The 'Shattered Sword' tavern

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat May 13, 2006 9:48 pm

*Smile ruefully.*

"I have a plan for overcoming the minderance once I can establish my techniques. I will simply undercut the prices of my rivals and sell to those I know to be adventurers. Once I can make quality items I will then try to craft so magicl weapons and that will give me an edge over all my competiters."

*Finishes his drink.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat May 13, 2006 9:50 pm

*Nathaniel laughs gently*

Ah, that plan. Almost identical to my own, regarding the local vendors. Though they soon realised, there is plenty trade enough for all of us. Your competition will realise this, in time. Feel free to be as ruthless as you like. They will always have someone in need of horseshoes, and the like.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat May 13, 2006 10:04 pm

*Laughs also.*

"Which is something I am not interested in learning to make. As well as weapons I am learning to imbue some of the abilities into items. That is alot trickier and alot more dangerous."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat May 13, 2006 10:06 pm

Dangerous indeed. Not only because of the forces you are learning to channel, but because some people view what your unique status has already taught you as dangerous. If people thought you could give those powers to others, even via objects, they might view you as a danger...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 4:54 pm

*Motions to a wench for another drink.*

"That they might, but it is only my uique status that allows me to gain abilities as I do. Death Elves can feast on souls, but they learn no new abilities from doing so. That and I would never risk making an item that can allow people to was leech, just in case it does pass on the ability I have."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 4:57 pm

True, but I was referring more to your sheer range of potential talents. Poisoning, an array of defensive powers, a staggering choice of offensives, and several that I've no doubt not even heard of before...

To be honest, I suspect the one most people would be most scared of, is glamour. People know not to trust high elves, and to keep an eye on them. However, you are not a high elf. This is likely why people might not trust you. Essentially, because they dont understand you.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 5:09 pm

*Waits in silence whilst the wench brings over his drink.*

"Few people know I have te ability to use Glamour, and I intend on keeping that way. It is something else I will never put into an item, I do not what it's power to be idly banded around."

*Take a sip of his drink.*

"I think that people will start to strongly object when the more goodly elves are the only abilities outstanding. There were some ready to strike me over the souls of Fire Elves. Still they do not understand death as one who has been there, every soul that leaves it's body, unless something is done to keep it in this world travels to the Hope Wastes, where they are trapped. Even that of a Life Elf celebrant of Lenamo who gave his live to restore anothers."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 5:15 pm

Hmm. The more 'goodly' elves.

I've often wondered what it is that pushes certain types of elves to specific moral philosophies. Why, for example, are earth elves so unbiased, morally speaking? I've never even heard of one that was strongly biased to any extreme of moral behaviour.

Why is it that Fire elves are so evil, when the forces they embody are neither goodly nor evil.

Perhaps in time, you might have an insight into this. Of course, I am assuming you do not already...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 5:25 pm

"I do not have that insight, though I can see where it comes from in the cases of Life and Death Elves. Life Elves embody life we..."

*He catches himself and continues with a slight grin visable beneath his hood.*

"That is they care for all lfe as they are connected to it, all life deserves a chance to thrive and prosper, even such opposites as the Death Elves, hence the reason I worked with the Nameless and later absorbed his Death essence so that he might survive. I have not seen the human he became, do you know of him?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 5:32 pm

Not beyond the short time I saw him after you left us, no. I've heard little of him since, to be honest.

I suspect he is finding it harder to adapt than you are. He has gone from something with an innate connection to a major aspect of the forces of nature, to human. We do not connect with any aspect of the balance anywhere near as well as elves do.

Of course, remember that I don't spend much time adventuring these days. I keep meaning to, but things get in the way...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 5:37 pm

"I do see myself ending up being restricted to the forge aa great deal once my techniques are up to stracth, I spend alot of time there as it is just learning, so I came see where you are coming from."

*Shrugsunder his cloak.*

"Perhaps once my business is underway properly we could set up and combined place of work, "Brews and Blades." or some such like that. The one stop shop for all your adventuring wares."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 5:45 pm

*Nathaniel tilts his head thoughtfully*

I'd suggested something similar a while back, though you have got me thinking about something a bit more.... broadly aimed.

There are guilds for mages, woodsmen, and a few mercenary groups, but nothing for adventurers as a whole. Some might be talented in more than one area, others might simply prefer to think of themselves as adventurers, others again might prefer a mixed field of friends to spend time with in a familiar setting...

Perhaps setting up a guild for all adventurers, with the means to supply, assist, and inform them in all means necessary would be an interesting course of action?

Lets see. figher types, power users, and so on, all manage to find the basics for themselves. Fair enough, since if they couldn't, they'd most likely struggle in the adventurers lifestyle. However, a healing potion would likely help them out, and it'd increase my advertising, too. A few well made pieces of equipment loaned out would probably do the same for you. After all, a sword made by a master is a valuable item when facing casters. From what I've seen, negative magics seem to just slip off them...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 5:53 pm

"A shop, with suitable workshops for each of us, would be easier to establish. If we were to make that our first task once I am ready to start trading then we could build up the guild from customers and friends we know to be "in the trade" shall we say?"

*Takes a sip from his tankard.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 5:56 pm

Indeed. My trade is established well enough, so I am capable of starting such a thing whenever you are. Perhaps with my help, your shop might become established a little faster.

I can assist with two things, mainly. Spreading the word, and money. Any time you need either, let me know.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 6:04 pm

*Sips from his tankard thoughfully.*

"Perhaps you might be able to help in another way. I have a rather distinctive face. Hence my wandering around hooded, but the local traders know of me none the less. Perhaps you could help buying the ore and other raw materials, you might have more luck than I."

Return to “Sanga”