The Vault at Sanga

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

The Vault at Sanga

Postby Luke » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Ishan ran around the city of Sanga at an antisocial speed. Asking guards for his destination.

He arrived at the building that housed Harwood's vault, with no plan beyond that.

He rushed the nearest guard and vomitted requests

Please, I need to get in the vault, to see a book. I can be supervised, drained of essence before I go in, even in chains. The fate of the entire city, no, humanity, could be at stake! Please any official, anyone that could get me inside, or the book out.

He had clear desperation in his eyes.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Re: The Vault at Sanga

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Three officials, some pureshard chains and two very burly guards later access was granted.

The contingent made it's way to the records, church, guild, tribe, everything. The wealth of knowledge in this vault was staggering, suffocating in a way that can only be felt by the frustration of never being able to live long enough to absorb it all.

They reached the shelf in question and one of the officials pulled down a big, heavy and dusty tome.

Years 20-25 were written on the front. The symbol of a moon on the spine.

The book was led down on the table and opened. ishan was delighted, in the most part the book contained original copies, protected and magically sealed but readable.

They found year 21, the year the Quarin were born in lenamo's sanctuary, the year the Death cult split off from Lenamo with the help of Velnashar. The same year that the first hopeslayers were born. Two years before their defeat at Mahtar by the Larkants.

The member's list could contain the very names of those priests that turned themselves into the Quarin, or even those that conducted the ritual to create them from an ideal.

Knowledge is power, names are knowledge. It could be nothing, or it could be something...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:30 am

Oh... okay... I'd like to leave now. But I need to take this with me. Fate of the world could be on this decision. I will copy every page, every word if needs be. There is another copy at the university so this is not the only one. I really, really need to take this tome...

he paused... awaiting an answer with a heart beating a hopeful march...

(editted for being an idiot)
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:10 pm

There's some discussion, eventually messengers are sent before a message comes back.

Knowledge is more important that a physical object and knowledge should be shared.

Have the scribes make a copy, he can have the original.

Drake
Haran's representative for the Jehovern
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Abbarah, The Snake, The Spider and the Rat thank you, and your master!

He hugged the official, beaming a smile.

He pulled a bottle of water from his bag, poured a little into his hands and offered it to the men.

The Kor be forever friends of Sanga!

He put the tome in his bag and left the Vault.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Sanga”