Dreiths pickle

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

that_darn_elf

Dreiths pickle

Postby that_darn_elf » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:32 pm

*OOC note: believe this to be the correct forum, if its not, move it and blame Will*

Dreith opens her eyes, to find herself lying in a dark cell... somewhere. Well at least its not bright light like those blasted humans seem to like. thats something. She stares around, unmoving for a moment before remembering...
arrest. yeah.

she swears, colourfully, and profusely.

"I should never have gone back to check that dumb little blue elf was indeed safe! She would have been. Safe enough I guess. I could have left the area, and never been seen again.
Its a mistake to raise a slave from a child. You end up feeling this strange thing... this responsibility thing... for them. Buy them already grown. Capture them already grown. As for that air elf, when i found her all those years ago, should have left her there to die. Or sold her like the rest. she was quite pretty, and pure too. Would have fetched a good price.
Damn it.
No good can come of softness, of kindness. all those years I fed her, gave her things to wear, and refused requests to sell her to those with more than errand-running and goods-carrying on thier minds. What the hell was I thinking?

What was it that human called me? Friend? a strange word. I am used to that word meaning ... well someone you just dont intend to kill instantly, just maybe later. And yet the humans tell me it means someone you stand by to the end, and who will stand by you. Who you care about. A strange concept indeed, warm, nice, but strange and I am wary in the extreme of it. Is it some kind of domination spell? I would have been interested to learn more about this definition. Maybe if I get out of this place I will.

Meantime. Shame. all for being soft, damn it all to hell. "

She still doesnt move, as she hears footsteps approaching the cell.
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

that_darn_elf

Re: Dreiths pickle

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Dreith blinks, now fully concious, and backs into the darkest corner, back to the wall. Watching. Listening.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:17 pm

The footsteps move away again. someone talking
*nah, that one dont deserve no food. Didnt ya see how thin she kept that slave? do her good to feel a bit of that. Shes the fattest shadow elf I ever seen. Normally theyre thinner*
Voices dim in the corridor. Guards changing for the night.

This is going to need some careful thinking. Shifting seems the logical route out of here, especially if they are not going to even bring in any food and find her missing for a few hours yet... but where to shift to?
She thinks.
Somewhere where these people arent going to immediatly look.
She remembers a dark forest, not the forest of her home but another, she saw it in the distance as she was brought here, and she saw it years ago, when she first left the forest of the Acalime. She entered it too.
Yes.
she knows where she will go.

She cranes to look up at the tiny iron grilled hole near the ceiling that serves as a window. The reddish light tells her that the bright sun is due to set soon, Good. More shadows and no getting blinded by the sun either.

Where to shift to. Yes. she knows what time of day it was when she was captured. Sometime later in the evening than this. Those old ruined barns outside the town, not all that far away really. The prison is at one side of the town, not far from the walls. She knows that from a visit years ago. And the barns will be nice and dark. Maybe old tools or something there to get these manacles off too. You never know. And with the dark coming, and humans tending to sleep at night, more time to head off.
She tries to remember the glimpses of other things she got in momentary conciousness on the way in. They hadnt even trusted her to be concious. As soon as theyed see her coming round they would subdue her again.

A muddy road in. Goes without saying to stay off the roads. scrubland. yes. some ravines. yes.

She listens again. More footsteps approaching. the covered grill in the door opens large enough for a gaurd to insert a hand. a piece of bread, clearly mouldy, is thrown in. The guard peers in, and sees Dreith apparantly asleep or unconcious. Satisfied, the door closes again, and the gaurds footsteps retreat, as he talks to someone else.
*that was a harder day than I 'ad in a long time. And the elfs quiet. I kept a stash of that berry wine me missus makes, want some?* A faint laugh, and silence.

Its now or never.

<shift>
</shift> THWACK

Dammit, they obviously have got some magic shielding up here, she cant get out. [long string of expletives]

(OOC note: next bit OK'ed by refs)
Alright, second try. held prisoner by the Haran's people. for something that the Haran had paid her to do, albeit through one of his .... skivvies.... of course he would never dirty his hands with something that he has banned. hah. maybe its time to remind a few people what she knows. Maybe the guard will take a message, if she's lucky.

She kicks the door, hard, and yells.

GUARD!

Going to have to be loud, those humans are probably getting drunk.

GAURD!

Callum

Postby Callum » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:03 pm

**a guard can be heard walking to the cell door he opens the little peeky hole**

"What do you want scum!"
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Dreith suppresses a deep breath. And her natural reaction at being called scum. Now is not the time to argue the point.

Is there any chance of getting a message to someone at the Councillor of Metamagics's office? Gavrae. Chief of staff there. Simply to tell him I would like to speak with him...
She remembers a word that humans appreciate it if you use. Sometimes makes them more disposed to be helpful. Cant hurt to use it now.
..please?

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:05 pm

*There is a cough behind the guard, and a voice speaks, calmly but clearly.*

That will not be necessary. Your detention came to my attention for many reasons, not least because any 'hero' detained, the paperwork crosses my desk very quickly.

*He looks to the guard*

You are dismissed.

*He looks back to Dreith*

Do you know how much paperwork is involved for the capture of a hero? Add in the complex nature of your offenses, and... Well, I am hardly in a good mood.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:53 pm

Dreith sighs. And speaks quietly as she cannot see how far the guard has moved away.
Probably a lot.
Things happen though and I hadnt expected to encounter air elves on the road, who decided to turn me in to the first patrol they met, refusing to listen to a word of reason or Setemas tale. Now I got out of that alright, and might have even convinced them by the end of the day that less was amiss than they believed, and continued with little said, if it had not been for another human patrol. They decided not to allow me to speak, I was brought to Sanga unconcious and woke up in here so you need not concern yourself over what I imagine you are concerned about.

she laughs wryly.

now. what will it require for me to get out of this place somehow? Can it be done?

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Getting out of here? Oh, your position is quite a complicated one. Many forms have been filled in, a quite impressive number passed through my office before you came to my personal attention. I am sure I could arrange a reduction of your sentance in exchange for certain services in reply. Information, promises of future efforts, anything else you might be able to suggest, I am sure you are of diverse talents and can think of something more that would make you a model citizen in the eyes of the Telerfret Empire.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Dreith rolls her eyes and beckons him closer to the grill

(TBC via PM)

Return to “Sanga”