Back at the Shattered Sword

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

quillkeeper

Back at the Shattered Sword

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:07 pm

*A cloaked figure walks into the tavern and looks around. He walks up to the bar and orders a drink then looks around for a familiar face.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:11 pm

*Nathaniel, without looking up, waves at Aratain.*

Evening. Here for a while? have a seat.

So, been busy? you smell.... different...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:14 pm

*Walks over to Nathaniel and sits.*

"Indeed, I have only just back to Sanga. I will not need to eat now for many months. How abaout you?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:17 pm

I've been well, though business is slow at the moment. I suppose that it takes time for word of mouth to spread knowledge of my skills enough to get me the business i'd like.

Life in general has been slow for me, at the moment. I've been doing some scouting, for various people, but mostly, its been research and a little minor brewing of things that some might consider a waste of my skills.

So. I take it you were adventuring today? I seem to keep failing to hear about such outings until its too late...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:23 pm

"Yes well the message only appeared about two days before the meeting so it is not surprising. We were hired by Harwood the so-called Larkant Prince, it seems he is seeking to take on the Pathway, and had heard of some plans that might aid his attempt."

*Takes a swig of his Ale.*

"Needless to say that Earthil's lackys didn't want us to find these, and so I had plenty of food. It would have been more, but people objected to my dining habits."

*He laughs mirthlessly.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:30 pm

I've wondered a lot recently, about peoples beliefs and reactions. After all, how many of us can claim to know what a soul actually is?

If nobody knows what a soul is, who can in all fairness object?
Also, I am going to guess that several there were the so called 'knights of eremine'. For the most part, equally extreme to the people they seek to destroy. A balance of sorts, but one that by defenition is fragile.

Yours though, is a new balance. One that by its very nature, is self correcting. Were you to absorb much from one, you would reach a limit, in what they achieve in their own powers, and stop. Eventually, you would do so for all kinds of elves, and presumably, have reached your natural limits. A limit to your power, and a natural balancing effect on the way.

You are much like an empty space, I've come to realise. When something suitable passes, it gets sucked into the void that you are....

Void elf. A good name, I suspect. Do you like it?

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:39 pm

"Yes I like the name. I also think that perhaps you were right in our previous discussions after feeding on one of the High Elves I realised that I knew how to maintain armour and repair it if need be. Although this knowledge is only rudimentary it is a foundation to build upon. Also I have gained a disdain for the equipment I use perhaps I shall learn how to make myself better."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:45 pm

Hmm. It is good to know that my reasoning was sound on the matter, but it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered. What else do you gain, is the main one.

Still. As for the issue of better equipment, why not take what you need from the fallen? It honours their memory, at least in some peoples reckoning, to deem their equipment worthy of using yourself.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:57 pm

"Erathil's lackys are not as well equipped as they used to be. Their equipment is little better than what I currently use. Besides if I have the basic knowledge on crafting now, I might as well buiild upon it and then sell superior arms or whatever else I make to the people that venture out to protect the lands."

*Quaffs more of his drink.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:05 pm

*Nathaniel smiles at this news*

Between the two of us, it seems, we have a lot of potential for profits. One of these days, we should really do something about that. All the hard work I've done to gain these skills, it's only fair, after all. As for yourself, I'd certainly not want my talents wasted, even if I was in the position of the elves you met today...

Ah well, I must admit, I am more generous than I like to admit. If I were to get rich, I'd only end up helping out my friends in need. One persons profit is another persons loss... *Nathaniel puts a hand to something worn around his neck, apparently subconsciously*

Anyway. I am sorry to cut this short, but I am rather tired. I'm off to bed, but feel free to catch up with me again in the near future. I must admit to enjoying our talks lately.

*He stands, gives his usual informal salute, and goes upstairs to his room*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:45 pm

*After bidding Nathaniel good night Aratain finishes his drink and walks out of the tavern. He heads back home and to his bed, needing rest to heal his injured arm.*

Return to “Sanga”