The 'Shattered Sword' tavern

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 6:07 pm

*Nathaniel smiles*

Ah, a different form of financial help. Of course.

I can easily come up with some plausible reason I might need moderate quantities of unworked metal. I suspect that if I were to say I am researching a permanent transmutation, most would believe me. Such things are completely impossible, of course, as they would endanger the balance. However, few people have much of a knowledge of such advanced alchemy. To be honest, I doubt I could explain the exact reasons myself...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 6:16 pm

*Nods in thanks.*

"It seems that there is going to be interesting times ahead of us. From a ritual to business partners, and if the success of the ritual is anything to go by we should do well in this coming venture."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 6:26 pm

*Nathaniel smiles once more, though this smile has a very different look*

Ah, that ritual. No offence, but I dont plan to enter one again. I've not been the same since.

Not that you have either, I know. However, I lost something from within me that I've yet to regain, and I simply dont feel up to as much as I used to...

Anyway. This shop. I know a decent sized place that likely has most of what we need. I have no idea what sort of money would be needed to rent the place, but asking cant hurt. I'll let you know what they say.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 6:31 pm

"You are not alone in not wanting to enter a ritual again, and I am srry that you had to lose something, I thought my life would have been more that enough to return Trackers. As for the shop if you do not ask then you will never know when will you be able to find out?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 6:39 pm

Do not be sorry. What came out of that circle was more important than what went in. Still, I am not going back into one, unless I see no other alternative.

As for the shop, I'll keep thinking on the name. You know me, even if the first name is the best one we think of, I'd not be satisfied until I've thought of another few dozen.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 6:43 pm

"Very well, I'll leave the name to you and concentrate on getting ready for business, I still have much to master before we can think of opening. Still..."

*Raises his tankard.*

"Here's to our future business, may it prosper."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 6:45 pm

*nathaniel raises his drink also*

Indeed. May the rewards of this venture reflect its risks.

*with this, he takes a generous drink from his tankard*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 6:48 pm

*Drinks with Nathaniel.*

"Well unless there is anything else you would like, or indeed need, to discuss I suppose I had better be getting back to my work shed and resuming the mastery of my new art."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun May 14, 2006 6:51 pm

I believe we have covered all we need to. Until we meet again, then.

*Nathaniel gives his usual informal salute, and returns his attention to his notebook*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 6:58 pm

*Aratain stands and turns to leave before turning back to the table.*

"Oh, just one more thing. If you need to contact me, I'll more than likely be at Sophie's Rat-Inn. Until we meet again I'll bid you goodbye."

*With that he turns and leaves the Shattered Sword once more.*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue May 23, 2006 9:42 pm

*The cloaked form of Aratain once more enters the Shattered Sword. Only this time he walks directly to Nathaniel's usual table and invites himself to sit, motioning for a wnech to bring him a drink.*

"Good Evening Nathaniel, I trust you are coping well?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue May 23, 2006 9:46 pm

Of course. Business is good, my research is advancing well, and I find myself with a lot more spare time. I might actually get to do some proper scouting with an adventuring party soon, if things keep going this way.

*As he says this, Nathaniel smiles slightly*

Truth be told, I'm spending far too much time in the city. I've learned a lot while here, but I need to get back to my roots now and then. My home village is gone now, but the woods around it are near enough the same, and those were always more home to me than the houses it surrounded.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue May 23, 2006 9:54 pm

*Chuckle as the wench brings his drink.*

"Back to your roots eh? I like that. Your lucky to be able to go back to your roots, I for one never can. Nor would I want to. Still much research is also going well."

*He places a dagger on the table it looks just like the One Nathaniel made with his potion of Alchemy.*

"It could be stronger and the steel better tempered, but I'm getting there. It was the materials you managed to procure for me that halped i's creation. What do you think?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue May 23, 2006 9:59 pm

*Nathaniel examines the blade, and makes a few practise actions with it*

Good balance. I must say, you are proving to be a quick learner. To make a weapon of this kind of quality after so little time learning? you will soon put the smiths of this city to shame.

So. How is your business going? I can see your skills are more than enough to the task, but how are your trading skills?

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue May 23, 2006 10:03 pm

*Smiles under his hood.*

"I am not happy with that yet, I am sure the knowledge I have gained through the High Elves can allow me to do better. Still I have them to thank for the speed of my education, I still need more prcactice though and as such am not yet ready to start trading."

Return to “Sanga”