Sophies Rat-Inn

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

User avatar
Gumboots
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 5831
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:49 am
Location: Above and below the basement of Henry's bar
Contact:

Sophies Rat-Inn

Postby Gumboots » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:03 pm

*A old woman returns to her pub after seeing to her dead partner with her pet rat to reopen her Inn that had been closed for several months. She seems happy to be back at the Inn and content that she is safe and knows where her patner is burried. Opening the doors to the Inn and dusting down the tables and glasses she pulls open the curtians and starts afreash. Her home is miles away yet she knows that her patner would like her to continue on with the busness that he left behind. Her pet rat, "Vicars" is always by her side advising her on what to do.*

"At least we meet that nice elf enroute with the two coloured face he helped so much with me making my decission on reopening the Inn."

"Well I was not to keen on the other people they were talking about making me into some kinda zombie"

**Sophie**
**Vicars**

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:27 pm

*Aratain is walking through Sanga with hood of cloak over his head seeing a sign for "Sophies Rat-Inn" he puts two and two together and heads in. Walks up to the bar looking around for any familiar faces but finding the tavern empty save for the old woman and her rat. Sits on a bar stool and waits for her to approach*

*Aratain*
Last edited by quillkeeper on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gumboots
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 5831
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:49 am
Location: Above and below the basement of Henry's bar
Contact:

Postby Gumboots » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:31 pm

*Sophie having heard the door open and close carries on with the dusting behind the bar with her back to the stranger.*

"Hello and welcome I hope you find this Inn as you last saw it be..."

*Turning around she reconises the stranger*

"Oooohhh hello. It is nice to see a familiar face so far from home. Thank you for helping me make my decission of opening this Inn up."

*She turns to the rat to listern to the squeeks it is making*

"Oh and Vicars says thank you for helping him not turn into a zombie. Now how may I help you?"

**Sophie**
**Vicars**

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:42 pm

*smiles un-nervingly*

"Vicars, so that is your companions name I never got around to asking. It was no trouble to help either of you, though some of my...travelling companions might have seen that as a weakness. I do appologise for the company you meet me in but by my very nature I am a creature and servant of the balance. As for how you can help me, a drink would be nice yet I am new to this world and know little of beverages what would you recomend? Perhaps later we might discuss other matters."

*Aratain*

User avatar
Gumboots
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 5831
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:49 am
Location: Above and below the basement of Henry's bar
Contact:

Postby Gumboots » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:46 pm

*Sophie looks at him kindly and thinks he looks older than possibly he is letting on but shrugs it off*

"As for Vicars his full name is George Vicars but he does not like his first name. A ma...rat of his character has never really liked it from a young age. As for a drink now let me think, how about some nice cider?"

*The rat makes a squeeking noise that almost sounds like a no*

"Oh we dont have any, ok then how about some nice slipperly elf?"

*Again the rat makes a squeeking noise this time it does sound like a no*

"Oh well then what do we have Vicars?"

*The rat makes several squeeking noises some of the words are starting to sound like a voice to the Elf at the bar.*

"Ahh we dont seem to have much apart from water for now. Will that do?"

**Sophie**
**Vicars**

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:56 pm

*Looks intreaged at Vicars, then replies to Sophie*

"Water will be just fine. When do you plan on diversifying your stock?"

*Aratain*

User avatar
Gumboots
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 5831
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:49 am
Location: Above and below the basement of Henry's bar
Contact:

Postby Gumboots » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:04 pm

*Sophie goes and gets a freashly dusted tankard and goes to the pump. As she pumps it splurts out brown liquid but slowly it turns clear with freash spring water. Taking it back to the Elf she says to him*

"Errr let me consult my partner about something for a moment"

*She faces vicars and lowers her head down to his level. The elf can hear odd words coming from the rat and sees the looks that they both give him everynow and again. The words that he can distinguish are "Home, help, easier, useful". Standing upright Sophie goes to the man.*

"I will expand my stock as soon as you go and get me some more from the market. I could do with someone strong and young to help out in this place and I know that as far as I know you are a goodish chap so how about helping me out. As you are new to the world am I right in presuming that you do not have any perminant premisses yet? In exchange for your help how about get free accomidation you are free to come and go as you wish as long as you help me if I need it. Your room will be kept for you if you leave it for a long time and no one will enter it without your permission. How does that sound?"

*She looks at Vicars once more and they both nod.*

**Sophie**
**Vicars**

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:19 pm

"That sounds to me to be as fair a deal as I am likely to get. But in order to help you expand your stock I will need money for I have none of my own. My name is Aratain as I do not believe I have introduced myself before now. I should warn you before you decide to make this offer stand that my appetites are unusual, I gain no norishment from food or drink."

*Aratain*

User avatar
Gumboots
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 5831
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:49 am
Location: Above and below the basement of Henry's bar
Contact:

Postby Gumboots » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:25 pm

*Looks at the rat but smiles*

"I will give you a test first. Do you have anything on you that you can leave here while I send you with some money to the market if you come back with the correct change from the rava that I will give you and the correct barrels of drink and trays of food then I will see. As for you appatite as long as what ever you consume does not bring a bad name to this Inn I do not mind what you eat as long as you get rid of it after you have finished."

*The rat squeeks*

"Half and half he is and but he squeek be very useful as squeek is squeek."

*Sophie looks up*

"True, true."

**Sohpie**
**Vicars**

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:59 pm

*Looks down at he meger belongings before unsheathing his swords and placeing them on the bar.*

"These are all I own in this world, and all I really need. If they will do I will go to market for you. I have little need of money myself, so you have little to fear of me running of with yours."

*Aratain*

User avatar
Gumboots
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 5831
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:49 am
Location: Above and below the basement of Henry's bar
Contact:

Postby Gumboots » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:04 pm

*Both the rat and Sophie nod but this time it is the rat that answers*

"yes"

*Sophie reaches down under her skirt and modestly takes out 10 Rava from a garter around her thigh. She then takes the sword from the top and gives Aratain the money.*

"Well off you go then, you will find a little wagon out back."

*Sophie*
Last edited by Gumboots on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:19 pm

*Aratain slips behind the bar and disappears through the back door. He looks around and sees a small hand-cart. Shrugging he moves into position and makes sure his hood is secure before walking trough into the streets. After stopping at several market stalls the wagon is soon full and he returns to the tavern. He slips in through the back door as quietly as he left and speaks to the old woman.*

"The Wagon is full of most of what you need, the rest will be delivered shortly, there was no cost of Rava for this service, but I owe another a favour."

*He puts the remaining money onto the bar.*

"I think that should be more than enough change for what has been brought. Is that to your satisfaction?"

*Aratain*

User avatar
Gumboots
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 5831
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:49 am
Location: Above and below the basement of Henry's bar
Contact:

Postby Gumboots » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:23 pm

*Sophie watches Aratain leave and jumps when he returns back with the wagon.*

"That will be fantastic. Well I think that I can trust you so do you want the job?"

*Sophie*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:30 pm

*Sits on a bar stool.*

"I will take the job according to the terms we discussed, I will help when I am here and my room will be kept free for me when I am not. If you need help with any major issue then you need only ask."

*Aratain*

User avatar
Gumboots
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 5831
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:49 am
Location: Above and below the basement of Henry's bar
Contact:

Postby Gumboots » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:35 pm

*Sohpie looks at the rat and vice-versa.*

"That is a deal"

*The rat then squeeks*

"Perfect squeek, he will be just squeek squeek him about the squeek?"

*Sophie looks up with a knowing expression*

"How did you find the handcart?"

**Sophie**
**Vicars**


Return to “Sanga”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest