Time Goes By

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:18 pm

*Kriska finally happy to see that the person she has been waiting for finally come in the door and come over to her. She seems to wake up with a little start as he approaches. As he speaks she listerns and then speaks for herself.*

"I will, can I just say first that I am sorry that I never got back to you at the Dragons Tooth its just I had pressing buisness with Drake that needed to be dealt with. As for me I will try and answer what I can for you I have all the time in the world at the moment it seems but I must warn you that if I get interupted by somthing..."

*She looks over her shoulder and then back to the man.*

"...Not to be worried about it. By the way I never did catch your name the first time what is it may I ask?"
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:24 pm

"Admiral Toshi Kataribe, of the Kenson household," Toshi grins, revealing a row of fairly sharp looking teeth, "and, if you get interrupted by something, I shall simply wait patiently for the matter to resolve itself. It seems that getting interrupted is a popular pastime around here.

"But, I'm rushing ahead of myself. Although I'm making some progress here, there are still.. elements that confuse me. I heard one peasant make a remark about a person called 'Haran', and, well, I gather this is your Emperor?"
"Whoops."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:07 am

*Kriska looks rather contemplatative trying to figure out what to say. She knows that at the moment she can not fully trust him in terms of telling him what she things about things. In the end she decides to tell him the basics.*

"It is nice to meet you finally Admiral Toshi Kataribe, as for the Haran, yes he is kinda the ruler of the humans, there is supposed to be one Haran for each of the different human tribes however the main Haran in these areas has made himself the Haran of all the Harans as far as I can tell. But he is not the ruler of other races, I am elf and supposibly I am ruled by Erathil but I do not consider this. At the moment I am only ruled by nature. I obey the people that ask for help or need help. I am new to this area like you although I have been here for almost 5 months. The Haran, as far as I can tell, is chosen by election which I consider most crule but others may not. He talks the thoughts out of people to discover if a person really does want him to be ruler over the others. I have seen this happen it does not effect me but it does effect all the humans and it is not nice to watch. It does not matter where a human is they will be probed and the thoughts that are pulled out of the people are twisted to say that yes the Haran at the moment should stay. I know that there are some who are loyal to the Haran at the moment but I also know that alot of people are not happy with the decision. More so than the ones who are happy."

"Since I have been here I have meet the Haran once. He was doing a ritual to gain the power to control something however I do not quite remember what but it involved the God of Magic. Does this make any sence to you? It confused me when I first found out as well."

*Lucy*

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:25 pm

Sitting in silence and trying to take the information in, Toshi then simply blinks at Kriska, as if she was speaking in an entirely foreign language. Laughing a little, he leans forward.

"So the humans live in households, and each of these households.. is.. ruled by the Emperor Haran. You're an elf, and your Emperor is called Erathil, but you don't... oh, I see. So you are engaged in High War with Emperor Erathil, and some of the human households are fighting a High War against the Emperor Har-" he paused, then looked straight at Kriska in shock, "-you vote for the Emperor? So if everyone wished a complete fool to become the Emperor, he would be elected?

"That rather explains a lot. Poor humans. Now, about this "elf" thing. Explain. I thought you were just a differently coloured human. And why do you not recognise your own Emperor?"
"Whoops."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:03 pm

*Kriska listerns carefully as he makes some mistakes and some surprising correct estimates. However when she hears about elves being "differently coloured humans" her expressions changes to one of mild anger. She speaks angerly trying not to yell to loudly*

"I AM NOT A HUMAN"

*She coughs and her voice returns to normal*

"Sorry you really are not from here are you. Elves were created a day after humans there is a very large difference the best way to tell is by the ears."

*she shows him hers*

"The original elves were created from magic to represent each aspect of the elements like fire, earth, air and water but there are also others like winter, high, wood, light and shadow. Since then there have been others that were created like life and death. While humans were created not to represent anything but to just be life. I am unuseral because I was born and so where my parents, I say this is unuseral because not many elves that are alive are born."

