A question of sorts...

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Callion_Grimm

A question of sorts...

Postby Callion_Grimm » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:40 am

I have not been in these lands for very long...but have been greated by all with the same manner of hate and ditest...

I would like to know if there is any soul out there who could have a sivel convosation with me, without trying to send me back to the land where I was spawned...

I would like to know why all demons are treated with the same loathing gaze...why they are slain before given a chance to show that they may not follow the same traits of their kin... If Silver can be tolerated why not others who show a more humane approach to life...

Beleth, Retainer of Balberith

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:07 am

Greetings from the Jehovern people with no hint of hatred or detest,

The answer to this is simple. People assume that all demons are evil, untrustworthy and dangerous. People make these generalisations all the time in order to survive, attack is unfortunately sometimes the best form of defence. The main reason for this assumption is that they have not been given evidence to the contrary and therefore people will try to slay them on sight. It is not only demons who have a reputation: High Elves are considered as a race to be evil, Telerfret are assumed to be a race of all magic-users, Orcs are believed to be honourable, Rodera extremely clever, Death Elves chaotic random killers, yet many have met the exceptions to these prejudices.

Some demons are tolerated, though I believe Silver is simply considered too powerful to fight rather than being actually tolerated. Prove yourself to be a force for good and you may earn more than simply your own survival, perhaps you will cause a certain element of doubt to enter the minds of the majority as to whether it is "right" to kill demons without first ascertaining their motives.

One question though, who is Balberith?

Drake

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:42 pm

Hello Beleth just to say that I did not look at you with hate or detest I have never seen anything like you before and hence I was a tad scared of what you were but you did seem quite a nice chap when I was listerning to you talking to others. I must appolagise if it did seem like I hated you or detested you, its just I am young and in-experianced in the world to understand what everything is. I have only come accrossed one other demond and he seems quite a decient fellow to me, as I am sure you are once people get to know you more.

I think that everyone should be given a chance to be able to explane themselves and why they are like they are and not how people perceive they should be.

I hope you are well and that you are going to stay around a while, whilst we get to know each other a bit more?
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

UzBan

Demons

Postby UzBan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:31 pm

Hail Beleth, Retainer of Balberith. I am First of my tribe,(Hooded figure in gray)
the reason others hate demons and many other pepoles of these lands is, they do not understand them. What you do not comprehend you fear and therefore attack and kill.
I have walked among most of the creatures of this land and others for many years.I have found that even among your kin that they would rather attack the unknown than understand it.Unless of cause they may gain more by twisting the meeting to thier advantage.
It does not always hold that demons are evil,but it is the perseption of most pepole that it is ture.
Even you in the Hope wastes most thought you to be untrustworthy.You must strive to alter that situation or be judged to be on the side of evil.
Not that I have judged you in this but so far your actions don't appear evil.Even if your nature is suspect.
By the way not all demons are distursted in this land some have been even respected.
Phil who was Uz,Lizea, First now...

A big Orc Knight!
and
Enlightenment.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:29 am

It seems, Beleth, that both the Haran of the Jehovern and son of the Haran of the Larkant are in accord. Prove yourself and, with luck, you will be judged on your actions rather than your species.

Drake

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:22 pm

Yes but we must give him that chance to prove himself in the first place without anyone else going up to him and attempting to kill him!!! He does deserve a chance I will let him. As I have said it was not that I was discussted by him it was just that I was a tad daungted by him. Now I know more about him its all fine. Look forward to seeing you.
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:32 am

Beleth, the law of the land states that the Haran has control of his own tribe but no other. Therefore I can order my own people not to harm you while you do nothing wrong but I cannot order those of the Telerfret, Larkant or Everni not to do so. This means it is somewhat of an empty gesture due to the almost total lack of my people in these lands.

However as this is a unique situation, I will offer a unique solution. I offer you honorary membership of the Jehovern people. This means you are protected by the laws of the land: if any human attempts to kill you (assuming they are not directly protecting themselves, others or the land) then this is a crime and they will be punished.

It also makes you subject to the law and should you break the law you will be outlawed and no longer be protected by this law. This law only applies to humans: other races may still decide to persecute you, but I while you remain a member of the Jehovern I will protect you as much I possibly can. If your intentions are as you claim, the only downside for you I can see is that as a member of my tribe you will also be expected to follow any law I decree: I am not a dictator and can only promise that any law I make will be discussed and considered thoroughly.

Drake

Return to “Sanga”