The Gracefull Elf

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

quillkeeper

The Gracefull Elf

Postby quillkeeper » Mon May 01, 2006 7:23 pm

*A new day dawns and the Tavern is open for business as usual.*

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Mon May 01, 2006 7:36 pm

Bartholomew enters and asks the tavern keeper, "I was wondering if you knew the whereabouts of an unusual looking elf, called Aratain. He has a face with two colours upon it."

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Fri May 05, 2006 10:16 am

*Owealz Juper, The Inn-keeper turns from the polishing of glasses behind the bar and looks at Bartholemew.*

"An elf wit' two colours on ees face? Are ye daft man? Elves only be one colour in da face."

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Fri May 05, 2006 7:37 pm

Bartholemew replies, "Well I said he was unusual, however, it is obvious you have not seen him, you would have remembered. Thank you all the same, God bless you and keep you." He finishes with marking the sign of the cross towards the barkeep before leaving.

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Mon May 08, 2006 12:05 am

*Owealz Juper cleans up after a quite eventful party. He thinks about putting a sign up next the the Graceful elf sign saying, 'As patronised by Gods'. Though he wonders if that will attract the wrong sort, the sort to break the furniture. He dismisses the thought and sweeps the sawdust out then sprinkles a new sackful on the floor.*

Bartholemew enters looking slightly agitated, he sits down, and orders a jug of water and a tankard. When they arrive he pours a full measure out and drinks half of it before setting it down and gasping. He keeps looking to the door as if waiting for someone.

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Mon May 08, 2006 9:02 am

Kerrigan enters he goes up to the bartender, and orders a tankard or dragonstear to be taken to the table where Bartholemew is sitting and goes over an joins him

Hello Bartolemew, I am glad to see you made it back after I left I was worried that you might not

**Kerrigan**
I am the oldest man in the system being over 7000 years
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad
I am also Alice's great great granddad

If you too want to look this good at my age call me

And this isn't even my character

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Mon May 08, 2006 9:55 am

Blake, dripping wet, wanders in to the Graceful Elf, looking round he smiles at Kerrigan and Bartholemew

'Morning folks,
Good ta see you made it back in good time an so it is.

Sorry it took me a while ta get back, but had to see Zhareya back ta her folks farm an, well, the goodbyes took a while...

Anyway, Kerrigan, I'm thinkin' we might want to see if Traveller and some other folk might want to assemble somewhere for a bit o' a council o war...
Things seem ta be gatherin pace an I'm thinkin that some gettin tagether an talkin is likely needed?

**Blake**

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Mon May 08, 2006 6:48 pm

Hey Blake glad to see that you made it back here, and I have been thinking about that due to recent events, if no one else calls one I will be sending out letters inviting people to something of that effect in about a week, I have to make a short journey before hand.
Oh now I before I forget here is your money Blake and yours to Bartholemew, I believe that it is well earned
Kerrigan reaches into his pocket and brings out two 10 rava notes and hands one to Blake and the other to Bartholemew

Right now that I had remembered did you learn any good spells from today?

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Mon May 08, 2006 8:19 pm

Bartholemew starts to talk to Kerrigan when the door opens and Blake enters. For a second he jumps and is quiet, but seeing as it was Blake he relaxes. He lets the greetings pass and then adds, "A council of war would be good, although I'm not one for fighting for no reason, I had thought to pass on some information that you may not know that I gained while out on our sojurn to find the chalice."

He looks around and making sure that no one else was in earshot, he whispers to them both. "The Halfling, Mr Bluenose that we discovered without his memories. He definately was the man who had gained the information to help us in our fight against pathway. The box he was referring to was the one that we found a few weeks ago beyond that awful chasm with the painful vines." He takes another deep pull from his tankard before continuing, "His was the note that was in the box. As soon as I explained to him that we had found it and what it contained, he was struck down..I believe, by a touch of death. Erathil's hand was upon him, even though he was at a far distance. I had not the faith to restore him to conciousness, but I left him still alive. It is possible that we may return to the grove and return him to Sanga. Possibly to remove the bonds that the bringer of evil in this land has laid upon him. He might have more information if only we can free him."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon May 08, 2006 8:24 pm

*Vorian returns to the tavern, gets his usual drink from the bar, and heads towards his normal table. However, on the way, he overhears part of the nearby conversation, and the moment the name 'Erathil' is spoken, casually changes direction, and goes to a completely different table, at the other end of the tavern*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Cromm

Postby Cromm » Mon May 08, 2006 9:36 pm

*A figure with a long black cloak and a hood up enters* *those of you who have seen me before will recognise this a Lamedos's garb.

Not stopping my gaze to stare at anything I look around, upon spotting Kerrigan Lamedos strolls right over. Tap Kerrigan on the shoulder, when I have Kerrigans attention Lamedos states 'Ahh Kerrigan, I believe I am still owed 10 rava for helping you recover that chalice ?'

