somewhere outside sanga

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

that_darn_elf

somewhere outside sanga

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:54 pm

a dark haired, dark cloaked figure slips silently through shadowy trees
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Blue mage

Re: somewhere outside sanga

Postby Blue mage » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:55 pm

At the same time, a boy, wearing a pair of swords, rushed through Sanga's gates and out into the woods. He ran until he could not run anyfather and collapsed there, under the sun in the forest. The experiance of the city was not too good for him...but he had the feeling that his visit had not been a complete waste of time. At least Galatine was now fairly certian that Drieth was safe...for now.
He lay there filling his burning lungs with much needed air and stared up at the sky as he always did. For him at least, he was home again. His mind at rest, he closed his eyes and turned his thoughts to the events of the day, and his thoughts turned to Drieth again. Sighing, he sat up and began to meditate, to collect his thoughts better. All he focused upon was the wind and the rustling of the tree's now.

(OOC: I cant use the abillity Meditate, my character does it simply to come up with plans and to collect his thoughts, as he spends his time alone, meditating seems normal to a hermit warrior)
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Dreith spots tracks. Faint, but visible to her, though most might overlook...Someone running. Her face darkened. If that was a messenger, or worse from Gavrae... she didnt trust him as far as she could throw him..... She turns off her original course and begins shadowing the tracks.. it wouldnt hurt to see who it was.

She comes to a gap between four oak trees, and pauses, hearing movement. She remains hidden, watching, searching... Then she sees who it is. The human. The human who called her "friend", Galatine.
Further scouting proves that he is alone. She comes out of the trees, wary, ready to melt into the shadows again at the first sign of danger.
"so its you, human"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Slightly startled, Galatine's eyes shoot open. Looking up and down at the elf in front of him, his sense's told him it was someone familiar...
"Good to see you again, elf...how are you?"
After the nervousness of the city, he was glad to know SOMEONE. And the fact that she was alright calmed his mind...for now.
"If you just got out, why did you stop?"
Hie eyes were curious, slightly playful. She could be on her way, and he knew elves like her dont make bonds quickly...Unless she wanted to take his equipment and sell them? He sighed. Too tired to fight now...if she wants to kill me, then get it over with...

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:35 pm

Dreith shrugs
pure chance. Saw the tracks, was planning on avoiding whoever it was. If I know where they are, I can avoid them better... but since you, at least, dont seem to have an immediate interest in killing me, I thought I might stop and thank you for your words the other day...

You seem tired. What have you been up to? Why are you here?

She leans against a tree, in the shadow, hand on her dagger, but somehow she does not look threatening towards Galatine.

(OOC note but that Galatine will notice : Dreith now has black hair, and is wrapped in a heavy woolen cloak. Her fancier attire is now gone, replaced with a black tunic, with black embroidery. She carries the same weapons and fringed leather bag as before, though, barely visible under the cloak)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:47 pm

His eyebrow raises. "They"?, I take it you did escape then?
He sighs again, and continues
As for killing you...you may not know it, but not everyone is attempting to kill you. Besides, I try to avoid it if possable. The demon snorted in his head, but he ignored it.
As for what Im doing...remember what I told you before you were taken away? I had to make sure you were alright, for now. Sadly...that means trouble for me.
He locks his eyes on her's, staring intently, taking a note of her dagger. He continues to stare at her though, a faint smile came across his enigmatic face, almost invisible.
So, do you intend upon going anywhere? Or are you going to stare at me forever? I dont live nearly as long as you, you know. His smile increased, but again he hid it, only his eyes gave him away but they were hidden under his hair as usual.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Dreith isnt giving anything away.
Well the humans in Sanga seemed to greatly dislike my existance in the land of the living, so one would assume they are not happy about the fact I didnt wait to be executed
She looks at Galatine
Trouble? What trouble are you in? You have broken none of thier laws....... or have you?
She stops leaning on the tree.
From what I have just seen, it is you who are waiting around, despite having a briefer life. I have to lie low for a little while, and then I do need to get a message to someone in Sanga. Then I will be moving on. You are welcome to follow or remain here. The faintest hint of a smile crosses her face freely, of course.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Galatine looks at her, a ghost of a smile still there. She is an elf, and he held some doubt, but decided not to press the matter.
It matters little to me. You are not dead, which is all I was concerned with. However you did it was not in my interests.
Hearing what she had asked, he gave a slight laugh
Who knows...go ask a God, it does not bother me either way.
He looks up briefly then returns to the gaze of the elf
My life span is irrelevent. His face gives a look of slight shock at the idea of joining anyone. Still, he was a hermit. But being so young compared with many around him made him feel at times like he needed to be close to someone...He let out a sigh once more and feely smiled, if slightly.
Very well. I'll follow you. I have nothing to do as of yet anyway. He smiled again. How...sweet of you to say so. Dont worry, it does not concern me how I go about it, I will simply follow you. We are...friends...after all, arent we?
At this idea, his eyebrow raised in question, not knowing how she would respond to this idea.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:02 am

Your company is pleasant, and interesting Dreith aknowledges and maybe we may help one another.

She settles herself on the grass. we may as well wait here for a few hours. You hungry? She pulls some bread out of her bag , pulls a chunk off, and offers the rest to Galatine.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:21 am

As is yours. Galatine simply nods
I rarely eat...But I may as well.
He took the piece from her hand, and forced himself to swallow the bread.
Thank you. He muttered.
After this, where shall we go?

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 am

my plans are to lie low until the evening.head back to Sanga, get a message to my ... contact... and then we can move on entirely
Dreith finishes her bread and listens a moment, but there are only the wild creatures of the forest. She settles back against a tree.
probably three/ four hours to dusk, looking at the sun now.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:13 am

I see. I feel that I should stay here when you do got back...or I should stay away from contact, if you dont mind? Then I will follow you as normal.
A few birds fly overhead, their chirping causes him to look up, then turn to the elf next to him.
I will follow you then, if you do not mind, of course?
Though he hid it, his eyes showed a little sign of loneliness, mixed with a tinge of fear.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:17 pm

I would not have said it was alright, if I had not meant it Dreith stares at him masking curiosity. To someone to whom lonliness is normal, and safe, the slight tone of hope in Galatines tone, the fact he appears to dislike loniness, is odd. But then, humans can be, she reflects.

I'll meet you back here by dawn then

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:32 pm

HE nodded, and his eyes lit up again. He would never admit it, but he was lonely occasionaly, after all...he was a child and never grew up around people. While it was good to be alone, it was sad after a few years.
Suddenly taking in what she had said, his face looked for less than a second, scared, but changed back quickly. He nodded, hiding his urge to follow her.
Alright...If I must wait...Are you sure? You could leave if Im going to become a burden after all...
His voice trailed off by this point...and sadness was sinking in. It seemed the Devil's voice was back: I thought you were afraid. You know at any moment, I could break free and do as I please! And yet you try to befriend someone now?
**** you! Perhaps you forget who is in control here! My life was taken away by you, so stay out of my future! And rememeber, what happens to ME happens to YOU! At this, the Devil was silent, not used to being threatened. Galatine's anger was now spurred by his fears, and outside, he was visably shaking, his eyes, though hidden, were clouding over.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:42 pm

I would have left already if I was not sure. Dreith doesnt say that if she really objected to Galatines presence, she would have cut his throat.

She goes to a stone between two pines, lifts it and removes something small, which she instantly tucks in her bag.
It is best if you remain here. I will be back by dawn, at the latest.
She pauses, a thought occurring to her
Galatine, can you write, by any chance?

Return to “Sanga”