In the Higher Misty Mountains

Here be dragons

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

RDB
I'm Special!

In the Higher Misty Mountains

Postby RDB » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:57 pm

In a cavern in the desolate yet beautiful higher misty mountains a lone life elf sits with head in hands worried about her future. Having lived in the cavern all her life apart from when called upon when needed to tend to matters between dargonkin and dragons, the elf becomes concerned at the prospect of entering the outside world. This island with it's dragons is home. What would happen with her gone? Who else would tend the dying dragons and who would act as a neutral balance when requried to alleviate conflict?

Outide the cavern a mighty beating of wings could be heard. Celeste looks around the cavern one last time, taking in as much as possible should she never return. Every image seen she deperately tries to savour and imprint upon her memory so that it may be called upon in times of uncertainty and loneliness. Reaching the entrance she bows to the magnificent mystical creature so beautiful it made her cry out in awe.

"Oh mighty master, my life is yours, I shall leave this isle, my cavern home, my beloved dragons that I serve, my dragonkin people co-habitants and I shall serve you until there is no breath in my body, no conscious thought in my being and death steals my very life in all but memory.

Oh mighty master, loyal master. You served Eremine without faltering, grant me your powers of loyalty and strengthen me with the breath of your life that I may serve as loyally as you. Grant me safe journey to the place I must begin my mission.

Oh mighty master of meta, accept my life, use my will as your own, understand the depth of my faith and grant me the memories of this cavern to never fade, to keep my faith unfaltering and unchallenged no matter what I may encounter.

Oh mighty master, I am ready to serve. I shall miss my homeland, my service to the dragon and I am ready to seek a way of returning the dragons to their mistress. Grant me the ability to be home within my mind and strenghthen my resolve in times of doubt.

Oh mighty master, I am yours. I am ready".

RDB
I'm Special!

Re: In the Higher Misty Mountains

Postby RDB » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

The fire somehow still going in her cavern, the warmth of home and the echoes of her happy memories there now belonging to the mighty dragon of meta that slept akwardly on the floor seemed to whirl around the place echoing her name in the dim light. Breathing heavily through it's nostrils the dragon sensed Celeste had called home for strength and sent her the warmth and the memories she required before sleeping. Her mission would take longer than expected but the dragon knew his choice in her was right. She had the same loyalty to him that he had shown his mistress.

Return to “Draconis Tielvar”