'It was a great pleasure to meet you, dont get me wrong, but I have to be off soon to do my own thing, so if I could grab that 10 rava now that would be much appreciated.'
Better Crippled in Body Than Corrupt in Mind

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Tue May 09, 2006 9:51 am

Kerrigan reaches into his pocket and brings out two 10 rava notes and hands one to Blake and the other to Bartholemew

Blake smiles at Kerrigan and waves his thanks, just as Lamedos strides over. Seeing that Kerrigan is distracted Blake turns back to Brother Bartholemew

Interesting stuff.
I'm kinda gettin the feelin that there's a whole lot of information out there about stuff an that it's not really manageing ta get shared around?
A lot o' different things goin' on and weavin in an out.
Some folk are all keen on some things an others will ha' noticed other bits.
Which is pretty much what I was emanin' by a council o' war. Not actually talking in terms o goin ta war, but just tryin ta pool as much as we can about what folk know and usin that as a base ta work out what's goin on and what needs doin'.

Blake pauses, to give Kerrigan time to sepak with Lamedos then, once Kerrigan's attention is back with the group, Blake carries on.

To start things off there are three bits o information that I want ta get spread round ta folk who may be interested in joinin in and gettin things sorted out in a savin the world kinda way...

The first is that I found out what was goin on when Kerrigan tried usin the magic book the other night.
I don't know all the details but, in broad terms, soemthing out there was feedin from Kerrigan's very being while the book was answerin the question.
The same thing happened ta me when I was tryin ta find out about the Gloom (of which I'll say a bit more in a minite, an so I will).

Something big and nasty out there was gainin in power when the book was bein used so, for the time bein, I'm not at all keen on feedin it more.

On the bright side I've come up with a sneaky way around the problem. Well, kinda.
Rather than asking the book I can just use divination magic myself.
Normally it's not as easy as using the book, but as things stand it seems like a much better plan!

The second bit is, as mentioned, I found out a bit about the Gloom.
It ain't much, but I'm hopin that it may help.
The magic book o knowin stuff (an feedin the bad thing) said that you can use something from the Hopewastes against them.
Don't know how potent it will be, because I was asken how they can be battled or driven off, but it sounds like any kinda weapon would be better than none?
Anyway I think it was called RealmEdge, but I could be wrong.
It deffinately wasn't GraveNail (whcih is a differnet metal that can be got from teh Hopewastes an so it is).

The third thing is that we met with some of the Telefract and they wanted ta talk about an offer of a truce.
I wasn't there for the whole chat, but I was told that the grand high poobah o them wizards was lookin ta mount an attack on Pathway and that he was talkin in terms of combining forces.

As an offshoot o that a couple o side issues have arisen.
- One o the Telefract soldiers that we met was sayin that they were wantin the Chalice o' loveliness for their ritualising.
- The second bein that I have a special letter tellin the Telefract soldiers that I'm allowed ta come ta their city in peace, along with some folk who are walking with me.

As I'm kinda new ta these parts I'm not so sure about what import all this has, or how it stacks up with other stuff, but it seemed ta me that folk should know it.

As a last thing I want ta offer a service ta anyone who needs it.
It seems I'm becoming something o an Oracle, someone who can answer questions that are put ta him.
So the offer is this:
If you are willin ta contribute the oomph, I'll work some razmataz an perform divinations for you. If the question is of the saving the world type, an is being asked to try ta help folks and make the world a better place, I won't charge anything for it. If it's just a bit o a selfish weasel question, if you want ta know where ta find the magic Thingy o Doom, then I'll charge you a few Rava for it.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue May 09, 2006 10:44 am

**Drake re-enters the Graceful Elf and seeing a few familiar faces he gets a drink and sits down** Good morning all

**Drake**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue May 09, 2006 11:25 am

When Lamedos asks for his Rava Kerrigan reaches into his robe and hands over 10 rava
There you go

And Blake those services would be most useful, though I would ask that if anyone ask you for the location of the Chalice that you let me know.

On the point of the Telefret I do not believe we can trust them that is why I did not stay to find out what they where offering, also my personal feeling is that if you where to go to Ingolé there home town you would most likely not come out of there again.

On the question of divination when you get the chance would you be willing to find out if there is a way to kill the glooms rather than just driving them off, and I remember you mentioning about rift edge which could be used to drive them off which our fellow Drake has
Kerrigan indicates Drake as he enters

Also I would be willing to help you with the razmatz as you put it.

Kerrigan then turns to Bartholomew
This information about pathway do you know who currently has it or can you remember enough about it

To Drake
Welcome Drake it has been an interesting 2 days

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue May 09, 2006 12:16 pm

**Smiles at Kerrigan**

Has it? Saturday certainly was but I had some businee to attend to Sunday. Did you get the challice back?

As for the Glooms, I think that rift edge should kill them but that the rift edge in the dagger isn't very pure. If it comes to it, I can create limited quantities of pure Rift Edge. However, it's very unstable so won't last more than a few minutes and we need to be very careful about killing them.

You were there when we found a dead one while looking for Krishena's village, I thought we decided that the death of a gloom was connected to us all losing our magical abilities.

**Drake**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Sanga”