Fort Drake, The Final Bastion

The last bastion of the Free People

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Breccan

Re: Fort Drake, The Final Bastion

Postby Breccan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:41 pm

"Galatine? But how can that be? We burned the body to ashes. I have seen the walking dead, but not when there is nothing for spells to raise up. Who are you, and the truth now. There is no telling what a certain ally of Galatine's would do if she thought one was taking his form."

*He looks closely, studying his face and scar*

"You really are his very double..."
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Kira sighs and thinks about something that could prove he is "Galatine", then seems to have an idea. Focusing his Ki, he emits a wave of emotion, filling Teyaspa with the emotions he is feeling...worry being the most prominent. Fragments of events from Galatine's perspective are broken up into the emotions, the final thoughts being that of when the axe fell across his ribs, and he felt no more...

The truth is as I said. I am Galatine...or was. I survived and won my right to live once more on the Night of the Nearly Living Dead...On the same day I escaped, I gave up my name, my sword...all things related to the demon "Sanctus". I am "Kira" now, and I am here to help. I suppose HAZE would indeed be confused or angered if she saw me, perhaps thinking I am a copy or undead...but if Haze wishes to kill me, I already said she could, that much has not changed. Though, you and I, I imagine, have changed.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:01 pm

*as the strange thoughts and emotions fill Teyaspa's mind he blinks rapidly, before clutching his head and breathing hard when he feels Galatine die.*

"Haze could tell for sure, but for now I must believe you. Few but Galatine himself would... Enough of that.*

*Teyaspa looks away for a moment, pulls a small flask from his boot and takes a small sip before putting it back. He almost visibly pushes his emotions down to deal with later and returns to the task at hand.*

"So, Kira, why do you come here. Do you oppose Erathil?"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Kira emotionlessly watches as Teyaspa sorts his own emotions out. He remembered doing that to people...before he had fully controlled the Ki, his emotions had affected people in certain ways, this was a small reminder. Suddenly smiling slightly, he chuckled as Teyaspa took out his drink.

Im sorry about that...emotions are a bit awkward. At the very least, be glad you dont recall what it feels like to be killed. Its rather unpleasant, I wouldnt recommend it.

Touching his scar, softly, he answered the question, eyes far away, deep in thought.

Hard to say. Yes and no. I listen, I watch, I take my time to learn both sides...Erathil himself is fairly simple in essence to work out, roughly. He wants domination, and so far, he has gone unchallenged. He knows he weaknesses now and is more cautious. He has gained my friend, Warryn Mason as his ally...I can oppose Erathil, perhaps, but not my friends. Could you ask me to cut down someone I fought with, talked and saved lives with? It is...hard. Once, Im sure I could have done it but now...I do not know. And...the way elves on THIS side are discriminated against...Im finding it hard to see which side is worse. On one side, its domanation of the world with the elves at the top of the food chain. On the other, a deep set hatred of ALL elves...

He takes a breath, eyes still with a far off look...a dark glow surrounds him, and it is clear whatever he is seeing is not a pleasant memory. He touches the scar again, softly.

I could fight. I could kill. So many would die. But what for? So the humans can butcher the elves better? So Erathil can enslave all who oppose him? Why indeed should I side with either? Friends on both sides...if I turned on one, I could turn on another...

The confusion, the doubt, the worry...these emotions were now in the air around him, asking "Why?", "How?", "When?", and the thought of a sword, stained with blood...so much blood...

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:07 am

"We share simelar worries, but Erathil wanted to conquer before. If we could trust him to stay in the Heartlands, I would say leave him there and let any elf who doesn't want to serve him come to us. I'd make the offer myself if I didn't think they'd cut of my head and stick it on a pike as soon as I got into the city.

We must find out if they plan to attack us or not. I don't want a war unless it is forced on us. I am here to help defend the allies of my Tribe, not to invade the Heartlands. There is nothing there I want."

*He takes another sip from his flask*

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:14 am

Kira snaps out of that particular line of thoughts, eyes lighting up visiably, then he seems to become slightly skeptical.

Oh come on...Erathil is tyrant, its well known. He was strong enough to gain the Heartlands under his rule again in such a short period of time...whats REALLY stopping him from spreading his ambition? Certain, it is not you men, bickering among yourselves over the elves, I am sure. I wouldnt be surprised if Erathil has eyes set upon the rest of the world, but if so, I imagine he is still consolidating his power...for now. In any case, preparing for the worst is...wisest, at least for now. I wouldnt mind going to see what Erathil is DOING myself, though I get the impression I would end up fighting, killing, getting nowhere and possibly killed escaping, which isnt too helpful. Mind you...perhaps that is a start, in a way? Sending a message, I mean? Surely you have spies, or someone who can get a message through to Erathil? If he replies, he will likely either be making demmands, or maybe using flowery words to cover his true disposition...