*She sighs and drinks the remainder of her tankard that she had brought upon entering the Tavern*

"As for me not reconising Erathil as my leader my village that I come from was never under his leadership, although I knew about him I did not have to follow him."

*Lucy*

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:13 pm

Noticing the reaction he got about the elves and humans, Toshi decides to drop that particular issue though, as she points out her ears, he can't help but want to bring the suject up.

"So there are these elves, blessed to represent an element, and their blessing is shown by having slightly pointed ears? Anyway, I shan't press the issue of your race, as I fear it will lead to frayed tempers. So, there is the Emperor Erathil, of the elf households, and the Emperor Haran, of the human households? What is the relationship between the two of them?"

As he talked, he thought of a hundred more possible questions...

"You are an elf, but you did not have to recognise the Emperor of the elf households? Does this not mean you are a traitor to your household? Or is it common practice for an Emperor to allow entire villages of rebels to go unpunished? Ah, I am probably drowning you with questions now. Is there anything I could possibly enlighten you about? I would hate for me to come away from this exchange with all this knowledge and to leave you with nothing."
"Whoops."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:35 pm

*Kriska sighs deeply and tries to control her anger at the pointed ears part but however gets a little confused with all the questions.*

"Right elves you have the idea of. I think my village is not in the area that Erathil owns even though nothing apart from Elves live there. There are some people who are loyal to Erathil but most of the elves fled from him when he took over what is called the Heartlands. My family was one of them. Erathil wants to control all the elves and the Haran wants to control...well I was going to say all the humans but that is not true he wants to control everthing....I think to a point so does Erathil. The Haran you have a bit confused he is I think what you call an emporar but his title is Haran it is not his name. The link between them both is that they BOTH want to have power and to dominate all that are lower than them to the point of almost putting them into a form of slavery. Oh and they consider that everything is below themselves."

*Kriska thinks about what the other questions were asked for a brief moment.*

"The ears are one idication to a person being an elf there are also sometimes markings or colouration as you have already noticed between the differnt elements of elves. So that we can tell the difference. Somtimes this is very subtle. As for the households I think yes that you are correct to a certian extent."

*Pausing slightly for a moment to consider her position.*

"As for me being a trator I will let you judge that for yourself I can only say that I am standing up for what I consider to be correct, if there is anything that I agree on I will go by it even if it means a lot of trouble for me or my friends. I follow the law but I think that both the Haran and Erathil has abused their powers so I do not agree with the new laws that they have brought in. One such law is that ALL power users have to carry on them a licence to say that they are able to use power. I think this is wrong. Others do not."

*She looks contemplatitly down at her empty tankard thinking about what she would like to ask him*

"One thing I would like to ask is what are you? Also do you know where you come from? How did you get here? Are there others like you? Do you need your cloths repairing? Do you need some more new cloths? What is you home like?"

*She looks slightly embarised at asking all the questions back to him.*

*Lucy*

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:33 pm

"I can't really say if you're a traitor or not," Toshi smiled as the bartender came over and put down a plate full of bread and a mug of water on the table, "as I don't know you very well. Only you can say if you are a traitor or not, and only you can know if being a traitor is the correct thing to do."

Tearing a piece of bread in two, he pops a bit of it into his mouth.

"I am a thrice-blessed kitsune. Blessed by the kami of fox, of cunning and of greatness. And, yes, I know where I came from. The difficult part is working out where I should be going, as going back home would not be advisable. As.. for others like me? Other thrice-blessed? Back home, yes. With me, no. The other four did not survive the journey, but there are others making camp by the boat."

Looking down at his clothes, he laughs a bit and tries to brush some of the dried mud off.

