will you please let me fix that head of yours, no point in suffering".

lews wright

Postby lews wright » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:23 pm

*Inglebert glares at celeste*

"Im fine elf and blood shed will happen that im certain of. we will work to minimise the amount but dont be foolish in thinking no1 will die. this is erathil we're talking about.*he looks at uthred* also quayle thinks it might be a good idea to talk to the other harans and air, water and wood elves to get them all to stand up against erathil........ this includes samuel........ and the emperor."

*he looks at quayle as if to say "he'll agree with me" but doesnt say it aloud*

Captain Inglebert

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:36 pm

**Uthred smirks then nods to those he doesn't know**

'Sir Wevyenn, Celeste'

'Not in the mood to play it hugely defensively gentleman, the longer Erathil has to dig in and get organised the more trouble he will be. There is no way his army can be truly ready yet. It takes time to organise lines of communication and supplies. The heartlands may have been restored and no longer toxic but who is there to bring in food for them. No we start offensive operations now, small scale at first and staging up as i transfer more forces here and we get help from other sources.'

'Inglebert, find Bubbles, I want to heavily tooled aggressive patrols out at all times. find their foragers and scouts and kill them, if they come in force to clear you out do a staged retreat and try and get them to over extend themselves.'

**Uthred then seems to be considering something**

'As to allies, arrange for the Harans of the Everni and the Telefret to meet with me here. Also if we can get in contact with any of the elves who didn't fight for Erathil last time all the better. As for the winter Elves and Earth Elves I am willing to leave them alone if and only if they stay out of the fighting. If they side with Erathil again after we are done with him I will show them no compassion or mercy, they will die.'

'I don't want Samuel involved in this, if i see him I'll destroy him, but the Emperor...... contact him, he has closed down Erathil magically before and I can't imagine he will sit idle with Erathil back, they are the biggest threats to each other out there and they cannot afford to ignore each other, and if we are really lucky maybe they will fight and both die or be left vulnerable.'

General Uthred
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

lews wright

Postby lews wright » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:35 pm

*Inglebert grind and nods his head in approval.*

"loving it. I take it i have all the men you brought at my command as well? will try to locate bubbles but hes not been seen in some time. have men looking for him at the moment tho. i will still set up some sort of trenches with palisades as a defence just incase. i'v already ordered my men to kill any elf coming out of the forts and with your men we can set up proper patrols around the clock. if every1 agrees i'll start getting everything sorted?"

Captain Inglebert

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:18 am

**Quayle nods**

I will send messages to the Harans of the Everni and Telerfret on your behalf but I suggest thinking carefully about excluding Samuel. Even if the only arrangement made with him is "you don't have to do anything except NOT join Erathil".

As to the Elves...it is difficult. They do not have their own lands or cities so it may be impossible to find one person who can speak for any of their races. The only possibility that presents itself is a bit of a long shot. Apparently Warryn is a brother of Erathil as was Danahil. A Fire Elf named Kazrazil is also present with Erathil's army. I wonder if there is a brother for each of the other Elves, an Air Elf, a Water Elf, a Light Elf? Perhaps if there is and we can find them before Erathil does they might join us? Or they may follow suit and join Erathil out of loyalty to their brother as Warryn seems to have.

With your approval General, my intention is to enter the Heartlands before Erathil can seal the border. I will head to Clandestine, the old base of operations of the resistance and rebuild from there. There could be hundreds, even thousands of people within the Heartlands who are not loyal to Erathil, perhaps I can rally some of them to strike from behind the lines.

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:26 pm

A guard enters supporting a bound and wounded wood-elf.

" Messenger here, says he's from Clandestine with a message to Quayle. He was carrying this scroll - but it has some magic on it. "
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 pm

**Quayle looks round, a slight look of surprise**

From Clandestine? I'm Quayle.

**He reaches out for the scroll, reaching out with his mind to taste the magic as he does**

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm

<Meta magic - you have the text via pm>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 pm

**Quayle opens it carefully, awating the inevitable implosion that fails to come before reading it**

It's from an old friend, he wants to meet in just under a month's time.

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

lews wright

Postby lews wright » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:53 pm

*Inglebert looks at quayle*

"Is everything alright friend? anything we need to know"

Captain Inglebert

Return to “Fort Drake”