He shrugged and paused for a moment, taking a breath.

Well, its a thought at least, that DOESNT require battle. The less people killed, the fewer finding themselves oppressed, the better.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:56 pm

"I would risk no one's life but my own taking my own words to Erathil's camp. I will not needlessly risk my tribe or my allies. As for a trip into the heartlands... that wouldn't be impossible. All I would need is a wizard of sufficient power and a few volunteers able to scout at least as well as me. Though without an idea of what we would be looking for it would seem rather pointless."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Granted, it was only a thought, and I didnt expect it to be likely. However, Teyaspa, this is a situation that will likely be turning into a war, in the foreseeable future...I said I didnt wish to fight my friends, it would be very hard for me, this is true, but in the end, I think by now, Im used to treading over the bodies of my friends. Its not enough to say you will only risk your life when you carry the weight of your allies, more over it selfish. The difference between you and I is that on a battlefield: I am expendable. You are not. Make peace with the thought that your men will die, because if you dont, even more will die because you couldnt bare to loose a few.

Kira's eyes went quite dark, grim when he spoke this. moment passed and he sighed, softening, suddenly feeling ashamed to have said those things.

Im sorry Teyaspa, I spoke harshly. It is not for me to say how you govern your men, and maybe you are right...I will support you, as a friend, any way I can, but there are...things, that I must attend to from time to time. Please forgive me.

Politely as ever, Kira bowed, deeply, humbling himself to his friend.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:11 pm

"Don't bow Galantine. I'm not a king. I'm just a hunter, and I'm honoured that you call me friend. Go in peace as and when you need, you aren't in my servicxe. You're welcome to visit Nandine whenever you wish. I'll let people know when I'm next there, though I think only Erathil knows when that is likely to be!"

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:01 pm

An armoured guard enters the room, a puzzled expression on his face. He stands by the door, salutes, then turns to Teyaspa.

"Haran Teyaspa? I have a message for you from... a cat. She says that she's a friend of yours and you asked her to meet you here, but I've orders not to let anyone suspicious enter the Fort, and..." His pause makes it plain what he thinks of being asked to convey a message from a talking animal, let alone let one through his defences. "She's still outside if you want me to tell her to leave."
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:43 pm

"A Cat? Does she wear a mask? If so, show her on through."

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 am

There is a short stunned silence while the guard contemplates his orders. Eventually he lets out a small sigh and salutes again. "Very well sir. If you can vouch for her."

He disappears from the doorway, only to return a few minutes later with Haze. The feline's fur gleams like she has been cleaning it for hours and she is wearing her white half-mask. When she sees Teyaspa, her smug smile grows even wider, and she moves forward to greet him in the usual way, sniffing his hands and clothes.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:56 am

Kira leans nochalently against a wall, trying to avoid drawing Haze's attention over to him...it was bad enough that Teyaspa thought he was a double, or a ghost or undead of some kind. Added with Haze's magical might and the fact that she really could kill him, it was probably the best thing he could do to avoid her line of sight since she was blocking his exit...

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:50 am

Another scent catches Haze's nose. She stops, a flash of alarm crossing her face, and sniffs the air again, scanning the room. At the sight of Kira she hisses furiously, lips pulled right back to reveal her sharp teeth.

"What is that?" she snarls, extending her claws.
Characters:

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Kira sighs and stands straight, bowing to Haze as he once did.

"That"? Owch. Nice to see you too, Haze. I was just telling Teyaspa that Im neither dead, nor a fake and unless you feel like taking those claws of yours and tearing me open to see I am who you think I am, I can only tell you its probably going to hurt less than the axe that killed me the first time.

He paused for a moment and held his hands out to his sides, as if telling her to come investigate for herself.

I DID say you could kill me whenever you felt like it, though it would be a slight annoyance to have you kill me here after I havent seen you in...oh, a year now? That reminds me, how did it go? Killing the Midari, I mean? I died BEFORE you obtained the Startear, but I think you got that, didnt you? Oh yes, Kendra had a message for you when I left the lands of the dead...

He smiled slightly at the though of the dead Feline that he had fought alongside in the Hopewastes. She had been a friendly creature, and very helpful, and their common ally, Haze, had made Kira and Kendra get along very quickly.

Return to “Fort Drake”