The Gracefull Elf

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:24 pm

*Vorian smiles slightly, and rises*

That would indeed be myself, as you no doubt have already worked out. If you seek me for any reason, then I invite you to join me. Miss..?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:32 pm

*She goes and sits down beside him but she leaves an obvious gap between herself and him. She however does offer him her hand.*

"I am Miss Camina Andaross I am the editor of the Sanga Trenarn, I have heard a little about you. I was woundering if you would mind if in the next issue of the newspaper you would mind doing an interview for me."
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:36 pm

*Takes the offered hand, with impeccable manners*

Ah, this news paper. I have heard of it, yes. You wish to ask me questions? Certainly. I shall answer them to the best of my abilities.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:42 pm

*She looks a little shocked at the manner of Vorian, at this point her food arrives she looks hungerly at it.*

"First I have had a long day and would like to try this taverns cuisine. It is hard work looking after a newspaper. Can you read would you like a copy of it? I have a few left and they are only 1 Rava."

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:44 pm

*Vorian smiles again*

Ah, so you wish me to answer your questions for free? But you would no doubt sell my responses for quite a profit. Perhaps it might be acceptable for me to be interviewed in exchange for one of your papers?

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:55 pm

"If you want to write your own report on being a high elf you can and I will pay you I believe that I can aford 1 Rava per article submitted at the moment."

*She starts to merrily tuck into her food trying to be a lady, to her Vorians actions seem unlike any common man she has ever met.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:03 pm

Well, so far, being a high elf in Dvarni compares unfavourably to being a high elf in Sanga. The armies I served in were somewhat.... restrictive. Total unswerving duty is all that is responded to favourably. Occasional luxuries for outstanding service might be offered, but nothing that made any real difference.

Here in Sanga, I was met with suspicion, threats, and a few attempts at violence. However, that is for the most part behind me. In the time I've been here, I have not harmed anyone, and have more than once risked my well being, by avoiding harming those who did their best to harm me. It seems that people have seen this, and realised the truth. I would much rather never have to draw a weapon again. I know I will have to on occasion, but the acts of violence I was trained to from birth are not something I enjoy.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:08 pm

*She sits back listerning for a bit thinking how she could use the information. She lets her meal cool down a little. When Vorian finishes speaking she sits upright and eats a little more before continuing.*

"Shall I presume that you can read and write? Because if so would you be so kind as to write a article on what the difference are between fighting around Sanga and fighting around Dvarni?"

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:19 pm

All officers of the Army can read and write, as can most of the soldiers.
I can put something in writing and get it to you in a few days, though I feel uncertain as to what the best things to write about would be. I find that what I consider more interesting can sometimes turn out to be rather mundane to some. Perhaps as my understanding of human society develops, I will have a better idea.

Anyway. No doubt, you can use the parts that seem best to you. However, fighting around Dvarni was rare, simply due to the number of patrols scaring off all but the sneakiest of foes. Most combat was seen deeper into the wilderness, or occasional attacks upon militarily significant settlements.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:22 pm

*She contemplates for a moment or two. She finishes her meal very quickly.*

"I do not need it until the 7th of next month, perhaps you could write a diary or something for a week and then compare each day with what you would be doing in the Heartlands. Or give us an insight to what was going on there when you left."

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:36 pm

I can give you the week in sanga diary now. *Vorian reaches for Camina's notepad, and writes while she finishes her meal*

Day 1. Visit a friend, go shopping in marketplace, have lunch at a grocers stand. Talk with a few interested parties about assorted aspects of Dvarni life.

Day 2. Explore a new part of the city. Have someone try to mug me in an alleyway, not because I am a high elf, but apparently, look 'loaded', whatever that means. Assure him I have nothing worth stealing, and continue on my way. Spend the rest of the day avoiding the alleyways.

Day 3. Spend mostly with the same friend from earlier in the week, mostly talking about recent high elf activities.

Day 4. Spend the morning asking a trader why the armour I was promised would be ready weeks ago is still not there. Get remeasured, and make a note to check up in a few days. The afternoon is spent in the Graceful elf tavern, talking with the regulars who have accepted me as a friend.

Day 5. A bard asks me about Elven poetry and music. Hardly something I am an expert on, but I do my best to record some of the best works, which takes most of the day.

Day 6. Having been a busy week so far, I decide to stay in the tavern most of the day. A short walk around lunchtime results in meeting a city guard who believes me to be an infiltrator. Spend an hour in a jail cell, until his captain arrives, and releases me.

Day 7. Wander the city at random all day. I walk from dawn to dusk, hardly stopping, and still I see new things at every turn. I spend the night in a place I am told is safe enough for me, and return to more familiar areas the next day.

As for Dvarni's diary? Likely to be variations on 'went somewhere, killed people for some reason we were never told'. A soldiers life is not a complicated one, unfortunately.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:43 pm

*Finishes her drink and reads through the diary.*

"So you are saying that here you have freedom to do what you like when you like even though it may cause some problems every now and then where as in the army you had no choice you had to do it. So you had no loved ones left in the Heartlands or relatives that could be worried that you are dead? Also could you tell me where you were posted mainly? And what rank you were?"

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:53 pm

I was posted as a captain at Pathway for about ten years. A fairly quiet place, for the most part, though you would not believe the politics that the assorted officers there get involved in.

Pathway is seen by the more experienced officers as a career ending posting. Some have been there for as long as twenty five years, and the lack of anything ever happening is most likely going to leave their skills as tacticians rather lacking, once they get a posting elsewhere. This is the main reason Erathil rotates the overall command of Pathway, I believe. To keep his generals capable, and to assure them that they will not be there for long.

As for my loved ones? I have a family of sorts, though some I miss less than others.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:12 pm

"Ummm very interesting, so you miss some yet not others...In law problems or just parent problems? Well you are really an unusual and rare fellow. As I understand there are a few trators to Erathil now who seem to be escaping from Pathway. As you were stationed there for some time do you know anything interesting about Pathwat?"

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:18 pm

Ah, my family. No offense, but I prefer such a matter remains with myself. I am not confortable talking about some matters, and that is one of them, for now.

The traitors to Erathil only now emerging? They have been there for some time. They were being caught before, but not any more, for two main reasons. One, Erathil has stretched his forces too far for too long, making it easier to sneak away. Two, his best Captain of internal intelligence has just abandoned his duties, and disappeared mysteriously. *Vorian is smiling as he says this*

As for detailed military secrets? I am willing to discuss that with a few, but I regret you are not one of them. I wish to be sure that people are not simply using me for information in their war against Erathil, and the only way I can do this is to get to know people, and how they treat others. The few times I've been asked important questions so far, there has been someone there I do not mind telling. As I said though, you are not yet someone I trust to that degree.

Return to “Sanga”