**Forum Etiquette** - Please read

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

**Forum Etiquette** - Please read

Postby Will » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:31 am

When posting in IC forums please bear the following in mind:

- Can your character be in several places at once? Avoid posting as the same character in multiple threads unless there is a very good justifiable reason for doing so

- Consider the others in the forum. Is it right to race ahead and make 30 posts whilst the other person has had to go away for awhile?

- Consider your own presence. Perhaps if you are in a very fast moving thread and you have to leave OOC for a period of time, it would be good for your character to leave the thread as well

- Fighting. Avoid fighting/use of spells at all cost. If you need to for roleplay effect only, ensure you negotiate with the other people OOC what you are going to do and make sure everyone agrees to what is being done.

Cheers!
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:07 pm

Idea: If you wish to draw the attention of a referee to a thread, please put ** around the title

Then we'll know which ones to pay attention to/plot with :)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:47 pm

Can we have some method of pointing out if we really, really, really don't want refs to read it? 8)
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:23 pm

Will wrote:Idea: If you wish to draw the attention of a referee to a thread, please put ** around the title

But we can't change the title of a thread that we've not started, so, um, if we're using one of the tavern threads like we're s'posed to do, we can't do it.

Perhaps we could send a ref a private message saying "could you take a look here?". Or, perhaps, we could print out the URL of the thread, attach it to a mouse and release it in the hopes that, somehow, it not only discerns the whereabouts of the relevant ref but, against all odds, also survives the journey.
"Whoops."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:36 pm

I like the mouse idea. That way I can use blind mice if I really, really, really don't want refs to look at my posts. They may run fast, but they always travel in threes and have really bad luck...
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:49 pm

The idea of having set Tavern threads for general banter was so that if there is an important plot discussion you could start a new thread and the refs would know to read it. I know that often chats end up leading to plot, and if so is not always convient to start a new thread. The intent however is there.

Return to “Sanga”