"Home was, um, home was home. A small collection of islands. Alas, during the last war, I found myself in the unenviable position of either having my head removed, or being exiled. The details are mostly unimportant. Now, the two Emperors, are they engaged in High War?"
"Whoops."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:06 pm

*Kriska gets quite excited about the idea of a boat.*

"A boat does this mean that you have sailed here? I love the water I have grown up errr....in and out of the water. As for the two leaders they have no love for each other Erathil keeps sending troops into Sinya Palurin but I do not know about the other way around. On adventureing I have come accross both patrols sometimes fighting each other. It is more the people of the land are fighting the leaders more than anything else. If you like you could come with me at some point and journey with me for a while?"

*Lucy*

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:04 am

Shifting about in his chair, Toshi nods.

"Yes, we sailed here. The only reason we survived the seas, of course, was because they neglected to remember my position of Admiral. The land doesn't fight though, people fight over land. I can travel with you for a while, but I should keep an eye on the others, otherwise they will probably wonder where I have got to. Worse still, they may assume I have been killed, and they would surely level the whole town to find my killer."

Putting some more bread in his mouth, he begins to chew it up, giving him some time to think about more problems he's been facing.

"Adventuring?"
"Whoops."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:00 pm

*Kriska nods with agreement on the keeping an eye on the others.*

"Yes we errr....tend to go out in groups to try and help people who need help. Exscuse me for a moment I will be right back"

*She gets out of the chair and wounders over to a notice board with lots of pieces of paper all over. She rumages through a load looking for one in-particular. Upon finding it she goes back over to the table with it. Showing it to Admrial Toshi then remembering that he can not read. She reads a bit from it. Its the notice that Krishena put up for going to her village.*

"You see people place notices like these in some if not all of the Taverns in the area and then we meet up and see if any of us can go and help out. I was planning of going to my glade for a while to meditate if you want you could meet me there in a couple of weeks and see what news has been going on in Sanga. That way you can keep an eye on the rest of your people as well as coming with me? Its not far in fact I can show you at some point?"

*Lucy*

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:00 pm

Toshi listened, in silence, to the message that was read out and, giving the matter his full thought for a few seconds, looks at Kriska, trying not to sound too confused.

"So a person hires other people to aid them on a risky undertaking? What guarantees are there that the people hired are capable of doing the work at hand? Of course, going out and helping people, well, nobody can complain about that, but... I guess I cannot judge, this is the way this land works, no matter how.." Toshi goes quiet, then laughs the matter off, smiling.

"Ah, meditation, I pay my dues but cannot abide the dullness of religion. I shall pay more heed to the ways of the kami when I am counted as one of their number. If you could show me where you would wish to meet me again, it would certainly make meeting you much easier."
"Whoops."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:23 pm

*Kriska nods once more.*

"There is just one thing with me taking you to the glade where I meditate. And it is not a religion my religion as such is not the same as my meditation. However I can get to speak to my God though my meditation. It is found that within us all there are safe havens like rooms or in my case a glade. With in these rooms are things to help guide you through life. The God I follow is more of a guide to me than someone whom I worship. I am not like Bartholemew or any of the celebrants. I am a druid I follow the way of the land trying to keep some form of balance. Sometimes this is hard because of the laws. I also try and protect any vegitation and wildlife that need help like if a fire starts I will put it out, if a tree is hurting I feel sorry for it and see where the pain is coming from. I am slowly learning what it is to be a druid but I know that the glade outside sanga is a safe place for me to be. One thing is that if I show you to it you must not tell anyone else where it is?"

*She looks and waits patiently for a reply.*

*Lucy*

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:18 pm

"I shall not tell anyone else about the location of the glade," Toshi nods, standing himself up from the chair, the comment about religion and nature going largely over his head, "I would let you discuss your views on religion with our priests. They can be very persuasive."

With a slight bow, he grins.

"Lead on."
"Whoops."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:35 pm

*Kriska stands and leads Toshi out of the gracefull elf. Seeing that it is getting dark she hurry's her pace. She leads him out of the East gate of Sanga and into the woods. She points out a small stream and leads him on further. When they come to a clearing she shows him where she will most likely be, up a tree.*

"Now do you think that in future you will be able to find your way here again?"

*Lucy*

Return to “Sanga”