Tooo drunk to think!

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Tooo drunk to think!

Postby Gumboots » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:16 pm

*Kriska and Estan are sitting in a pub whose name Kriska is to drunk to rember. All she knows is that Traveller has hurt her feelings badly and that at the moment she feels sad that she does not know if her friends are alive or dead. So she decides that it would be a good idea to drink another tankard of mead which now makes it her tenth drink. She can not stand so she beckons over the barmade to ask in a rather slury voice*

"A-nutter meeeed pea's?"
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:06 am

A rather bedraggled Bartholemew enters the inn to warm himself after the several weeks wandering the wilds. Twigs stick out of his hessian habit and mud clings to him up to his waist. He looks like a tramp, but strangely has some coin to pay for a mulled wine by the fire. When the shivering subsides, he notices the loud drunk in the corner is the elf he befriended his first days in the land. Shocked, he rises and tries to get her attention.

"Hello their young elf, do you recognise me?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:44 pm

*Upon recieving her next Tankard of mead Kriska sneezes heavily and lookk blery eyeed over to a familiar face. Laughing hysterically she looks him up and down and unsuccessfully tries to stand, falling back into her chair.*

"Eye'd no you, your da monk monk dat bafs in elves. Eye'd bin wonderin where you'd got ta. You look awful, almost as bad as wot I feeeeel."

*She giggles drunkenly and continues drinking.*

*Lucy*

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:10 pm

Bartholemew shakes his head sadly, realising that somethings in all lands stay the same. He sets his face in a determined frown and knocks the tankard out her hand. He turns to the barkeep and says, "I apologise for doing that my man, but this person needs to have some fresh air if you still want to have her as a patron." He avoids the angry swipe that comes his way from Kriska and as she overbalances herself, he grabs her around the waist and half lifts half walks her out of the tavern and to the villages water trough. He then promptly dunks her head in it for 2 seconds and brings her back up, sits her down and wipes the water from her face as she splutters.

"I'm sorry I had to do that, I've seen too many people end up with nothing the way you were going. There is always a better way than drinking yourself into oblivion. Now tell me, is it something to do with that creature that was stalking you the last time I saw you?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:01 pm

*Kriska fury burns into her head,she staggers a bit and leans against the trough, mumbling under her breath*

"Friend who soaked me I will soak them water from heaven Douse this man"

*A torrent of water falls from above above soaking everybody in a 20ft radius of Bartholemew, whom is now soaked but clean. Upon the further soaking of Kriska she suddenly realises what she has done*

"I am so sorry, sorry sorry sorry *Her voice falters, she sighes* It's been a hard day "

*She collapses to the floor sobbing gently*

*Lucy*

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:30 pm

Spluttering somewhat, Bartholemew shakes his head, shivering slightly as the cold wind whipped at him.

"Do not worry, I-i-i n-n-needed a bath!" He says with a smile that has his teeth chattering. "Let us g-g-get inside and talk by th-th-the f-f-fire."

He helps her up and back into the inn and they settle by the fire and he asks the barkeep for two mugs of warm milk.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:37 pm

*Kriska interpurts*

"make that one warm milk and one barrel of mead"

*Kriska shuffles slightly away from the fire, and sneezes and coughs*

*Lucy*

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:06 pm

Saddened by Kriska's change of order, rather than fighting her, he leans forward, looks her in the eyes and says, "What could possibly make someone who when I last saw her was so carefree and happy, turn into a sour, drunken, wretch?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:16 pm

*She gives in and can not control what she is feeling knowing full well that someone was going to get the brunt of her anger, unless she could control it. She sneezes she says the following in one breath.*

"I am just so angry that I dont know what to do. I wanted to help and I had no choice. I ended up here. No choice. They're dead. Why!!!"

*At this she falls off her stool and curls up into a ball crying.*

*Lucy*

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:04 am

Bartholemew doesn't comfort her, he realises that with a situation like this, giving her the full opportunity to grieve is the best course of action. Like piercing a boil, letting the pus out and allowing the wound to heal. After a few minutes of sobbing, he kneels down and softly says, "It is good to let these feelings out, only when you have paid your respects to those who have gone, can you forgive yourself. You know in your heart that you had no choice in whatever transpired or you would not have said so then. The only reason that death occurs is because we all must die at one time or another, we have no control over when or where that may be. Rest assured that their deaths have a purpose that we cannot know at this time, but one day we may."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:35 pm

*Whilst Kriska uncurls slightly from her sobbing, seeming to relax a bit she quickly grabs hold of Bartholomew’s robes. Sobbing slightly having been slightly comforted.*

"Don't you understand? Since I've last seen you, I have seen.... One murder, the dead raise again, Red and Black Dragon-Kin, and as far as I know all the friends that I have made might be dead now!"

*For a brief moment a glazed distant look passes arcross her eyes and her body seems to relax. A stell glint then appears in her eyes and a smile across her face.*

*Lucy*

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Bartholemew tumbles over backwards at the quick movement he wasn't expecting. After extracting himself from a potentially embarrising situation, he registers what she said. He replies,

"It would not surprise me to see those things in this land, you forget where I lived before entering this land, the most unusual thing I tended to see was a humorously shaped vegatable. Though fears and doubts are the same. One saying that comes to my mind is this, no one is ever dead while those that loved them still live. And in my lands God allows people to live after death by rising to paradise. I can hope that as they were good people in their own way, that god has taken them into their own version of paradise. As for new kin, the dragon-kin you said? Well, In my world we have peoples that come from far off lands I have read of that are said to fight like dragons, I do not know if they are related to them, but the texts were ancient and came from far off. My world, as far as I can tell, has not succumbed to these warriors. Myself have faced spirits in my work, they are for the most part only lonely and lost, you only need to send them home to allow them their proper rest."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:41 am

*Kriska seems to be more relaxed as she stands up, helping Bartholemew onto his feet. She gentely sits him back down on a stool near the fire. She touches him gentely and mmbles under her breath.*

"Heal."

*Speaking in a more audible tone.*

"It's okay, everything is going to be fine now. I know at least one person has survived and that is all that matters because he is my mentor."

*Lucy*

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:51 am

"Nevertheless," he continues, "I shall pray for you and those you have lost. Its my calling, to help." He takes out his prayer beads, kneels, bends his head and mutters a quiet prayer towards her. A soft light surrounds Bartholemew for a moment, the light flows gently towards Kriska and enters her before she can react. Inside she feels that her soul is bouyed up somewhat. The last words of the prayer she makes out are "..that you may give her hope."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:17 pm

*Kriska is slightly supprised about his reaction but is happy to be prayered for even if it is most unuseral manner. She blushes slightly as she feels a warmth grow inside her. She looks down at Bartholemew and smiles unsure if she should tell him that he has just done magic or not but then goes for it anyway.*

"Did you mean to do that, I thought that you did not know how to use the power of the land? If it is a gift from your God it is most welcome. Here is there anything I can do for you? Your robs are looking all tattered can I repair them for you? I am still amazed that you just did that. We do have people in this land who ask their God to give them power or help in something and they get it granted sometimes, perhaps you are one of these?"

*Still in slight awe she takes a seat on the nearest stool behind her a bit dazed.*

*Lucy*

Return to “Sanga”