Return to the Shattered Sword

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Return to the Shattered Sword

Postby bedevere » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:03 pm

*Nathaniel Walks back into the tavern, looking quite pleased with himself.

He gets himself a drink, and takes his usual seat, then starts flicking through his notebook*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:05 pm

*Cloaked and hooded Aratain walks through the door and sits at a table motioning for a wench to come over. When she approaches he orders a drink and waits for it to arrive.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:06 pm

*Nathaniel, without looking up, calls over*

Evening, Aratain. Care to join me?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:09 pm

*Looks over to Nathaniel under his hood and, though his face is in shadow the feeling that he smiles permiates the shadows of his face. He rises and walks over.*

"It would be nice to have some company this evening."

*He sits down.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:12 pm

Good to see you again.

Forgive me for being blunt, but I notice you have not... fed, since we last met. Might I ask if this is by choice, or not?

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:17 pm

*The quite sound of a chuckle comes from inside the hood and he speaks in low tones.*

"I have fed, but not on any elves. It is only elven cuisine that gives me new strength. However I have not taken the life of my food for some time, that young poisoner was the last. She was strong and it has kept me nourished. I start to hunger again though, and I have heard of some interesting morsels outside of the city."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Well, with all the activity in the war, I assume you have considered resuming your adventuring career? You would likely sustain yourself very well by such endeavours.
Alternatively, have you thought of joining the city guards? there are occasional executions, in the name of law and order, after all...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:26 pm

*Chuckle once again as the wench brings his drink. When she leaves he speaks again.*

"That was what was meant by interesting morsels. Joining the guard however I think is not a good idea. My appitites would more than likely land me in trouble. Enough of me what of you, your potion lore increased since my death?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:30 pm

*Nathaniel lets out a slight chuckle as Aratain asks this*

Indeed. I have spent a lot of time and money, and the results are worth it. I can now make about ten times as many kinds of potions as I could, last we met.

*He reaches into a pocket, and slides a piece of paper across the table*

Here is a list. Feel free to give copies to other people.

So. If you are not doing much except 'sustaining' yourself, what are your plans? I assume that you would rather do more than simply stay as you are. I've done all I can to develop myself, and with your unique condition, I cant imagine you are any different...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:35 pm

"Well I have one goal, that is to retrieve the Chalice of Eramine and give it to Jasdu, it was his mistress after all that returned me to life in my current condition. And yes I seek more Elven cuisine, though not for the sustinance it brings but the strength I gain from it's consumption. I have practiced my martial skills since I last ventured out, and for one who never fought in his first life, I am learning well in my second."

*With this he drinks from his tankard.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:38 pm

*Nathaniel raises an eyebrow at this news*

Interesting. Perhaps a reflection of the forces within you? Two opposing forces created you, that are in eternal conflict.
Alternatively, maybe you gain more than you thought from your... meals.

Ah well, perhaps too philosophical for this time of the evening.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:39 pm

"No no, I am intruiged. Carry on with this line of thought please."

*Drinks more from his tankard.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:44 pm

Well, if you insist...

From what I have heard from others, the soul is widely considered the centre of the being. That which makes them what they are. All they have learned, and all that they are, can be found in it, logically.

Therefore, given how you sustain yourself, it might well be that while your elven heritage allows you to enhance your capabilities in the innate magics of your kind, you might be well be overlooking the potential to gain in other ways. Perhaps instead of focusing on the one aspect that has interested you so far, specifically, the race, either consider a more broad aspect, or even focus on another completely.

Just to try and get a better idea of whether this might be true, is it likely you have fed from a skilled warrior? or, I suppose, several adequate ones?

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:50 pm

*Thinks for a time drinking slowly.*

"I have consumed several warriors since my return, though I would not say any were particularly skilled as they all feel to my, and others blades. So yes perhaps I am consuming the combination of their martial prowess. That is a very interesting idea, one that definatly deserves more detailed thought."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:56 pm

There is one thing to bear in mind. This might not work just for strengths. Weaknesses might well be passed on, too. Each of the elves has certain vulnerabilities, or so I am told, and I cannot think of a reason that such things might not be absorbed, along with whatever else.

The balance of the strengths you gain, I suppose.

Hmm. One more thought...
I hope this one is wrong, and I have nothing to base this idea on, so do not worry unduly, but what if this is a way for those who die near you to live on, too? After all, if you take part of them inside you, what if that part can gain control somehow?

Return to “Sanga”