The 'Shattered Sword' tavern

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

The 'Shattered Sword' tavern

Postby bedevere » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:59 pm

*Nathaniel returns to his favourite tavern, the Shattered Sword, and goes to the bar. After getting his usual drink, he takes his seat in the corner, and gets comfortable, clearly intending to be there for a long time.*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:08 pm

*The door opens and in walks a figure, it's face hidden in the black recesses of a deep hood. He, for it soon becomes obivious that the figure is male, walks through the bar slowly, eyes can be felt peering out from inside the hood. He takes a seat in the corner facing the door and motions for a wench to attend him, his hand gloved. As he sits a brief glimpse of a sword made from bonecan be caught by those aware. A piece of parchment is passed into the wenches hand and the figure settles back into his chair as the wench goes to the bar and collects a drink, stopping en route to give the parchment to another young woman.*

*Hooded Figure.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:15 pm

*Nathaniel appears to have almost fallen asleep, but after about a minute, he clearly is fully awake. something is clearly puzzling him, and those with good senses, or who know him well, would likely notice him subtly sniffing the air for clues.

After about half a minute, he stands, and walks over to the newcomer*

Forgive my interruption, but may I join you?

*as the figure waves at one of the seats, Nathaniel sits*

I couldnt help but notice your scent is very unusual. You appear to be of a... complicated lineage. One that I would have thought impossible.
*leaning closer, all but whispering* Elven blood, but some life, some death, and a trace of high elf? Frankly, that should be impossible. I mean no offense asking this, but I feel I should do my best to find out. Who, or what, are you?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:25 pm

*The figures hood turns slightly towards Nathniel, but his gaze can still be felt directed at the young lady he sent the parchment to. His quite voice seems to half drip malice and half welcome the life around him.*

"I am but a servant of the balance, I was life that died and now I am both. The essense of another that died in my pressence has become mingled with what I am, such is the way of my nature."

*At this point the wench returns with the figures drink and looks questiongly at Nathaniel, whom she recognises. Withdrawing with as much politeness as she can muster after feeling the figures almost hungry gaze flicker across her body.*

*Hooded Figure.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:32 pm

Life that died? and is now both? I suspect you are being as subtle as a fire elf.

Aratain.

In hindsight, I should have guessed it was you. The nameless death elf returned in a manner not dissimilar, we had simply presumed you lost to us...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:39 pm

*From the shadows of the hood a smile can be felt in Nathaniel's direction, it is not a particularly warm smile.*

"Indeed, I thought you would understand that being one who was at my death. I trust you can figure out how I came to return?"

*His gaze returns to the young lady at the nearby table.*

*Aratain.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:48 pm

Why you've returned? I guess you've already said. Too keep the balance.

It's already clear to me you have changed a lot more than the death elf did, though....

May I ask your interest in that lady you have been staring at? You've barely looked away since your note was delivered to her.
Actually, I dont think you've looked away at all...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:11 pm

*A soft chuckle comes from inside the hood.*

"I did not ask if you knew why I returned, I asked if you knew how? As for my interest in the girl, you may ask but that does not mean I have to answer. HOwever if you think of what I have said you might be able to figure it out for yourself."

*Aratain.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:18 pm

Hmm. Alright, How you've returned? Given that Jasdu wandered off with your soul as the price for the ritual of resurrection we were in, I assume that he sent you back, or at least, released you back to this world.

You dont smell dead to me, so I doubt the other method of returning is the case.

As for your interest in the lady, I'd rather not guess. The only vague hint I have to your motives does not bear thinking about. I'd rather not consider such a thing of you. Despite how you've clearly changed, I still consider you my friend. However, I would still like to know your interest in her...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:38 pm

*Sips a little of the liquid in the tankard.*

"She has a strong soul. It is part of my new condition that such things are appealing to me. Food and drink do not nourish me as they used to."

*Aratain.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:47 pm

*Nathaniel thinks for a moment, and reaches into a concealed pocket*

Try this. A potion that restores soul. It may help you some, and lessen your dependance on others in such an... unpleasant... manner.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:55 pm

*Takes potion and removes the cap*

"It is not anything to do with a weakness in my soul that resort to the manners that I do it is simply a aspect of my new nature. It is something I half find repulsive, but I will try it none the less."

*Drinks the potion, but nothing seems to happen.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:59 pm

*Nathaniel is visibly saddened by this news*

Do you need death to sustain yourself? or can you survive in lesser ways? If death is needed, I will certainly not let you prey on the innocent of this city. i WILL however, aid you in preying on the foes of these innocent, if that is what it takes to guarantee the safety of those here...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:17 pm

*Smugness seems to prevade from the shadows of the hood.*

"But she is no innocent, I have watched her for a few days and this is only the start of a pattern. See the man she is with, she will use her charms to get him intoxicated, then she will lure him into an ally where he will be mugged and beaten, possibly killed. Whilst I could feast of the dead she creates indeffinatly she is disrupting the delicate balance of life and death."

*Takes another sip of the drink.*

"And yes I can subsist off lesser means..... the souls of animal will nourish me as the soul of any other creature will, it is just that a human with such a strong soul would keep me without hunger for a week or so."

*Aratain*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:22 pm

*Nathaniel sits back for a minute or so, deep in thought. Finally, he speaks*

Very well. If she leads to the death of another, I shall not stand in your way. However, I will not help such a thing either.

Consider this, though. I might well be able to research a substitute for the souls of living beings for you. I cannot guarantee it, since I have no way of knowing how hard such a thing is. However, I am more than willing to try, under the circumstances. You gave your life to restore anothers, it is the least I can do.

Until I achieve such a thing of course, I stand by my word. I will not stand in your way.
*Nathaniel clearly is not happy with what he is saying, but appears to be resigned to the fact that his friend has no choice, to survive*

Return to “Sanga”